Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th April 2009, 03:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2169
 George's Avatar

Fine
Default A Tale from the middle east

What a week!

Got pulled over by the police on Monday for speeding. The policemen didn't seem to know how to fill out the ticket. Apparently the the tickets changed earier this year. He gave me a ticket and off he went leaving me to go to work as normal.

I sent one of the site drivers to the police station with a copy of the ticket to see what the fine was. Well, when he came back he told me it was: 1200 Dirham fine, car impounded for 30 days and i was to be imprisoned for 2 days! oh yes, imprisoned for 2 days.

We employ a Emerate to do translations & help to deal with the the local government & the munisipalities. He thought something was wrong. He went to the police station to sort it all out. The long and the short of it was I ended up with a 400 dirham fine and that's it. The policeman had filled out the form wrong.

This took all week to get to this sorted out and my arse has been like a clowns pocket for most of that time.

Normal George is to resume now
__________________

George is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th April 2009, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1463
 click's Avatar

Goofy
Default

Lucky mate very lucky
It's hard to get a copper to admit he f@#ked up

Can I still call you "JAILBIRD GEORGE "
__________________

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298
 Pure Mongrel's Avatar

Goofy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
This took all week to get to this sorted out and my arse has been like a clowns pocket for most of that time.
Ummm ... did an endless stream of balloon animals, cream pies or other clowns keep coming out of it?!?
__________________
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3871
 Bikkies's Avatar

Scared
Default

Holy Crap mate that is some scary shit happening right there, glad it's sorted.

Why were you speeding in the 1st place in a foreign country though George, gotta ask
__________________

Bikkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6637
 Bawheidbob's Avatar

Grumpy
Default

Feck me at least it all got sorted out scary stuff though.
__________________
TFIGEGKTB
Bawheidbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2169
 George's Avatar

Fine
Default

I was going 100kph in a 60 zone. This 60 zone was a dual carrageway and i normally get passed by the locals in the supercars at around 160-200kph. I was late for work as well.

Look i held my hands up. I was speeding, no two ways about it. I'm also a big believer in Karma, so i think 2 days in the nick would be fair for all the other times i've been speeding, but it's still a shock when i was firest told.
__________________

George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 12:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742
 Rog69's Avatar

Sleepy
Default

Glad to hear you're still a free man George and thanks for introducing me to the Clowns Pocket phrase, is it bigger or smaller than a Wizards sleeve? Just so I know when to use it in the right context
__________________

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 02:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2541
 Cadder's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I was going 100kph in a 60 zone. This 60 zone was a dual carrageway and i normally get passed by the locals in the supercars at around 160-200kph. I was late for work as well.
Look i held my hands up. I was speeding, no two ways about it. I'm also a big believer in Karma, so i think 2 days in the nick would be fair for all the other times i've been speeding, but it's still a shock when i was first told.

No more burnout comps for George. He doesn't know when to stop!
All the way to work that day he was saying to himself "Boost! Boost! Gotta get more than 1000 yards drift....
'course the dead giveaway when the cop pulled him over was spinning 180 degrees and power-parking on the opposite side of the road... Then he was POd 'cos it was only a 96% score...
__________________
Cad nominatim, CAD per professio, cad per vis.
(Click the .sig for my PSN portable ID)
Cadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 338
 maggot_bag's Avatar

Dead
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadder View Post

No more burnout comps for George. He doesn't know when to stop!
All the way to work that day he was saying to himself "Boost! Boost! Gotta get more than 1000 yards drift....
'course the dead giveaway when the cop pulled him over was spinning 180 degrees and power-parking on the opposite side of the road... Then he was POd 'cos it was only a 96% score...


lol....was thinking the same thing.

he should have used the Raijin turbo. ...the cops couldn't catch him then
maggot_bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2169
 George's Avatar

Fine
Default

I was in a 1.3 Honda Jazz. If i had the Raijin i would have blended in with the locals
__________________

George is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0