Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd February 2009, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2169

Fine
Default Hackers target Xbox Live players

Instead of saying well done when you get beat you can do this

George is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd February 2009, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

That's just mean

This just adds to my growing list of why I only game online with TOGers.

As they are attacking the player directly and not XBOX live, it will only be a matter of time before it happens to PS3 owners too
Old 23rd February 2009, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Fine

I know. It's very poor mate.

Old 26th February 2009, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3871

Scared

Yet you still pay to play online on Xbox Live, they should just give up and make it free, reason why ps3 and wii win at online consoling.

Bikkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Fine

I'm with you bikkies. I'm not sure why you have to pay for the XBOX live when the others don't. Most of the XBOX players here swear by it. I fact, i suspect they may make some posts very soon to tell you why it's worth it

Old 26th February 2009, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1381

Dont you just LOVE Mirco$oft? ...
Dummy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

I won't tell you that it is worth it, in fact I think it is a big rip off personally. What I will say for it though is that for the most part it is a more stable on line platform than than I have experienced with the PS3 or Wii.

This being said, I was speaking to Scratches last night who was vey upset about what EA have done with Tiger Woods 09. It seems EA has now sold advertising in game and each hole you play is now "proudly" sponsored. As you pay for the game and XBOX live I think this is damn rude and will make me think twice before I purchase another EA title.

Unfortunately EA are not the only ones. Ubisoft added "current" movie posters to some of the online levels of Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I think they did the same with the Battlefield games as well??

Either way, If I pay for the game and the service to play it online I should not be bombarded with ads!
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7437

Yeehaw

Yet, if you're playing a game that simulates reality, don't you ~have~ to have ~real~ movie posters and stuff around the place?

If not, then the game has failed at creating a realistic representation the world.

Personally I'm all for these experiments into adding commercial add revenue into games. While they might be blatant schemes to get more $$$ right now, they open up alternative models for all kinds of publishers, not just the big studios. There are lots of companies releasing relatively decent quality 100% free to play games on the PC already, free online gaming could become a solid staple of the next generation of systems but it has to cut it's teeth somewhere and without companies like EA trying these kind of things to backup the validity of adds used in games advertisers will never foot the cash to make it worth while for smaller indy studios to even try it, which = less games = .

Last edited by Drac; 3rd March 2009 at 11:24 AM.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 12:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 23

I use the Xbox Live stuff for my Netflix account. It's like... pay-per-view... except I pay a flat rate each month and I only get to see about half the movies that exist (but we get the others shipped to us as well through Netflix). I watched UHF (Weird Al Yankovich) the other night. Absolutely hysterical.

Xbox Live + Netflix is awesome for movie buffs like myself. Entire first 3 seasons of Alfred Hitchcock, anyone?
Ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 09:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

hey all,
im just a casual gamer, ut i have both xbox 360 and ps3...i just like gadgets i think.
anyways, for me xbox live knocks the socks off psn. i find very few games on the psn are playable multiplayer...they take too long to find matches, and when it does find they often cant connect...and there are no real lobbys. there are some exceptions...call of duty is ok, but thats the only multiplayer game i find i can use on the ps3. Have you tried getting in a game for GT5? its just pointless to even have when its as bad as that.
so, yes xbox live costs, but you can get 12 month subscription cards for half the price of a game, so i think thats not so bad really.
now, there are plenty of things about microsoft gaming that do rattle my cage, im not being a fanboy...but xbox live is the way it should work imo.
have fun
nudger1964 is offline   Reply With Quote