Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th February 2010, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Ryo
Retired Administrator
Ace - Post: 7823

Default My queue

Since my grandfather moved in with us the wife got us a PS3 for Christmas to have fun together with. Been playing Dirt 2 a lot, its such a riot. Got him a cordless steering wheel and all that. The guy turns his truck around and tries to head on collision all the opposing drivers. If you knew the dude (he's one of those really sweet guys that everyone immediately loves) and saw it you would laugh continuously - its funny stuff. Great game all the way around.

I've also been working through an emerging queue of games. First tinkered with Flower and Braid, both of which I was really surprised at their quality for downloadable cheap games.

Joined Gamefly and have a queue up.

Next moved onto Force Unleashed and played it through. That was obligatory in this household, where Star Wars is practically a religion.

Played a bit of Batman. It was alright, never really grabbed me though. I'll come back to it.

God of War 1 and 2, played them on PS2 so they were old hat - but good.

I've got Prototype and Infamous on the way, not sure which to play first. Both should be here today

Thought about picking up the latest FIFA but I let the one on the PS2 collect dust.

Lets see, the Assassin's Creeds, the Uncharteds? Any other must plays that come to mind?

Add me on Facebook
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th February 2010, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2174

Confused

Uncharted games are brilliant. Assassin's Creed 1 gets quite repetitive but worth at least one playthrough, 2 is brilliant but won't make much sense without having played the first.

Burnout Paradise is a must play, especially since your gramps likes wreaking havoc on Dirt 2.

My other personal favs are Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Skate 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Saints Row 2. I do have a taste for niche titles though so some of those may not be to your taste at all.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 02:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2187

Fine

Must agree with Chief. The unchartered games are great. The game that i took most sick days for though was Rachet and clank. Amazing game i thought

George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1263

Relaxed

I've always been a fan of Wipeout, so WipeoutHD was a must for me.

Stuntman Ignition shoudl be dirt cheap now. The objectives are fixed, so if you stuff it up, you know what you have to do next time (good for me... bit of a dummy sometimes). I know a lot of people would find it repetitive, but it's great fun.
Old 7th February 2010, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

G'day Ryo,

iNfamous was very good. I really enjoyed that title ... maybe my favourite exclusive PS3 game.

I am a big fan of the Pixel Junk games in the Playstation Store (PJ Monsters and PJ Shooter) They are fun and make you think at the same time.

Other Playstation Store games to consider - Battlefield 1943 & PA!N

If you like racing, Need For Speed Shift was a great reboot to the series. It plays well, especially with a steering wheel. Oh and if you can find a copy, (It is as rare as Rocking Horse Poo), F1 Championship Edition is good if you like that genre.

Dragon Age Origins (If you have not played it on PC) is so good, I played through it 3 times.

Little Big Planet you may enjoy if you like platformers and making your own levels. If making levels is not your thing, but enjoy that style of game, Ratchet & Clank a crack in time plays way better and the story is cool.

KillZone 2 is good (although I still feel the controls could be better) and so is Resistance 2.

That should keep you going for a while
Old 9th February 2010, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 22

Fine

I particularly enjoyed Oblivion and Fallout 3. If you're looking for some good co-op play, Resident Evil 5 is great.
Old 9th February 2010, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9441

Breezy

Bioshock and the soon to be released Bioshock 2.

As well as all the other games previously mentioned.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

dragon age was so epic when i first played it, then i saw my mate playing it on his pc and it just put the 360 version to shame........ =[

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 03:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Ryo
Retired Administrator
Ace - Post: 7823

Yeah, I did Dragon Age on the PC, was good fun. Will probably do the expansion at some point.

I have done FPS too long on the PC to be able to adjust to controllers, and I've tried. So I nabbed Bioshock 2 for the PC, since it came with Bioshock 1 and I missed it. Very cool so far.

I did pick up Burnout Paradise at Gamestop used for next to nothing and my grandfather loves it. Really good fun.

I'm likely to get Motogp 09/10 when it releases despite a lot of criticism of the franchise. Rode for several years and did some (very limited) racing, so I always get pumped up at the sounds alone.

May need to nab Wipeout, I never played that series much but I was a big fan of Extreme G3, that might approximate it

Lots of good titles in this thread, several I'd missed - appreciate it

Add me on Facebook
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2633

I'm a big fan of the Lego games.
Star Wars, Indy, Batman. Presently playing Indy 2 (in between MAG sessions) which has gone through a bit of a style redesign for the Lego games. It took a bit of getting into, but I've decided I like the way it plays now.

As Chief said, Burnout Paradise, although a bit long in the tooth now, is still a must for playability, and still gets frequent playtime in my house. You can now get all the DLC in one download, and the full game itself is available for download on PSN too.