TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th July 2010, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Queen of the Abyss
Ace - Post: 7982

Default move over kids

I was doing my yoga on the wii thismorning and I started wondering why I brought it. I definately remember it not being brought as an exercise machine. Kids were a bit young when it was initially purchased so...why?

My brain has been thinking of my wii as something for the kids. Not sure when that happened as I remember late nights falling asleep on the couch because I had to finish 'just one more quest' in Zelda. So I started looking online at available games. I am now rather grumpy with gaming stores.

Go into EB Games or Games and look at their Wii section. Floor to ceiling exercise, 'party' games or games aimed at kids. Look online and OMG games for adults!!!

I want....Monster Hunter 3, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Wii Zapper Bundle, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Pre-order soon!!), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers, Red Steel 2, Need For Speed Undercover, Tomb Raider: Underworld, and every single one of the LEGO games ever made. If the kids are lucky I might buy them Where The Wild Things Are.

thank you Birko for the sig
Ebonytears is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th July 2010, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1201

Amazed

JB hifi is where you need to go. I've seen many of the games you've mentioned there, and kudos for the twilight princess love too

Now playing = Darksiders, Frozen Synapse, Another Code R.
Last finished = ??
"Who's Gash?" - Beavis
Gash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Queen of the Abyss

Sadly Gash we don't have a JB hifi here Dick Smiths might be the place to go though.

Pulled out my copy of Zelda Twilight Princess last night for nostalgic reasons.....and the rotten kids have deleted my completed saved game!!! I actually screamed

So...being the mature adult that I am...I deleted theres.

Then, this morning I calmly expressed my disappointment and told the kids they would not be touching my copy of Monster Hunter 3 (getting it next week yay!) until I have finished it. My pokemon mad son who likes the whole idea of Monster Hunter is devestated....apparently, as far as he's concerned that won't be until he's older enough to drive (he's almost 13 now)...cheeky little bugger.

Last edited by Ebonytears; 9th July 2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 9th July 2010, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2040

Confused

If he's only 12 there's no way he'd be able to handle MH3, it gets incredibly hard and quite frustrating. It's rated M anyway so you have a good excuse there

Do you have a classic controller? Or order the bundle that comes with one? Because the remote + nunchuck controls for it are a bit shonky.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Queen of the Abyss

Getting the one that comes bundled with the controller. I was already heading down that track as alot of the older games from the virtual console just don't feel right if I play them with the wiimote Reading the reviews sealed it for me though. All agree you can play it with the wiimote but it's akward (for the life of me I can't get that word spelt right) and uncomfortable..especially after several hours of play

Old 9th July 2010, 07:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 10

Quote:
I want....Monster Hunter 3, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Wii Zapper Bundle, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Pre-order soon!!), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers, Red Steel 2, Need For Speed Undercover, Tomb Raider: Underworld, and every single one of the LEGO games ever made. If the kids are lucky I might buy them Where The Wild Things Are.
Dude, you got right choice. Your preferences coincide with mine, except only one thing - I dislike LEGO games
JulyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2540

The Lego games rock. My 5 and 4yos are working their way through Harry Potter....
...having done Indy, Batman and Star Wars to death :b
..they're also addictive for "us grown ups".
Old 11th July 2010, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Queen of the Abyss

Can you hear that sound? Can you? That's the sound of my kids suddenly realising that mum wasn't kidding when she said the Wii is hers. The epiphany occoured in the middle of EB Games when the 3 of them stood there with their mouths open after I said:
"You play this? (copy of Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers) After what you did to MY Zelda? You've got to be kidding!"
The eldest was the only one to come out of his shock long enough to squeak "You can't be serious?!" My reply:
'I might let you watch me play it'
Eldest started into a full fledged argument about how mean and nasty etc etc etc.
I calmly turned to him and said:
"Keep going and all you'll be watching is the wall of your room"
Then I smiled.

Kids keep looking at me sideways.

When we got home they had got over a portion of their shock and were gearing up to watch mum play. I calmly informed them that I still have some school work to do...jobs before play kids!...I might get to play it later tonight....after you've gone to bed

*sigh* My day has been beautiful.

Old 11th July 2010, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 302

Goofy

Mum: 1 - Kids: 0

Nice work, Eb. *applause*

Republic: Balboa | Server: Dalborra | Imperial: Selleck
Scratches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 06:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1201

Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonytears View Post
Sadly Gash we don't have a JB hifi here Dick Smiths might be the place to go though...
Sorry I didn't think of that. I'm super spoiled - my work sits right between 2 shopping centers, so I got every game outlet you can think of at my finger tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonytears View Post

Pulled out my copy of Zelda Twilight Princess last night for nostalgic reasons.....and the rotten kids have deleted my completed saved game!!! ....
Don't even joke about that!! Are you serious? I'd be devestated. Mind you the biggest risk to my TP save is having my 18 m.o. stick a piece of toast in the Wii, but since I started turning it off at the power (i.e. no lights on) he kinda ignores it.

Still thinking about TP saves. If a game is fun enough to do once, technically it shoudl be fun enough to replay any lost progress. However, the stats on my Wii say I've played TP for 55 hrs and I just can't imagine mustering the steam to recover that!

Now playing = Darksiders, Frozen Synapse, Another Code R.
Last finished = ??
"Who's Gash?" - Beavis
Gash is offline   Reply With Quote