Old 6th May 2010, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11363

Default COD: Modern Warfare 3 *?NOV 2011?*

'Modern Warfare 3' is getting a mention around town..

Quote:
"In short, Activision withheld the property of the Infinity Ward Employee Group in an attempt to keep the employees hostage so that Activision could reap the benefit of the completion of Modern Warfare 3."
27-April-2010
SOURCE Infinity Ward Group Sues Activision For Unpaid Bonuses - News at IGN

Quote:
Activision's quarterly sales statement and investor question and answer session, held yesterday, was dominated by Call Of Duty. Confirming that Infinity Ward was working on Modern Warfare 3, ...
07-May-2010
SOURCE Call Of Duty Dominates Activision Investment Call - Voodoo Extreme

Quote:
... an unnamed "next big project." That project has been named in numerous court papers as being Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
07-May-2010
SOURCE Infinity Ward staying open despite 35 defections - News at GameSpot

Last edited by Ned; 8th May 2010 at 01:09 AM.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th May 2010, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 541

Chatty

I reckon..and this is my opinion..that they should leave it where it is..you did MW1 and it was good..you did MW2 and it was alright..(storyline wise it was actually really good but multiplayer wise..well i dont want to get into that) leave it at that..you cant follow that storyline on any further..not just that..in MW2 the storyline had alot of holes and made no sense in parts but i digress..MW3 shouldn't be made..they should say yep..we done that..it was good..lets focus on something else..otherwise they just gonna keep throwing out the same game every 2 years and its gonna get worse before it gets better.

Thats my 2 cents right there.
Old 9th May 2010, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3784 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Buzzed

Ultra-Realistic Modern Warfare Game Features Awaiting Orders, Repairing Trucks | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network

I stumbled across this, was actually quite amusing.

Edit: I wonder if they'll backflip on dedicated servers for MW3...

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
Getafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 429

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
Ultra-Realistic Modern Warfare Game Features Awaiting Orders, Repairing Trucks | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network

I stumbled across this, was actually quite amusing.

Edit: I wonder if they'll backflip on dedicated servers for MW3...
chucklez
I like that site lolz

If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Last edited by flexx; 9th May 2010 at 11:37 AM.
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Chatty

That was funny haha..who doesnt want to play this game now
Old 13th May 2010, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1378

Mellow

Given IW's decimation, I wouldn't be expecting a solid product out of that studio anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brootal666
Brootal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 11

Bored
Default Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brootal View Post
Given IW's decimation, I wouldn't be expecting a solid product out of that studio anymore.
Like Brootal said above, but here are other sources saying about IW and activision

Call of Duty & Infinity Ward in Bobby's World We remain the top destination for development talent in the video game industry
Activision CEO Bobby Kotick took some time out during the Q1 earnings call to talk about Call of Duty and Infinity Ward. Kotick referred to the Call of Duty franchise as an "entertainment platform" and said Activision was looking to expand the brand into new markets. "To continue to provide gamers with the digital content they increasingly demand, we've dedicated multiple development teams to focus exclusively on this online opportunity," stressed Kotick.
"We have the potential to drive the breadth of audience, increase the value-added services we can provide our players and grow our returns to shareholders," commented Kotick. "As a preview, expect additional exciting content for Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops that will surprise our millions or players."
"The popular global fantasy of being a soldier is allowing us to enter new geographies, leveraging... [Blizzard's] expertise... creating content for audiences that have to date have only been satisfied by Blizzard games," Kotick mentioned. "Soon we'll announce our plans for both China and Korea."
The Activision CEO also explained that the Call of Duty brand remains in good hands, with 325 employees working on content across three studios: Treyarch, Sledgehammer, and Infinity Ward.
On the firings of Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella, Kotick stated that "the decision to terminate the two executives was not done lightly, and was not done to deprive them of their bonuses." He added that Activision "felt we had no choice but to terminate the Infinity Ward executives. We did this to protect the company's assets and the interest of our shareholders." Kotick insists that "there was no gray area," though the legal case is still ongoing.
He also admitted that 35 employees have left Infinity Ward since the beginning of their legal troubles, and concedes that, "it is likely that a few more people will leave as well." Kotick said Infinity Ward remains, "an incredibly well-respected group who are motivated and obviously extraordinarily capable." He says that the studio continues work on Modern Warfare 2 DLC and an undisclosed project, and is currently looking into re-hiring. "We remain the top destination for development talent in the video game industry," Kotick concluded.
BonzaiLong42071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzaiLong42071 View Post
"We remain the top destination for development talent in the video game industry," Kotick concluded.
We remain the top destination for development talent in the video game industry..if you want to work for below average wages and not get any bonuses..im fairly certain the top destination is EA..or to a lesser extent..blizzard..which they brought out..so i will stick with EA
Old 22nd January 2011, 04:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11363

Quote:
The game has not been officially announced by Activision. But the title is well into production and is expected to come out in November, the same month that the publisher has annually released a new Call of Duty installment, people with knowledge of situation said. Modern Warfare 3 will be the first game Infinity Ward has produced since the departure of of company co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella.
SOURCE Activision calls in reinforcements for next Call of Duty game | Company Town | Los Angeles Times
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3466

Relaxed

No doubt it will sell like hot cakes but it will need dedicated servers before i'll spend a cent on it.

Rob. is offline   Reply With Quote