Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th March 2011, 03:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Relaxed

I heard about Demon Souls, but I wont get it now because the servers are being shut down. Or At least that was the last thing I read about it.
Zeoinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12th March 2011, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2085

Confused

The servers for the US & Euro versions were supposed to be shut down almost a year ago, but weren't. They said they'd support it until March 2011 so we'll see what happens next I guess. Plays fine offline too.

You can always get the Chinese or Korean versions anyway, they're both in full english just not as well translated as the western releases. There's no plans to take down the Asian servers. Originally no western release was planned so I bought it from Hong Kong for a ridiculous amount (like $120) but it was worth every cent. Amazing game.

That and the Uncharted games are definitely my favourite PS3 exclusive titles.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 11:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

Relaxed

Yea, one of my friends has Uncharted 2, might pick it up to play co-op with her
Old 16th March 2011, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeoinx View Post
I heard about Demon Souls, but I wont get it now because the servers are being shut down. Or At least that was the last thing I read about it.
Nope, that's just a rumor that keeps coming back up every six months or so. All three servers (Asia, America, Europe) are still active. When it does eventually happen, SCE, Atlus, and Namco Bandai will officially announce when they intend to shut down their respective servers.

Besides, even offline, it's a great game and worth playing solo. Whatever version you decide to get, I'll be glad to co-op with you, assuming that we're online at the same time. Currently, I'm UTC−05:00 (daylight saving).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
You can always get the Chinese or Korean versions anyway, they're both in full english just not as well translated as the western releases. There's no plans to take down the Asian servers. Originally no western release was planned so I bought it from Hong Kong for a ridiculous amount (like $120) but it was worth every cent. Amazing game.
I have all three versions, but I paid regular price for my Asian (Chinese) version. Maybe that's because I bought it in early 2009. However, I did pay extra for the limited editions of the Atlus and Namco Bandai versions, with all of the extras.
StefanieTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 02:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Relaxed

Was playing the Killzone 3 Single Player Demo, somehow those controls are hard to make my brain wrap around them. Hopefully I can gain some form of comfort with them, but so far this venture into the PS3 is hard work lol.

How I miss the easy of the 360 lol
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Average - Post: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeoinx View Post
Was playing the Killzone 3 Single Player Demo, somehow those controls are hard to make my brain wrap around them. Hopefully I can gain some form of comfort with them, but so far this venture into the PS3 is hard work lol.

How I miss the easy of the 360 lol

i play using the move sharpshooter gun
zetadeltar is offline   Reply With Quote