Old 29th July 2011, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3351

Default 402 Interview

Hi all,

New 402 interview has popped up on the interwebs. There's not a great deal of Multiplayer info aside from confirming that quickscoping is definitely back and they're making changes to the melee system from MW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKharma View Post
God that C4 is annoying
Juganort is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th July 2011, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
One eyed green monster
Elite - Post: 4170 TOG Silver Level Supporter

WTF?
Quote:
... coming out of Modern Warfare 2, we learned a lot about what our PC audience wants and what they're looking for, for a PC version ...
SERIOUSLY? He didn't just say that, did he?

oh, here's an idea on how to improve the game play experience; DEDICATED SERVERS!!

On a positive note. The graphics in that look WAY better than what I've seen previously. Quite impressed by that.

Signature pimped by Juganort
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7154

Paranoid

He can't get into anything, even questions about how suggestions from the community had made it into previous games..?

I bailed when he mentioned incorporating things that the PC audience asked for after MW2 - the whole time what the users were screaming for was dedicated servers!! I see a future politician here, I'm none the wiser about what MW3 will actually deliver, he managed to side step about every question he was asked and then finished it off with complete crap.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
COD: Black Ops 2
Deadly - Post: 1948

Psychedelic

Agreed not sure I know much more, however the graphics do look very sharp .

kingsview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 07:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leevers

Mw3 could be BF3, but if it has no dedi's then it's going to get about as much game play as plants vs zombies
Old 1st August 2011, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5866 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevers View Post
if it has no dedi's then it's going to get about as much game play as plants vs zombies
Hey!

Plants vs. Zombies was great!

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3351

Notice when asked if people could make Sniper lobies, he replied with something like we would like to give players those sorts of options - clearly he's in a lobby (IWnet) state of mind when answering this question and obviously not thinking dedicated servers where lobbies dont exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKharma View Post
God that C4 is annoying
Juganort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juganort View Post
Notice when asked if people could make Sniper lobies, he replied with something like we would like to give players those sorts of options - clearly he's in a lobby (IWnet) state of mind when answering this question and obviously not thinking dedicated servers where lobbies dont exist.
There were a number of articles I read in June that suggested that dedicated servers won't be included and a matchmaking service based on IWNet was being used - I don't recall them quoting a source for the information though. Given the amount of ribbing they're copping from DICE about dedicated servers and the numerous opportunities to put the PC community at ease by confirming it, they've remained silent on the topic.. only stating that they've listened to the PC community.

Not really a good way to treat potential future customers, especially when a product that is being released a few weeks earlier could cost you sales.

I'm still on the fence about MW3, no dedicated servers = no sale. Advantage to subscribers = no sale. BF3 is mind-blowingly good = no sale.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
One eyed green monster
Elite - Post: 4170 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purg View Post
I'm still on the fence about MW3, no dedicated servers = no sale. Advantage to subscribers = no sale. BF3 is mind-blowingly good = no sale.
He DID say there is NO advantage to subscribers in that vid. It's just an e-penis thing to check your stats.

Signature pimped by Juganort
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 07:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Rageaholic View Post
He DID say there is NO advantage to subscribers in that vid. It's just an e-penis thing to check your stats.
I don't trust him as far as I can throw him..