Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1464

Goofy
Default Saving the Confusion (invites)

I think we should discuss the way we go about inviting friends into games (especially MAG) to save all the confusion. Lets all put down some ideas and then make a standard.

Heres mine
- If you want to be invited into the group, send a pm via psn to someone in the group. Depending on what the group is playing this could mean it will be awhile (up to 20mins).This doesn't mean you can't go of and play for a while in another server though. If you don't get and invite with 1/2hr send another pm.
- Once the group has sent an invite. The group will wait 5 mins (no longer) for you to accept.

Hopefully we can come up with something that works so we aren't all wondering who is doing what and who wants in

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3rd March 2010, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2633

Sounds good to me.
Old 3rd March 2010, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9439

Breezy

Agreed but................if auto join is on why do you need to send the invite.

I have to admit I haven't tested but I have had the check box.

I can't say for sure if someone requests to join if they actually get automatically joined to the group.

If the group is in a full game does the person get joined to the group or have to wait till they come out of the game.?

If the game is not full will the person be automatically added to the group and the game.?

Who would you contact in the group? If the group is made up of 4 players do you PM all of them with the hope one of them will notice and inform the others via voice comms if they have voice comms.
Old 3rd March 2010, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

I really wish SONY would fix this side of their network. The XBOX system is far superior.

Party chat: Allows up to 10 players to chat to each other, even if they are in different games / sessions. At least then people can pop in and say "Sorry guys busy" or Cool thanks for the invite" etc.

I am sorry for spamming A_1 and Bo0 last night, but due to the delay that happened when I invited the other guys, I was not even sure you were getting them.

Would it be better to send a message before an invite in future?
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 79

Quote:
I am sorry for spamming A_1 and Bo0 last night, but due to the delay that happened when I invited the other guys, I was not even sure you were getting them.
Ok this here answers what I suspected.If you are already in a group that invite does nothing.I was in a group with my friend Jabinski and Ancient_One last night and got no invite.

I have sent invites before and got no response,well because you were grouped up,so they need to do something a long the lines of either something goes to your inbox,or gray out the invite tab for group.

One other thing is to set the group to open invites,so anyone in the group can invite someone.There are a few non clan members that some of us have played with before that are quite fun to have along for the ride.

Then in the process maybe our ways of awesomeness will rub off on them and they will want to join

What I usually do when sending an invite is let the person know to send you a message when they are done with there current game so you can invite

PSN BoOchi777
BoOchi777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Well that explains that!

Still that is a very silly way for the developers to run that system. So from now on, open invites and send messages before invites are sent.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

Only if we are in a game. I usually between games go into the Clan/Friends Community section and check where people are at.

If not in a game I send an invite.

Unfortunately it will not get received if they are already in a group.

That's another thing they need to sort out. Maybe an icon to say your in a group next to the name.
Old 4th March 2010, 08:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Yeah they do need to fix this. There were a few times we waited for you and Bo0 to get out of a game to send invites ... you did not get those requests either.
Old 4th March 2010, 08:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles

Breezy

I'm sorry man. I missed you too, you big fluffy dog you.
Old 4th March 2010, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

LOL

PS3 needs:

A way to message multiple people at once and party chat!