TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Console Talk

Console Talk Console Gamers - We're all thumbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th June 2011, 06:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Kiz
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2977

Devilish

beat me to it :P

this looks pretty awesome

Old 8th June 2011, 06:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Queen of the Abyss
Ace - Post: 7954

I really like the idea of the UI being on the controller and only having the action on the big screen.

There are alot of things about this that I really like but there are some things I don't (cord). It will be interesting to see just how it all works out.

thank you Birko for the sig
Ebonytears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 909

The concept is astonishingly clever.

okkervil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 03:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6543

Grumpy

I will get this no doubt because of Metroid, Mario, Zelda and co for me that is reason enough heck i bought a 360 for Lost and the Damned and Gay Tony (before they brought it to PS3, yes i feel foolish now).

I would liked to of been given more console information during the press conference though , hard to get excited over the controller of a console.
Old 9th June 2011, 03:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25461

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Thinq
Nintendo boss Reggie Fils-Aime has admitted that footage used during the Wii U's reveal reel at the Electronics Entertainment Expo yesterday actually came from rival consoles, casting a cloud over the company's well-received launch event.
BUSTED! WiiU promo footage was faked from other consoles. But the hands-on footage must've been authentic right?

Nintendo admits to video trickery at Wii U launch | thinq_

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 07:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2282 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Goofy

No hard drive = massive fail.

Hopefully that changes before release.
FunkyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1597

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyJ View Post
No hard drive = massive fail.
Where does it say that? I've read the opposite... although no tech specs have offically been released

So WiiU = Wii HD with massive controller

Zelda looks great! Not sure why they were re-using Wii Sports though, they should have changed the graphics as it really looks like you are just playing a Wii...

Which games have been confirmed for the WiiU?

So far the following:

Batman: Arkham City
Darksiders 2
Aliens game
Ghost Recon Online
Super Smash Bros
Metro Last Light
Ninja Gaiden 3
Assassins Creed game
Dirt game
Pikmin

Last edited by DangerMouse; 9th June 2011 at 09:46 AM.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 12:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7433

Yeehaw

I think it'll do surprisingly well. They've picked the perfect time to launch it, 360 and PS3 are going to keep milking their systems for another few years at least and Nintendo will be able to offer the same kind if not better eye candy while at the same time cherry picking all the top selling multi-touch tablet games to release on their system. It'll still work with wiimotes, and probably also come with a smaller more standard controller without a screen, but the screen does give them some optional extra uses and the ability to tap into the every growing pool of mobile/tablet developers.

That kind of control/input system also opens up a lot of "application" like functionality - the multi-touch screen would probably work well as a keyboard and/or trackpad allowing much easier adaptation of PC focused MMOs and strategy games where a much wider array of inputs or selection/focusing is needed.

Combine all that with Nintendo's own extensive collection of exclusive IP/titles/franchises and their deep pockets to push promotions/partnerships you've got a pretty darn attractive system.

Last edited by Drac; 9th June 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 01:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Queen of the Abyss
Ace - Post: 7954

I must admit when I saw the controller I actually started to think of the possibilities of tablet style applications. For example...wii U controller as an ereader.

There's a couple of games on that list Dangermouse that I would really like to try out on this system.

It is interesting that they have pushed the controller so much and not really the console itself. From what I have been reading people at E3 were really confused as to whether this was just a new controller for the original system or if there was a new console as well. I find myself really wanting more information on the console itself and what it has on board.

thank you Birko for the sig
Ebonytears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 01:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
Team Fortress 2
Dangerous - Post: 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
I think it'll do surprisingly well. They've picked the perfect time to launch it, 360 and PS3 are going to keep milking their systems for another few years at least and Nintendo will be able to offer the same kind if not better eye candy while at the same time cherry picking all the top selling multi-touch tablet games to release on their system. It'll still work with wiimotes, and probably also come with a smaller more standard controller without a screen, but the screen does give them some optional extra uses and the ability to tap into the every growing pool of mobile/tablet developers.

That kind of control/input system also opens up a lot of "application" like functionality - the multi-touch screen would probably work well as a keyboard and/or trackpad allowing much easier adaptation of PC focused MMOs and strategy games where a much wider array of inputs or selection/focusing is needed.

Combine all that with Nintendo's own extensive collection of exclusive IP/titles/franchises and their deep pockets to push promotions/partnerships you've got a pretty darn attractive system.
It has been confirmed multiple times now that it has a single-touch, SD screen. Still work for a lot of purposes but it won't be like current tablets or smartphones.