The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Console Talk (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/console-talk/)
-   -   PS3: Zeoinx arrives on to the PS3!!!! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/console-talk/350223-zeoinx-arrives-ps3.html)

Zeoinx 10th March 2011 02:19 PM

Zeoinx arrives on to the PS3!!!!

Hi guys, just picked up a ps3 with my tax return so im posting this from the in system browser,still need to make a gamer online account I think so I'll post when I figure it out, oh yea I still have my X-box 360 so I still will be down for playing on there as well.

Ok, now im on my PC, im doing some system update on the PS3, and just thought of some questions to ask, I know you can download custom backgrounds to your PS3 for your "dashboard" screen, so I was wondering how exactly I go about doing that. Do I need a USB Flash Drive or something, or can this connect directly to my PC like the 360, and if so, How do I set up that link. Any other helpful hints you would be willing to give would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.........

Cadder 10th March 2011 03:05 PM

I did make a pseudo-official TOG console consortium theme (because I was bored and wanted to know how to) - have a look at this post.

You can install a new theme downloaded on a PC by copying it to a USB stick if you want, I find that's the most convenient way. But if you're into browsing the 'net from your PS3, you can do that too. Just download the theme file (.p3t).

I know PureMongrel is using this theme on his super-mega-upsize-me-f*ck-off-huge home theatre PS3, and I have it as mine on my relatively-normal-size TVas well. I know a couple of the other TOG PS3ers downloaded it also.

Zeoinx 10th March 2011 06:45 PM

PSN GT : Zeoinx

Toss me some F Requests ppl, I dont wish to venture off into the scary world of playstation 3 without at least one friend!!! lol

Pure Mongrel 10th March 2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadder (Post 3073804)
super-mega-upsize-me-f*ck-off-huge home theatre

And now the room finally has a name.

I think I will get a sign of this made up (with kudos to Cadder) and hang it on the door. :D

Cadder 11th March 2011 12:08 AM

LOL! or "The SMUMFOHHT Room" for short ;)

Z: will add you next time I'm Online.

Spunkmeyer 11th March 2011 02:13 AM

Welcome to the Dark Side Z! I'll send you a friend invite as soon as I'm done with my BS homework.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadder (Post 3073804)
his super-mega-upsize-me-f*ck-off-huge home theatre

Quite a mouthful there Cadder, but it adequately describes it. :D

On a semi-related tangent, looking back at the theme thread, I'm not sure I've ever seen backgrounds 4 or 5 ever come up. Has anyone else had similar experiences with the TOG theme?

Zeoinx 11th March 2011 05:08 AM

*looks for a set of dark trooper armor, a Tie Defender, and a Red bladed lightsaber* hmmm somehow I think I am missing something..........

StefanieTN 11th March 2011 05:27 AM

I'm new to TOG, but I've had a PS3 since the console's launch. What games do you plan to get for your PS3?

Zeoinx 11th March 2011 10:35 AM

Right now I have both Little Big Planet Titles, and I will prob pick up Killzone series too, as it kinda interests me. Not sure what else I wanna get yet though.

Also, welcome to TOG

StefanieTN 12th March 2011 02:28 AM

I don't know your tastes, but I highly recommend Demon's Souls for anyone who has a PS3. It's a shame that it isn't available for both consoles, but its successor, Dark Souls, will be.