Old 19th August 2011, 01:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4572

Fine

They have said 'Epic Scale', I have googled for information on just how big that is... Realistically to be able to have jets the area must be huge. Of course the aircraft always get more allowable battlefield area to operate in than the land forces before you get killed for leaving the battle.

Personally, I'm definitely getting BF3 because BFBC2 was really just a stop gap measure in my eyes to tide over the BF crowd and to help pay for BF3 development and refine the technology. As was also MOH which was a fine multiplayer game sadly left in the dust for BF3. And so I want to see the return on my $$ for buying BFBC2 and MOH and I expect an excellent game which will reward team work much more than COD (outside of scrims)

There's bugger all reason to buy MW3 though, unless they really manage to undo the damage they have done in the last few years. It is simply NOT the hottest property in this game season though. Far from it

Old 19th August 2011, 01:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 6079

Lurking

We still got plenty of zombies left to kill
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 01:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1494

Angelic

I was planning to buy it anyway, I've never been a nerfherder- sorry I meant Battlefielder, simple mistake, anyway the Dedicated Servers is what makes it a done deal for me.

I hope everyone understands the sub models for Call of Duty Elite. There's a paid model and then there's the free model, there are no restrictions on the game you play with the free Elite model. You play the full game for free and buy map packs when they get released, that's it. The paid version is better stats tracking, achievement system, premium content and free map packs. You don't need any of this and it doesn't give anyone an upper hand.
ViperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 02:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
COD: Black Ops 2
Deadly - Post: 1948

Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperX View Post
...I hope everyone understands the sub models for Call of Duty Elite. There's a paid model and then there's the free model, there are no restrictions on the game you play with the free Elite model. You play the full game for free and buy map packs when they get released, that's it. The paid version is better stats tracking, achievement system, premium content and free map packs. You don't need any of this and it doesn't give anyone an upper hand.
Have they released the cost of elite?
I personally like the stats bling - not that it will help my game

kingsview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 03:59 PM   #45 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1494

Angelic

The last update I saw (but that was a review post) was $7.99 USD or $99 AUD (a little Aus currency joke there) Kingie which isn't too bad, it's unlikely I'd go for it, but then I'm a diehard mmo subscriber so probably will get sucked in at some stage.
ViperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 04:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3351

I'll be trying Elite for at least one month so I can see for myself if its worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKharma View Post
God that C4 is annoying
Juganort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 05:20 PM   #47 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
COD: Black Ops 2
Deadly - Post: 1948

Psychedelic

LOL Viper

I will certainly give it a go. If it adds value to my gaming I will keep...a nice additional revenue stream for the franchise

kingsview is offline   Reply With Quote