Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Soon we will only be able to get games for a few power house publishers /developers.

Game releases will be based on lowest common denominator marketing and I fear many great games will never see the light of day. (especially now that organizations like M$ are looking to reduce the number of Indy games on XBL, etc.)

The global financial crisis is not only killing jobs, it is killing culture too!

Oh well, at least we will have GTA 102 and EA's "insert sports / Sims name here" 2099 to look forward to.

Last edited by Pure Mongrel; 22nd July 2009 at 09:00 AM.
Pure Mongrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd July 2009, 02:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Average - Post: 184

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel View Post
Game releases will be based on lowest common denominator marketing and I fear many great games will never see the light of day. (especially now that organizations like M$ are looking to reduce the number of Indy games on XBL, etc.)

The global financial crisis is not only killing jobs, it is killing culture too!

Oh well, at least we will have GTA 102 and EA's "insert sports / Sims name here" 2099 to look forward to.
It goes just like with movies. Big publishers. I'm a bit scared about this situation too.

One hope I see is in community based games, where people can use the game mechanics to bend the games to the direction they want. Then a lot of game developers will get unemployed and I hope they establish indie studios together.

And still yet to see same kind of revolution as social media/interaction was to web. Like World of Warcraft is a good game, but not everyone has that much time, need more laid back social game settings in the real world. Oops. What did I actually write?

Well, there is some hope. At least I hope.
Old 23rd July 2009, 04:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 658

Sad

I'm also worried cause even though i am a big sony fan and will be buying a ps3 soon , if the best games are only coming from a few big corps then its bad for the economy cause these big corps are trying to elimnate the competition and a world in a gloabl recession this is the last thing we need .

I just hope we won't be seeing good games just from activision ea and blizzard and whaetever , I've been hopeing for a legend of the dragoon remake and hope that game arts might actually make a lunar 3 for the ps3 but i seriously have my doubts .

But i don't get how ps3 is getting enough good titles , heck i see so many new ones coming out , killzone looks great and i heard the reviews werent too shabby , alsol what about god of war 2 that last one was amazing and god of war3 is being made exclusively for the ps3 and with a new final fantasy mmo made for ps3 and dcuo as well i'mstarting to think sony might actually be at the turning point .
merwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 10:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

Moved PS3 Blu Ray question to its own thread.

You can find it here PS3 Blu Ray question