Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th May 2011, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2434 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Goofy
Default Foxtel now unmetered on Xbox360 for Bigpond Users

The launch of Foxtel on Xbox 360 was a mostly successful, but bogged down by the fact that no unmetered deal was available with any Australian Broadband providers. Now Microsoft and Foxtel have announced that the Foxtel service on Xbox 360 will be unmetered for Telstra BigPond users.

"This arrangement with Telstra is a big win for FOXTEL on Xbox 360 users,” claimed FOXTEL Patrick Delany, Executive Director of Product & Sales, “allowing unmetered access to thousands of hours of great programming – all without a FOXTEL fixed term contract. There are around 1.3 million Xbox consoles in Australia and getting unmetered access to FOXTEL on Xbox 360 is now as simple as plugging into BigPond internet to give subscription TV a go.”

In addition to unmetered access to Foxtel, Telstra BigPond users will also have access to six BigPond TV channels covering sport, racing and news.
“Hundreds of thousands of Australian homes now have access to BigPond TV channels which makes a compelling reason to get online through Telstra,” claimed J-B Rousselot, Telstra’s Executive Director of Media. “BigPond’s unmetered content is already a hit with T-Box, Samsung and LG customers, and we’re pleased to be bringing unmetering to customers connected to FOXTEL on Xbox 360.”

Foxtel On 360 Now Unmetered For Telstra BigPond Users | Kotaku Australia
FunkyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30th May 2011, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9445

Breezy

Don't you still have to sign up to a Foxtel Plan. So really where is the benefit at all.
Old 30th May 2011, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 1773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient_One View Post
Don't you still have to sign up to a Foxtel Plan. So really where is the benefit at all.
No you dont.
Its almost comparable to the price of the multi-room plans.
If your with Bigpond (unmetered) and you want something from the basic back, $20 p/m is cheap tv.

But like you said.. I already have Foxtel so the whole thing is no interest to me.
Cindax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
Team Fortress 2
Dangerous - Post: 938

Lurking

What I don't understand is if it is streamed to the 360 why do Foxtel still impose the "metro area only" limitation?
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 915

Austar own the rights to sell Foxtel. Foxtel can't go around undercutting them. Pure & simple. If anyone needs a metro address for their Foxtel on XBox they're welcome to use mine. (Or any other for that matter - they don't check.)

Also, it uses about 350mb/hr at medium.
It's nothing.

150gb Internode plan here, and I download my fair share of tv, and game patches and whatnot, and have Foxtel on Xbox and never get close to capped.

okkervil is offline   Reply With Quote