The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Console Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/console-talk/)
-   -   Australian Gamers - Head to GAME! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/console-talk/305580-australian-gamers-head-game.html)

Pure Mongrel 23rd June 2010 03:24 PM

Australian Gamers - Head to GAME!

Guys if you have a GAME store near you go there ASAP and make some savings!

The big sale is this Friday I believe but they have already marked down so many titles it is unbelievable.

Just some examples so far that I have seen (or taken advantage of):

P/O = Preowned

MAG $28
MASS EFFECT 2 $28 P/O
Bayonetta $18 P/O
Lost Planet 2 $26 P/O
Alien Vs Predator Hunter Edition $28
Bioshock 2 Rapture Edition $28
Official Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for PS3 controller $28
Official PS3 Camera $28
Modnation Racer $28 P/O
Latest final fantasy $18 P/O or $48 for collectors edition new
Fall out 3 $28
Heaps more, but all I could remember off the top of my head.

I bought a heap of games (PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, PC, PSP and DS New and pre-owned) for $8 ... to many to list here

More games get added to the list every day and I am led to believe this Friday will be huge so get in early.

(No I am not getting commission ;))

Chief 23rd June 2010 04:15 PM

Darksiders $28
Brutal Legend $28
Army of Two: The 40th Day $18
Far Cry 2 $8

If I'd had more time to browse I would have grabbed a heap more. I'll try and get there again tomorrow but no doubt all the good stuff will be gone.

Would love to grab Modnation and Lost Planet 2 but they didn't have any preowned at the one I went to :(

Pure Mongrel 23rd June 2010 05:41 PM

Mate no fear on all the good stuff going. I spoke to the area manager here in Brisbane and they have heaps of boxes in bounds to all stores. Apparently they want to clear everything that is sitting in their warehouse ... and that is a %^&$&^$% load ;)

Was told to make it in Friday and Saturday for the big bargains.

Kiz 23rd June 2010 09:16 PM

nice, thanks for the heads up :)

Gash 3rd July 2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Mongrel (Post 2824572)

Was told to make it in Friday and Saturday for the big bargains.

On Monday 28/6 I was told come Thurs 1/7 for the 'insane sale'. Rocked up and all the prices had gone up substantially (eg Batman AA from $18 --> $48 ). None too impressed tbh, but I'll poke my head in from time to time on they off chance the drop again at the end of the sale.

Scratches 4th July 2010 01:08 AM

I picked up a couple of good bargains for my PS3. A Gioteck bluetooth headset for $18 and a wireless keypad for $24 (down from $80).

They also have a nifty controller recharger stand that I was thinking of getting. Can hold and charge two Xbox and two PS3 controllers at the same time. Not bad at $18.

Ok, enough. I sound like I work for them. :)