Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th October 2010, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4349

Goofy
Default So what's been happening?

G'day TOGers!

It has been a while ... What have you guys been up to?

I am happy to report that I am well on the come back trail health wise and I am looking forward to getting back (slowly) into some gaming.

So what have I missed? What is big news and what are people playing / planing on playing?

Old 14th October 2010, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 674

Sad

I actually Just bought a Playstation 3 80 gig for 240 $ and nhl 11 lots of fun and makes me realize how much I miss console gaming .
Granted I am playing Mortal Online But I have come to a undenying point that most likely when dc universe online comes out for ps3 I will be going back to console gaming for the forseeable future as I've never really enjoyed pc gaming compared to my prior days on previous consoles .

But nonetheless glad to have found TOG in the process
merwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

I have been eager for DCUO for a while now. I was disappointed to hear that it has been delayed till early next year ... but I guess that gives them some more time to polish it. Speaking of PS3 ... i have not turned mine on in ages. I wonder if it is still speaking to me?
Old 14th October 2010, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2151

Confused

Welcome back mate

I tried to turn my PS3 on the other day for the first time in about 2 months, but it wouldn't turn on!

Then I plugged it in properly and it worked

I got a new PC, I've always been a PC gamer so have hardly used the PS3, especially since this rig runs multiplats smoother and at much higher settings. So that's why I haven't been around this division much

When we see more solid PS3/console exclusives I'll be back. Unfortunately it seems like that will be quite a while.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1647

Angry

just waiting now for the release of black ops, not sure weather to go PS3 or 360, only intrested in the 3D single player mode, 58" tv, black ops in 3D, sitting 2.0mt from screen = take cover
Old 14th October 2010, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 870

Fine

Hmm Well playing a lot of WOW at the moment I haven't even hit Halo Reach that hard and I love that game, but S$%# it hard on Legendary.. I haven't touched MAG for 5-6 weeks too.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Goofy

Ahh the calm before the Christmas storm ... It is a magical time when the shinny new titles start to stir the console gaming passions. It starts with a twitch in the thumbs and works it's way to the pleasure centers of the brain and allows recall of happier times spent eagerly heading to gaming stores to pick up the latest pre-ordered "fix"

So what games are you guys eager to see released? Apart from Fable III, my "drugs of choice" seem to have release dates of early next year.
Old 15th October 2010, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2187

Fine

I'm bringing my PS3 to Afghanistan in my next rotation. I haven't played in about 4 months

How close are we to GT5?

George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
EVE Division Vice Captain
Ace - Post: 8848

Lurking

Hey PM! Good to hear you're on the mend I have been trying out EA Sports Active before the release of number 2 next month and must admit...I'm happy with it. It's keeping me coming back daily and I'm actually feeling like I'm achieving something

Have been seriously looking at the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Super Bundle. With Guitar, drums and mic...well I have 3 kids who would love this..and mum might play every now and then too. Think it might be an awesome christmas pressie

thank you Birko for the sig
Ebonytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9294

Breezy

+1 for a Christmas Present.

Maybe we could all join up for an adult jam session. Can you imagine the kids faces all the oldies jamming on the instruments and leaving them to watch. Would be a hoot.