TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd May 2011, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 7873

Default Is this legit?

I recieved this as an email and want to know if this is legitimate.

It seems a bit sus as I dont have a Sony account (i cant ever recall having one anyway). Is this a sneaky fishing expedition or legit?

Customer Service Notification
We are pleased to confirm that our services are now back online and more secure. We deeply regret the inconvenience this cyber attack has caused.
We take this issue extremely seriously and want to assure you that the protection of the data you have entrusted to us is of the utmost priority. As a result, we require that you reset your Station Account password as an added security measure, and recommend that you do so immediately.

To show our gratitude for your patience and support, SOE is offering a Welcome Back program. As part of this program, you will receive 45 days of game time (30 days plus 1 day for each day of the outage), added to your Station Account. This game time applies to any game you have currently or previously activated on your Station Account.
For those customers currently on an active paying plan, this time will be added to the end of your current billing cycle. For all other customers, your time begins upon your first login to each of the relevant games.
Please note, customers must log in by 11:59 pm PST August 31, 2011 to claim the game time.
Should you require game software, visit www.soe.com/getthegame.
Additionally, many games are offering a variety of items and special events to welcome players back. Get the Welcome Back Program details.
SOE is committed to helping its customers protect their personal data and will provide a complimentary identity theft protection program. For Station Account holders in the United States, we have made arrangements with Debix, Inc., one of the industry's most reputable identity protection firms, to offer a 12-month complimentary enrollment in the AllClear ID PLUS identity theft protection program. For detailed program information, click here.
Complimentary enrollment begins upon registration for the program and you will have until June 28, 2011 to sign up for AllClear ID PLUS. You will need to sign up directly through Debix after claiming your access code from SOE. Please note, you will need to reset your Station Account password before you can enroll for this service. Get your access code and instructions, here.
Step 1 - Reset Your Station Account Password
Step 2 - Obtain AllClear ID PLUS access code
Step 3 - Sign up for AllClear ID PLUS at www.allclearid.com/sony

We continue in our commitment to deliver secure, stable and entertaining games for players of all ages, and again, we thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Sony Online Entertainment

THIS IS A CUSTOMER SERVICE NOTIFICATION.

SOE Privacy Policy | SOE Terms of Service

www.soe.com
Sony Online Entertainment LLC
8928 Terman Court - San Diego, CA 92121

Fighting Hell Fish |Division Captain (retired) Brink & BF 2142 | Sig by Ashlann | Enjoying Mount Gay Rum

Redgum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd May 2011, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1234

Lurking

I think it's legit. I got one very similar. My boys play Clone Wars Adventures and that is where we link to Sony.
Draadnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1135

It looks correct. I take it you have a PS3? Check in your account settings to see if it's the same email. As usual, don't click on anything in an email that you think may be sus.

jatcave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4298

Goofy

I have not seen this e-mail, nor did my son receive one. We just had to chane our passwords on the PSN. I would be wary and contact SONY first.
Old 22nd May 2011, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 7873

I dont have a PS3 - infact there are no sony devices in the house thats why I thought it was sus. I thought this was a more appropriate forum than the lab as it can be sony centric here at times.

We have clone wars (PC game ) through steam though :shrug:

cheers fellas

Fighting Hell Fish |Division Captain (retired) Brink & BF 2142 | Sig by Ashlann | Enjoying Mount Gay Rum

Redgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3195

Psychedelic

I havent received that email but it could be different in different parts of the world. Sounds dodgy considering you dont have a PS3, i would be very careful.
Xavien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4324

I got the email as well (having a PS3 and using PSN) but I know I never signed up for SOE's station account - so I'm not trusting it.
Old 23rd May 2011, 01:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Average - Post: 139

Tired

I have not received any such email as of now, and considering I have both a PS3 and a (albeit old and disused) SOE account, I'd be a bit suspicious of this one too. If I do get something along those lines, of course, I will update this post. As was said before though, it may be simply a difference in geographical locations/ delayed rollout type of situation.

Many thanks to Greybear, who completed in a few days what I could not in a year!
Spunkmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 07:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2299 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Goofy

What about playing ever playing and/or registering for Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest, Free Realms, Planetside, Vanguard, Pirates of the Burning Sea, DC Universe?

SOE supports those games.

More info here: SOE - Welcome Back Program
FunkyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 08:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 929

Hot

I'm calling it fake.

what the hell is
Quote:
Step 2 - Obtain AllClear ID PLUS access code
Step 3 - Sign up for AllClear ID PLUS at www.allclearid.com/sony
never seen or heard about that and I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with sony

Oh and all active PSN accounts get 1 month (30 days) free to the +PLUS account, and 2 free games. Nothing more

I never got that E-mail either ( I have PSN )

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Rica is offline   Reply With Quote