Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th August 2010, 10:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Average - Post: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedHearts View Post
The Playstation 3 rules the console world. It’s the only console that does everything
how so?

Old 11th August 2010, 11:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2137

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craggles View Post
how so?
It's the slogan for the ad campaign with Kevin Butler and Marcus Rivers
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 07:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
Average - Post: 237

Default PS3 ...What other real value for money choice?

XBox (Miro$oft) vs PSX.

How many people have I heard saying they have had to return or buy a new XBOX? after their initial purchase?.

How many have returned PSX?, of all the psx's I have purchased I have never had a operating problem or returned one.

I should rest my case there but there is soo much overwhelming evidence I cannot.

I have owned a ps1 to 3 and I will admit there are a few things that sony should have done different, I have never had to return any of them unlike the the problems with micro$oft xbox.

I can install and use another O/S (ie linux) on the PS3 , on the xbox ....forget it , it's like buying a car with the bonnet welded shut just like the other micro$oft products and all the faults that go with it, but the sheep will continue to follow. The ps3 is a blue ray player and can store volatile data on the HD etc, I also have other uses that I decline to reveal .

The WII, oh my. well it is only for the novices, and the naive..get fit using the WII where you can play tennis and ten pin bowl ... yeah right, who are they trying to kid?. If you want to get fit then go out and play TENNIS OR TEN PIN etc for heavens sake, and it will be more enjoyable and beneficial than jumping up and down with a inaccurate controller looking like an idiot.

The PS3 is very expensive when it first came out ..1 - 3 , but you only need to wait until the price comes down, I still think $600 for PS1 was still expensive when it first came out as well as the others.

There are other advantages but I am too tired to think of them at the moment.

If there was another alternative and cheaper offering the same value I would switch to it, but I have not seen any better in my experience.

No Offence is meant to other console players, we still have it over the pc players in which we can trade our older games.

I am a console and a pc user .

Note: It is a disturbing trend with DRM that when you purchase a pc game it cannot be resold, and may become redundant when the authorising server is no more.

Another disturbing trend I noted was a payed FPS online game (MAG), where will it end?, all online gaming being charged with a subscription like WOW, I would rather be shot. You are unable to play the game if the online server became no more.

--------------------------------------
Guild Wars:
Arack the Bold W/R 20 : DP
The Sandgroper N/E 20 : SS
Abigail E/Me 20 : MoM

Games currently playing: (PC) Bioshock 2,Aliens vs predator, stalker: COP,BF:BC2 (PS3) Darksiders,Bayonetta, FF XIII, Wet, Just cause 2.
rokaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 11:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
EVE Division Vice Captain
Ace - Post: 8781

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokaan View Post
The WII, oh my. well it is only for the novices, and the naive..get fit using the WII where you can play tennis and ten pin bowl ... yeah right, who are they trying to kid?. If you want to get fit then go out and play TENNIS OR TEN PIN etc for heavens sake, and it will be more enjoyable and beneficial than jumping up and down with a inaccurate controller looking like an idiot.
Now you wait just one minute there! The Wii is not just for novices..nor is it only for getting fit. I would like to present to you titles such as Monster Hunter Tri, Resident Evil (can your ps3 controller convert into a gun...I think not!), Tomb Raider Underworld, Need for speed Nitro.

I will admit that the marketing behind the wii is aimed more at kids and fitness. But do not for a second think that it is what it is all about. Interesting to note that the two other consoles - xbox and ps3 - are now attempting to do what the Wii has done all along...involve motion sensors into the gaming experience. I would very much like to see the list of games that the xbox will have that can utilise this 'NEW' technology. Because the Wii's list is - ALL OF THEM whereas I think you'll find the xbox's list will be as short as the ps3's list for it's motion sensors.

thank you Birko for the sig
Ebonytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 03:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2137

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokaan View Post

looking at my library of Wii games:

Metroid Prime 3
Battallion Wars 2
Madworld
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition (best version of the game by far)
SSBB
Geometry Wars Galaxies
RE Umbrella Chronicles
RE Darkside Chronicles
House of The Dead Overkill
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Super Paper Mario
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Okami
Fatal Frame IV
Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn
Tenchu - Shadow Assassins
Murumasa - The Demon Blade
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Lost in Shadow
LoZ: Twilight Princess
The Conduit
Mario Kart
Trauma Centre - Second Opinion
Red Steel
Boom Blox
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Shiren the Wanderer
Sin and Punishment 2 Star Successor
Chocobo's Dungeon
Monster Hunter Tri

Not a single one of those games is like you described, and if you're willing to look for them, the Wii actually has the most creative and largest number of exclusive titles this gen by far.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 10:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
Average - Post: 203

"How many people have I heard saying they have had to return or buy a new XBOX? after their initial purchase?."

The older Xbox yes Microsoft really stuffed up here they did not stress test enough and failed in this department. But the newer ones are pretty solid and the slim I bet will be as reliable as the PS3.

Sony are are the only ones that go backwards why initially release a system with backwards compatibility, 60GB HDD cost the price of a PC (The PS3 song comes to mind), then release a shit version with a smaller HDD no backwards compatibility and discontinue the good version WTF?

"I can install and use another O/S (ie linux) on the PS3 , on the xbox ....forget it , it's like buying a car with the bonnet welded shut"

LOL no more install other O/S not unless you dont want to go online or get anymore PS3 updates. Enjoy a welded shut bonnet (lol I just love that saying), another instance where Sony goes backwards.

"The ps3 is a blue ray player"

Agreed big ups to Sony for that. Altho its region limited which sucks the big one and I'm forced to buy my blue ray movies from America because I wanted a PS3 with backwards compatibility, Its like a sucker punch to the nuts.

"can store volatile data on the HD etc, I also have other uses that I decline to reveal ."

You can do the same with the Xbox HDD they have the special cable all over ebay for $5.

"The WII, oh my. well it is only for the novices, and the naive..get fit using the WII where you can play tennis and ten pin bowl ... yeah right, who are they trying to kid?. If you want to get fit then go out and play TENNIS OR TEN PIN etc for heavens sake, and it will be more enjoyable and beneficial than jumping up and down with a inaccurate controller looking like an idiot."

LOL im not going there.

"The PS3 is very expensive when it first came out ..1 - 3 , but you only need to wait until the price comes down, I still think $600 for PS1 was still expensive when it first came out as well as the others."

You are forced to buy watered down versions because the good ones get discontinued. Instead of upgrades you get downgrades and everyone rejoyces.

"I am a console and a pc user ."

Samesies but PC FTW!
Old 2nd September 2010, 08:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

I own a Playstation 2 and 3, Xbox 360.

Most of the time i play my Playstation 3. PSN is coolest !
Old 3rd September 2010, 01:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
Administrator
Ace - Post: 8662 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

I own a DSI, Wii and I've just bought a PS3. I've only got "blur" for the PS3 at the moment but really looking forward to F1 2010 and GT5. I've more game for the Wii but that's only because I've had it longer, I'm sure the PS3 will catch up soon.

Most gaming is still done on the PC.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” ― Douglas Adams
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:51 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9182

Breezy

Had a Wii, PS2, PS2 Slim and XBOX but sold them. Partly due to upgrading to the new machines.

We currently own a PS3 , PS3 Slim, Nintendo 64 and DSi.
Old 11th September 2010, 04:01 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 869

Fine

HA HA HA Some funny reading But to break the bad news I have had a few friends who have owned a new PS3 and even the slim and returning them because of OS system problems and excessive noise. So don’t think the XBox is the only lemon console. I have had my Xbox 360 since they came out and I have suffered 1 RROD and it hasn’t missed a beat since. I have just got the new Slim 360 version and it's brilliant, sleek, cool and quiet (oh so quite) The only reason I got the new one is the CD draw sticks every now and then on the old one.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote