Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th September 2010, 04:02 AM   #31 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 869

Fine

HA HA HA Some funny reading But to break the bad news I have had a few friends who have owned a new PS3 and even the slim and returning them because of OS system problems and excessive noise. So donít think the XBox is the only lemon console. I have had my Xbox 360 since they came out and I have suffered 1 RROD and it hasnít missed a beat since. I have just got the new Slim 360 version and it's brilliant, sleek, cool and quiet (oh so quite) The only reason I got the new one is the CD draw sticks every now and then on the old one.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14th October 2010, 04:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 667

Sad

I know this thread is perhaps just a tiny bit old But given how I am coming back to consoles full time most likely after the christmas holidays I thought it be bet to start interacting and makeing friendships with the tog console division .

Anyways I just bought a ps3 as sony has always been my go to console company .as I've owned previously the Ps2 and PSX

Going to be playing the new Dc Universe online mmo/ God of war 3 / Plenty of sport games and fps3 and can hardly wait to buy Star Ocean the last hope
merwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 04:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy

So the age old debate over which is the better console has still not been decide? I am shocked

While not weighing in on the debate, I would like to add that the new XBOX slim has impressed me. Quieter, bigger hard drive, built in network adapter and faster than the old model.

It is defiantly an improvement over the original.
Old 14th October 2010, 04:50 PM   #34 (permalink)

Sad

I also think it's fair of me to mention that I am also simply a sony fanboy lol but note sony not S.O.E hehe
Old 14th October 2010, 09:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 915

You're saving your bacon by saying Sony, not SOE.

I've recently added a PS3 to the stable. I have to admit, it works so wonderfully well as a media extender when paired with a Bravia tv. I'm also pretty chuffed with the peripheral support on PS3. Though I'm convinced the library, sound and graphics are better on Xbox (for now) the PS3 is really shining as a glorious console.

Isn't it great that we have two superb choices?

I can't think of a time when they were so neck & neck.

NES/SNES were so far superior to Master System & Megadrive it just wasn't funny.

Saturn/3DO were underdone compared to PSOne. N64 wasn't without it's charms though.

Dreamcast (one of my all time favourites) was done & dusted way too early & didn't get the chance to really compete with the PS2/Xbox, and well Gamecube was just crap.

okkervil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 11:39 PM   #36 (permalink)

Sad

I hear ya , Have had many consoles in the past that I still have memories to this day , Nes I think has still to this day been Nintendo's all time greatest console simply because what it offered in of games and gameplay quality in it's hey day .

But If I had to choose my ultimate all time favourite console I would say the PSX is still the greatest diamond in the rough for sony . So Many great rpg's and action and others across the board . Heck I sometimes dust off my psx and play FF 7 , 8 and so many other games
Old 20th October 2010, 05:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3244

Amused

In order of age...
XBOX360 Elite Black 120GB
Wii White
Sega Saturn.. yes you read right and it still works
Sega master System 2.... As above...
Old 20th October 2010, 07:09 PM   #38 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1460

Happy

XBOX 360 Halo Reach
PS3 Slim
Wii
DSi XL

I am loving the new 360 I agree so quite and N wireless ty ty ty and the Reach one I got makes extra noises when you open the CD draw ... WOOT!

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
delushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 09:58 PM   #39 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 1749

360 elite plus one for the kids.
Wii for the kids (Zelda for me)
DSi XL plus DSi and Lite for the kids and PSP although i'm not really sure why, no one uses it.

We considered a PS3 but dont need a blu-ray.