The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Console Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/console-talk/)
-   -   Shelf of shame (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/console-talk/311737-shelf-shame.html)

Gash 1st August 2010 06:12 PM

Shelf of shame

Looking at my console games with a view to moving them to higher, safer, grounds. I came across some great titles, games I really love but... never finished (some not even close).

Worst entries on my 'shelf of shame' are Okami and Metroid Prime: Corruption (both on Wii).

Two games that if you asked me I'd say I love, but I'm probably only 3 to 5 hours into each, and haven't touched them for 6 months. I just found they were games that need a good hour minimum session to get into, and I generally game in 45 min spurts these days /sigh

So was wondering, what games on your guys' 'shelf of shame'?

PunkieBera31 2nd August 2010 05:36 AM

Dead Space, Eternal Sonata (both started but not even at the half-way mark)

Ebonytears 2nd August 2010 09:28 AM

I also have Metroid Prime: Corruption that I haven't finished. Which is wierd because it is a good game and I do enjoy it :w

FunkyJ 2nd August 2010 11:35 AM

I can't tell you which ones I haven't finished, because some of them I wrote reviews about...

However, when reviewing there comes a point where the review must be done, so you've got to stop playing the game and write. I always try and finish the game after though... unless it's rubbish ;)

Gash 2nd August 2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyJ (Post 2861854)
I can't tell you which ones I haven't finished, because some of them I wrote reviews about...

Hehe yo funny, J!

Would be interested to hear about how playing games critically for review purposes effects your enjoyment or otherwise of them. Would be off topic here, but if you ever feel like making a post about it, I'd read it.

Bawheidbob 3rd August 2010 04:30 AM

Mass Effect 1 & 2, Fable 2, FFXIII, Half Life Series.

Great games but when am i ever going to get the time.

Gash 3rd August 2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawheidbob (Post 2862681)
Mass Effect 1 & 2, Fable 2, FFXIII, Half Life Series.

Great games but when am i ever going to get the time.

:O Baw, I hearby give you a week off work to go play through ME1,2 and HL series - those are standouts not to be missed!!

Scratches 3rd August 2010 09:48 PM

Main entry on my Shelf'o'Shame(tm) is Dragon Age: Origins. I am attempting to remedy that at the moment, trying a Rogue with the Dwarf Noble origin.

I usually default to the mage class, so we'll see how we go. :)

Ebonytears 4th August 2010 11:46 AM

Dragon Age is on my pc shelf of shame...got half way through and Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out......

Zhul 5th August 2010 01:09 PM

While I have several unfinished or unplayed games the most shameful one is FFXII. I'm a big Final Fantasy fan and it still waits for me... unfinished. *sigh* So many games, so little time.