Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th April 2013, 02:30 PM   #71 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Fine

Hi all! Gamer over 30 here - New to the forums.

I'm on my Xbox as often as I can. Recently finished up Far Cry 3, and currently switching off between Forza Horizon and Black Ops 2.

Finding some gamers around my age to play BO2 with would certainly make the game more fun
Goldeneye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th July 2013, 07:48 AM   #72 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

I will Play my brother's xbox 360 sometimes. I do have an xbox account i don't use much. Currently playing the new Tomb Raider off and on. My brother does not have Xbox live Gold, so i mainly play offline on the console front. My brother is a collector of games, and had over 100 games easily. I can get an opinion if one needs one. . I told him if he ever wants to throw away the xbox 360 give it to me. He says that is his last gaming console.
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 02:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7154

Paranoid

My 360 has been dead now for 3 months.

About 6 months ago, it decided it wanted to stop all video output. Got it fixed. Three months later, it stops video output again. The repair shop says it is DOA.

I know it isn't exactly apples to apples, but I have 25+ year old consoles in my collection that still work perfectly. Heck, my PS3 still works perfectly and it has seen a heckuva lot more runtime than the 360.

I think I can say with certainty that the 360 is the worst console I've ever owned.

Check out my TOG Retro Gaming Blog!
psn: Crazy_Schizo xbl: LunaticSchizo
Schizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 02:30 AM   #74 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Fine

Other than a single red ring issue which was resolved in 5 days, I've never had a problem with my 360 in 6+ years of ownership. It's probably my favorite console after the SNES and Dreamcast. However, that'll change when I jump to the PS4 this fall. lol
Old 6th August 2013, 08:39 AM   #75 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

Default Garage Sale Find

Picked up an original working Xbox with 2 controllers, dvd kit and 10 games at garage sale the other day for $10.
Helbell79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 04:57 PM   #76 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 869

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizo View Post
My 360 has been dead now for 3 months.

About 6 months ago, it decided it wanted to stop all video output. Got it fixed. Three months later, it stops video output again. The repair shop says it is DOA.

I know it isn't exactly apples to apples, but I have 25+ year old consoles in my collection that still work perfectly. Heck, my PS3 still works perfectly and it has seen a heckuva lot more runtime than the 360.

I think I can say with certainty that the 360 is the worst console I've ever owned.
You must be just unlucky. I have had all three Xbox consoles from day 1; Xbox, 360 and 360 slim and I had one ROD on the 360.

I have a PS3 and that has been good to, except every now and then it wont recognize any game discs (Movies still work) but a bit of swearing and cursing it gets going again.

My brother in-law is a PS3 fan boy and he is on his 4th PS3? I have no idea what he does with it though.

I am sorry to say the Xbox controller is a lot better ergonomically than the PS3 one. I hate the position of the left thumb stick. It should be swapped with the D pad.

My opinion only.

Last edited by jonny2combz; 6th August 2013 at 05:01 PM.
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 05:04 PM   #77 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 869

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helbell79 View Post
Picked up an original working Xbox with 2 controllers, dvd kit and 10 games at garage sale the other day for $10.
I still have my original Xbox with 2 controllers the DVD controller and Microphone for the singing game.

A few years ago I got it modified so I could install games on a bigger HD. Now it sits a the beach house and I jump on and play it every now and then.

Good Times
jonny2combz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 01:45 AM   #78 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 40

Confused

Feel free to look me up online, I am Bonesteel 2207 on Xbox Live and unless any good free game comes before the xbox one gets released I dont plan on getting any new 360 games since they are non compatible with the xbox one, and I already have like 6 or 7 games for it on preorder.... I hope to find some TOGGERS to join up with, especially for games like Titanfall or Destiny, or maybe even COD Ghosts....
Bonesteel2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 04:50 AM   #79 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 40

Confused
Default not many posts here... :(

for PC I have COD Ghosts on preorder on Steam..

on my Xbox360 I have currently COD Black Ops 2, and another single player old shooter...

On Preorder with my XboxOne ( where all my money currently and for quite awhile is going ) are..
AC 4 BlackFlag
Titanfall
Destiny
Watchdogs
Thief 4
Ryse
Tom Clancy's "The Division"

I'm especially excited about Destiny - Official site of Destiny the Game and hope someone from TOG will be joining me there. If ANYONE actually still plays their xbox, feel free add my xbox live name - Bonesteel2207. I really hope someone out there from TOG will be joining me in some of these games!! I really think this new gen of consoles will ROCK!! Good luck and happy gaming or netflixing or whatever your doing...
Bonesteel2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 01:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 270

Cynical

I've had a dodgy HDMI connection on my 360 for a long time now making sound and video cut in and out constantly - but SD looks so bad i couldn't deal with using the other SD connection instead. Finally the entire console shit itself (3ROD) so i was forced to get a new (2nd-hand) slim model and have now got back on LIVE! and...i forgot how much i loved playing this thing back in the day! Have played and 'finished' more Xbox games in the past 2 months than i have any others this year (but i still love PC more...). Console games just work and i'm absolutely sick of stuff not working...

The best thing i remember about LIVE was the party games i used to play on GTA IV and Saints Row 2 - would love to be able to do that again if people are still online. Trying to convince my Bro-in-law that online (LIVE) is fun with decent people and have bought him red dead redemption (+ undead exp) hoping hell play too - but we need more people! The more the better. I still have dreams of GTA IV fun too, but V is just around the corner...

If anyone is still playing and interested my tag for steam, PS3 and LIVE is barfarina (possibly with a capital 'B'?). I'm in Australia though, so that may make life interesting...

I'm looking to get the Xbox One at some point in the future too but that is finance-dependant of course!

Detergent Powwaaarrr!! Cleaning up a map near you!

Last edited by barfarina; 12th August 2013 at 01:52 PM.
barfarina is offline   Reply With Quote