Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th June 2010, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 940

Default Stepping down

Hey guys, FOE here!

The time has come for me to step down as an SL. I have enjoyed my time, especially the Playdate!

My reasoning stems from my new upcoming life. I will be married a week from tomorrow.... STOKED!!!! That being said, it doesn't mean I can't play games anymore, my (soon to be) wife is the one that has given me all the gamer points for Fable 2

It's just I am moving on to a different time in my life and gaming won't be a part of it as much as it was. I would rather spend time with my wife during the nights after work rather than gaming ya know?

Also I find myself more disinterested in playing and just don't have the drive to check the forums as much as I should. And those aren't qualities of a good SL.

I AM NOT LEAVING TOG. Or the console division. I will still be around and checking the forums and posting threads with the best of them.

Love you guys!

Fall of Enosis
Jonathan

I

Fall-Of-Enosis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th June 2010, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Average - Post: 139

Tired

While it's a bummer that you're turning in your stripes, I understand. It's nice to know you won't be totally leaving us, and I look forward to getting your wife's tags at some point. (Wow, that sounds bad)

You've been an inspiration to me and I hope I can come close to accomplishing on the PS3 what you've done on the Xbox.

Grats again on your forthcoming wedding, as I told you before, next time I'm over you way, I will definitely buy you and your lovely bride a drink!
Spunkmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2169

Fine

Thanks for all the effort you put in

George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4404 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Take it easy FOE, and have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall-Of-Enosis View Post
I would rather spend time with my wife during the nights after work rather than gaming ya know?
As someone who has been married for nine years (not including the seven years prior to that) I can honestly say: Don't worry, it wears off.
Old 27th June 2010, 03:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4466

Yeehaw

understood Fall. No one can fault you for that decision. After a while you'll be back. You just have to have your priorites in the right place. Good luck to you on your new journey!!
Old 27th June 2010, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2421 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Goofy

I understand FOE.

I'd like to spend the evenings with your wife too... :evil grin:

Good luck with everything mate!
FunkyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9099

Breezy

FInd a game you can both play togeather mate. My wife and I are playing SIMS alongside each other on our laptops. When Lego Harry Potter comes out we will be playing that togeather on the PS3.

A common interest can bring people togeather.

Wish you luck.
Old 2nd July 2010, 03:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 11

Twisted

I have to concur with Ancient One. Just because your married doesn't mean you can't still play. Finding a game you both like can be lots of fun. My family loves the Lego games and it is not uncommon for us to all sit around and cheer each other on while someone plays. Just make sure you strike a balance and don't neglect your wife. The xbox is no where near as much fun to cuddle up with at night.
Old 7th July 2010, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1063

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall-Of-Enosis View Post
Hey guys, FOE here!

The time has come for me to step down as an SL. I have enjoyed my time, especially the Playdate!

My reasoning stems from my new upcoming life. I will be married a week from tomorrow.... STOKED!!!! That being said, it doesn't mean I can't play games anymore, my (soon to be) wife is the one that has given me all the gamer points for Fable 2

It's just I am moving on to a different time in my life and gaming won't be a part of it as much as it was. I would rather spend time with my wife during the nights after work rather than gaming ya know?

Also I find myself more disinterested in playing and just don't have the drive to check the forums as much as I should. And those aren't qualities of a good SL.

I AM NOT LEAVING TOG. Or the console division. I will still be around and checking the forums and posting threads with the best of them.

Love you guys!

Fall of Enosis
Jonathan

I
Fall Come back to combat arms we all miss you .........Ps congrats on your wedding still waiting for the invite ...lol... well done mate hope you enjoy your new life and wife

Last edited by rooshooter; 7th July 2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: x
rooshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Great bloke .....but
Lethal - Post: 5613 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Asleep

Hi my favourite young Bugga, by now you will be happily married to the new Mrs FOE (one lucky woman). You have done a great job with the American Xbox Div.by making both groups interact together on a more regular bases. So now enjoy the little break you are about to have(been married 20yrs this october onlyfeels like we have just started our journey at times). I know you will be back , also hope the young'uns are going well and please enjoy life and most of all have lots of fun together. Love and best wishes for your future together, Cammo (Paul)

RIP ViperX
CAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote