Old 9th June 2011, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3379

Default A New Hope....

A short while ago, on a website far far away, these comments by Robert Bowling were announced. Quite frankly I'm excited, again.

"I can’t confirm anything yet, but right now we’re having conversations about dedicated servers, mod tools and post launch support."

"But let’s not lose that dedicated core audience that wants the dedicated server experience. We’re looking at ways to incorporate that into Modern Warfare 3. We’ve been listening a lot to our PC guys who have been very vocal since Modern Warfare 2 about what they want to see come back to our versions of the franchise."

Full article

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKharma View Post
God that C4 is annoying

Last edited by Juganort; 9th June 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Juganort is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th June 2011, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
One eyed green monster
Elite - Post: 4170 TOG Silver Level Supporter

oh ... PLEASE let it be

Signature pimped by Juganort
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ace - Post: 7722 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Blah

6 months or less till release and they are just now talking about integrating dedi servers? Its not a critical part of their development cycle which probably started just after MW2 was released (maybe before?). Its not like we didn't make a whole heap of noise about this when IWNET for MW2 came out. They should have listened then. It would seem they are getting a little concerned about their PC sales forecasts. Too little too late for this black duck.
Old 9th June 2011, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2703

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Rageaholic View Post
oh ... PLEASE let it be

papa
Old 9th June 2011, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21667

Shocked

i'll believe it when i see it ....i sort of agree with SJ ... Bowling has had several opportunities to come out and say a clear yes or no but just waffles on ...it is more positive then other articles but it is not a yes ... but it seems they are getting a little concerned about their PC sales forecasts and trying to put a positive spin on it..

they left it till last minute to say no dedicated server in MW2 as well ..

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4601

Fine

Nobody trusts Bowling. He lost all respect after IWNET was created. Who cares what he says now. They are going to have to stop taking things away from the people who pay their wages and start adding back much more value before anyone is going to be backing MW products again
Old 9th June 2011, 05:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7422

Paranoid

Can't confirm this far into the product's development..? what a load of tosh - the decision has already been made, all he's doing it talking out his arse at this point. Marketing clearly isn't his strong point.

I'm thinking a mix of the two, dedicated servers and IWNot. Wasn't one of the pay to play features, organised clan play? There's your dedicated servers - competition p(l)ay.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21667

Shocked

yeah IWNET cost them a lot of money so i cant see them backing away from that ... because that would be a admission of failure .... Purg might be on right track clan play on dedicated servers but only if you pay $$$$

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Average - Post: 219

Lurking

Nothing's perfect. We have deddies now, and damn near all you see is Nuketown or CG servers.

They run well. But i couldn't be stuffed play on either.