Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th March 2011, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Relaxed

Sad to hear the ban, I am downloading the demo as I watch anime, I'll let you guys know if it is worth it or not.
Zeoinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th March 2011, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 773

Cheerful

Has anyone bought a copy from overseas ?
If so please do tell.
And whats the opinion of the game in general? Is it all that and a bag of potato chips ?

I want to buy a copy as a birthday gift for Chronic..(I can say that cause he doesn't ever visit the forums.)

* I have a sister in London might ask if she can send me a copy just scared she might use the money to buy shoes.

~ Robert A. Heinlein
E5Ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 02:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

Relaxed

Alright, finally played the demo.

Graphically, the game is great, Scorpian looks awesome, his new moves are pretty good too, and the game feels like playing the old MK games, with some great move additions.

Now not to rain on anyones parade, but, it also just isnt all that great compared to some other modern fighting games, like Dead or Alive, Soul Caliber, Marvel VS Capcom, the game play feels slow, old, and the animations don't flow together at all. At one point, I defeated someone with a uppercut, or some other move, that sends the enemy to the ground. He then proceeds to stand up, and then go rigid, and fall backwards. I know this may sound like nit picking, but come on, why did he have to get up, he already didn't have any health, it was over. Let the guy stay down. The over all (K)combat, just doesn't feel as exciting as the other games, feels very retro. Part of me enjoys the feeling of the retro gameplay, but I also feel that creating a new title, with new graphics, and new engine, and with the next gen systems, they are also ignoring all the blood sweet and tears people put into the current game market and are just re releasing OLD stuff with a shiny coat of paint in a failed attempt to hide its flaws of older years long since gone.
Old 28th March 2011, 08:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2181

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeoinx View Post
At one point, I defeated someone with a uppercut, or some other move, that sends the enemy to the ground. He then proceeds to stand up, and then go rigid, and fall backwards. I know this may sound like nit picking, but come on, why did he have to get up,
I hope you're trolling. You ever played a MK game before?

Never had high hopes for this though, MK was never that good and certainly hasn't improved over the years.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 09:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Relaxed

No seriously, Wasnt trolling, Thats what happened...I was totally like WTF...my friend was watching me play it too, I played MK II, MK I , and Ultimate MK III all on sega, or sega 32x
and yes, i know non of them were that great either, but you would have thought they would IMPROVE over the years.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Relaxed

Oh yea, for anyone interested......MK online is only for those who buy the game brand new...or pay retarded money grubbing companies more money.......

Rumor: Warner Bros. joining 'online pass' camp with Mortal Kombat | Joystiq

Also, MK Is getting ahead of themselves with the release of DLC of two characters already...most likely they are on the disk already, you have to pay to unlock them.

Mortal Kombat's first two downloadable fighters revealed | Joystiq

Neither of which are anything super special......