Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th May 2010, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1076

Default What to expect from the Community Playdate!

With the date closing in boys (May 12th, 8pm Eastern time) I thought I would give some info on what to expect that day.

First off, friends requests (if you're on the list mentioned on the website): If you like, make a list of the incoming requests you get and then after the playdate delete em. Otherwise please accept ALL requests you get as they are from people looking to join in on the playdate. We have a lot of Toggers up for this who aren't even on XBOX's announcement of it, so it should be a great time!

What to expect: A fun time! What I would like to happen is to have everyone hop on at the alotted time, I will then send a party request out to everyone I know is playing. If you are going to hop in and I don't know, that's cool, just join in on the party (it will be public)! We will hop into a game and start playing. After we get everything figured out and get a game going we will DROP the party so we can communicate with the people who are there for the playdate! Staying in a party and keeping to ourselves is not the personable thing to do IMO. And the TOG way.

CLAN TAGS: I need EVERYONE to be sporting their TOG tags. If you don't know how to put in your clan tags, do this. Instead of going to "Quick game" at battlefields main menu, go to "Game with Friends" At that point you should be at the pre-game/squad making screen. You should be able to hit the "back/select" button (I think thats the button), and enter you clan tag which will display all the time! Please make your clan tag as follows: TOG (all caps).

Next, A bit of administration is in order.

PLEASE, and I can't muster how much, PLEASE, watch your language and what you say during the playdate.

First off we as Toggers said that we would be respectful and mindful of other gamers when we signed up. Also, this maybe peoples first impression of TOG and this is PARAMOUNT!!!!

We want people to join! We want people to walk away from this playdate and say, "Man, those Older Gamer guys are great fun to play with!"

I know most of you knew that, but I just had to say it.

Most of all HAVE FUN!

Remember, this is only the beginning of the playdates.

Last edited by Ancient_One; 7th May 2010 at 05:30 PM.
Fall-Of-Enosis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th May 2010, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

Thanks for orgainzing all of this FOE! +1 and award given
Old 9th May 2010, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4468

Yeehaw

super cool Fall!! Sucks I can't be there for this one, but hopefully the next one! Rock out and get TOG a good name in the console community!! Rep for you!

oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys and FYI, it's on the dashboard now!

Old 10th May 2010, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Average - Post: 139

Tired

Excellent work FOE! Ever since we hit the dashboard I've been getting 2 to 3 friend requests PER hour. I'm probably going to drop some of my TOG friends temporarily to make room for more playdate players. I don't want anyone to be offended by that and don't worry, I'll be be hitting you guys back up once we're done.

See you all there!
Spunkmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Relaxed

yo, float me a F Request if ya'll want too, I'll prob play as well

GT : Zeoinx
Zeoinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 03:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 110

Lurking

Wednesday, May 12, starting at 8:00 P.M. ET

ok for us in Australia....

Adelaide
(Australia - South Australia)
Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 9:30:00 AMUTC
+9:30 hours CST

Melbourne
(Australia - Victoria)
Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 10:00:00 AMUTC
+10 hours EST

Sydney
(Australia - New South Wales)
Thursday, 13 May 2010 at 10:00:00 AMUTC
+10 hours EST
Old 12th May 2010, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Correspondent
Retired Advisor
Correspondent
Retired Advisor
Elite - Post: 2913

Lurking

I logged on to my xbox today to 98 messages! About 70 were friend requests. 10 or so were people telling me how much they loved my game. 10 or so were people bragging about their average per-battle score. 5 messages included voice with one being from a kid telling me to sit on his penis.

If I don't friend any toggers I apologize in advance. Shoot me a message letting me know you are in TOG and I will find you in the list.

Now, I do have a question...while waiting for the playdate do I sit in the game or on the dashboard while waiting for the party request? I've never done anything like this before... (that's what she said)

"...through victory my chains are broken"
Arep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 10

Amused

I will see you there FoE!!!!
michael617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arep View Post
Now, I do have a question...while waiting for the playdate do I sit in the game or on the dashboard while waiting for the party request? I've never done anything like this before... (that's what she said)
Either or mate we just want to be on comms to make sure we ALL get in a game together. Once we get in a game together, we'll drop the Party coms and go to game coms.