Old 4th June 2011, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 346

Default No dedicated servers

You guys have probably seen this:

Quote:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 won’t have dedicated servers, perks and kill streaks detailed

Kotaku have been reporting more leaked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 information, shedding more light on Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer mode. As well as new kill streaks and individual perks, there will also be a series of team perks that will confer bonuses to every member of a side.

There’s some bad news, however. Kotaku say that “this latest Call of Duty still won’t support dedicated servers, instead relying on the hosted servers found in previous iterations of the game.” For an overview of why this is a problem, check out this analysis of host advantage in previous Call of Duty titles.

Still, there’s a silver lining. It looks as though Modern Warfare 2′s controversial tactical nuke that would instantly end a multiplayer game if one player got too many consecutive kills will be removed for Modern Warfare 3. Read on for a list of the new perks and kill streaks leaked to Kotaku.

Update: Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling has tweeted in response to the leak to say that “There is no Stopping Power, OMA, Commando, or Nukes. Beyond that, you’ll have to wait & see.”

Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade referral link for 4k store points.
The Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th June 2011, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 556

Mellow

If there are not proper servers then Black Ops will be the last CoD game I buy I cannot go through the debacle that was MW2 again...
Wa-81-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Division Captain
Call of Duty & Titanfall
Lethal - Post: 5847 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Cheeky

Agree Wabbit, match making was shite and I will never go there again!!
Originally Posted by 303
And I love hoppy
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3481

Sad

Yep no deds no sale

Rob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4604

Fine

F A I L

End of an era, the only true Modern Warfare is COD4
Old 4th June 2011, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6657

Grumpy

Poor once again and the reason i ill not buy these games.

It is a shame as i would like to go through the single player campaigns as i really enjoyed the first MW.
Old 4th June 2011, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21709

Shocked

yep just saw on Kotaku .. and their is a FAQ on elite

Quote:
We've also learned, unfortunately, that this latest Call of Duty still won't support dedicated servers, instead relying on the hosted servers found in previous iterations of the game. Dedicated servers were removed from the Modern Warfare games starting with Modern Warfare 2. (Modern Warfare 3 appears to be using DemonWare for player authentication, just like with Call of Duty: Black Ops.)

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
COD: Black Ops 2
Deadly - Post: 1948

Psychedelic

It's a shame that they rely on match making (hosting) as it is inferior especially when you want to level up The only saving grace that we have learnt in MW2 is that once you have levelled up the private server arrangement is very good

kingsview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1242

Lurking

In spite of this no dedicated server stuff, I will still get it, for the single player, however, I won't be playing MP.... especially when BF3 is out at the same time. As this is the case I won't mind picking it up cheap overseas and having it shipped here.

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage
, rage against the dying of the light.
Rage032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 09:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5375

Sleepy

Yep - I wont be buying for the MP content. I'm not going through that matchmaking debacle again.

BF3 is getting my multiplayer dollars.

I will be playing MW:3 once the price drops for the SP content, but thanks but no thanks Activision.....stick your "if you want the top perks cough up"