The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Console Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/console-talk/)
-   -   Handhelds? (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/console-talk/301148-handhelds.html)

Ebonytears 29th May 2010 10:15 PM

Handhelds?

Just wondering if we have a section for handheld games like the DS or PSP's. My whole family has a DS each and I'm thinking of upgrading to a DSxl (gotta love that big screen!) and passing my ds onto my eldest who has nearly worn his out in a year :eek: Kid is pokemon mad...has 7 games and is paying off the latest one now....8 pokemon games...who does that?

Anyway...just curious. I mainly use my ds for those puzzle games like Professor Layton. Looking forward to Rooms too which should be out soon.

I'm still talking aren't I? I'll go now......

Pure Mongrel 29th May 2010 11:20 PM

DOH! (Removed post ... as it made no sense!)

Bawheidbob 29th May 2010 11:24 PM

Think we could just put these posts in the games section its open to all platforms not just the big boys of PS3 and 360

Pure Mongrel 29th May 2010 11:35 PM

Your absolutely right mate.

The handhelds have not received much attention of late. In fact there is a current debate about what to do about this.

Do you guys think we should put more emphasis on handheld platforms?

Does PSP belong with the PS3 crowd, or the DS with the Wii group or do they need "attention" all of their own?

Is there any interest out there for iPhone or iPad gaming?

Ebonytears 29th May 2010 11:48 PM

hhhmmm...as psp can connect with ps3 and wii and ds communicate then it might be an idea to put them together.

I don't have an iphone or ipad so not sure what how they work.

I have been neglecting my ds lately due to my bfbc2 addiction interest. Picked it up again today and it got me thinking....always a bad thing. :p

FunkyJ 30th May 2010 09:45 AM

Although my interest in PSP & DS faded long ago, I still play them occasionally, but only if I'm bored and / or travelling. I would like to see a prefix for them... maybe it could boost interest.

As for iphone / ipad, I'd like to see prefixes for them as well. I don't own / play a lot of games / apps on my iphone, but the ones I do are pretty fun.

Scratches 30th May 2010 10:16 AM

Perhaps we can fire up a poll to see the interest. Just to see who owns what device, and what interest there is them as gaming platforms.

Essentially, do you see them as a gaming platform in their own right, or are they just a novel way of passing the time until you get home to a 'big boy' console? If there is enough interest, then certainly adding a prefix would be a start. if not starting a Division for them. (This could overlap the other mobile devices too, but I tend to agree with Ebonytears in that they would be better grouped with their respective big brothers.)

Anyway, as an iPhone owner I would be interested in pursuing this subject further.

There's my two cents.

Ancient_One 30th May 2010 11:30 AM

I was of two minds when I read this. Use existing games and hardware sections to post
relevant details or make a new section called Hand Held Gaming.

True their is a connection aspect with their bigger brothers and sisters. A shared game which would make more sense to have them in with the rest of the relevant sections but some games are specifically engineered for the hand held as well.

Maybe we could add a prefix to the posts like PSP...... or DS........ and iPhone or iPad..........

Are we able to add more prefixes Pure_Mongrel?

We currently have:
PSP
PS3
Wii
XBOX

Could we add:
DS
iPhone
iPad

HenriDeacon 31st May 2010 01:00 PM

I would love to see a Handheld forum, and would regularly contribute to it.