Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Contact TOG

Contact TOG Contact TOG for scrims, matches etc....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th October 2010, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 6

Default BC2 SQDM Ladder

Howdy guys.

Lylow , A.K.A Cheeky_M0nkey here from the good old days of BF2142. Hopefully some of you will remember me (I was very keen on titans and equally keen not getting shot by Omen's wretched tank, the old follically challenged scammer!)

Well myself and my clan have moved on to Bad Company 2, sticking with the Battlefield series. Unfortunately one of the main failings of BC2 that I can see, is the lack of a decent community.

For that to flourish I feel you need 2 things:
  • A working ingame VOIP for random gamers to meet and greet and have a chat ingame.
  • And a decent sized friends list so that you can come back later and find gamers that you got on well with.
Sadly BC2 never came through with the goods in that department and the community is behind the 8-ball so to speak.

A few of the clans that play Hardcore mode have gotten together and are trying to fix that. One of the things we have created is a Hardcore Squad Death Match Ladder, as there is such a lack of good hardcore tournaments available on BC2. Ive been lucky enough to become one of the two admins for the ladder.

The entire tournament is hosted on the web through the BC2 Community site - http://.badcompany2.com.au. All the information about the ladder can be viewed easily from there.

As the topic title above says - it's a SQDM ladder, played on hardcore mode, with matches being hosted on both the RK clan and the JKS clan game servers. It will all be officially organised, with streams running to punkbuster and an active admin tool auto kicking rule breakers. Games will be played without anti-tank rockets or vehicles as a true test of skill, not a race for best "noob in a bush with a gustav".

While conquest mode is traditional for ladders and scrims, I feel that SQDM mode is good for this particular game and the current player base, because you only need a squad of 4 guys on any one night, and members can switch out for one another when someone cant make it. We have 16 clans playing over 6 weeks to find an eventual winner.

This post from me though is a little different from others I have put out to other clans, in that the ladder has actually already commenced. We have only just begun our first round of 6 and unfortunately as is the nature of these things, we have had one clan pull out of the ladder and we are seeking a replacement.

I've known the boys at TOG since I began playing 2142 years ago and would be very happy if they would like to field a side. We have some well established and respected clans in the ladder already including 45th, AU and G3.

Before you commit either way I'll let you know the bad news in that matches are played for points and we dont want to penalise clans already competing. As such, if you joined the ladder for round 2 you would be to play a seeding match which at best would see TOG sitting in the bottom half of the ladder. However, as I mentioned, it is only week 1 and if you perform well, your clan could be easily in the top 4 by week 3 or 4.

Please let me know if you are interested in being a part of the ladder. And if you have any questions, dont hesitate to go on the forums at http://.badcompany2.com.au and have a look around or talk to either myself or the other ladder admin Bubba. You can always find either one of us on our respective forums or online.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your response,

Lylow - AUS BF BC2 Ladder Admin
lylow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th October 2010, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Quietly from behind
All Knowing - Post: 16134 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Sneaky

Hey lylow
The guys have seen this and are in the process of getting something organised.

The Omen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 11:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Gday old mate. And thanks. I replied to Bearski's PM.

Let me now when you can one way or the other. Love to have you all on board.

Just trying to organise things as fast as we can so that round 2 isn't disrupted by this unexpected incident of having a clan drop out on the other 15 groups already involved.

Thanks all.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well I know it didnt work out this time but I appreciate the attempt at late notice just the same.

Thanks anyway guys - I'll be sure to give you more notice when it comes to our second season. Maybe one of your squads, or even just a random collection of your members would like to give it a go.

Cheers,

Lylow
- AUS BFBC2 SQDM Ladder Admin
Old 10th October 2010, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Arma III Little Blue Man
Guru - Post: 12606 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lonely

Give us a heads up with as much notice as you can and we'll almost certainly be able to field at least one 4-man squad.
Old 28th October 2010, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Average - Post: 126

Daring

Hey guys,

I would be pretty interested in this kind of close scrim action, If I get in to ToG I would really like to join in.

Also on another note (I hope this isn't considered thread poaching) what servers do you play on Reapersmurf and the Omen?. I'm from Perth WA.

Cheers, bagmonkey
bagmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 07:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Arma III Little Blue Man
Guru - Post: 12606 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lonely

We play on the "The Older Gamers" servers almost exclusively. We have five servers catering to various game modes and map rotations.
Old 1st November 2010, 02:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hey guys.

Just a heads up and a reminder.

The first season of the SQDM Ladder is winding up. With only one round to go we will soon be looking to begin again with Season 2.

There is already talk of making the ladder bigger and better, stronger and faster - with more bikini girls to keep us all entertained, lol.

So just a reminder not to forget about the SQDM tournament. Its a unique mode, and when played as a clan scrim, 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 is profoundly different from a 16 vs 16 experience.

I will get back to you here on the forums when we are closer to having a launch date for S2, and I'll make sure you're one of the first to know when the next seasons ladder opens to the gaming public.

Cheers all.

Lylow -
AUS BFBC2 SQDM Ladder Admin
Old 24th December 2010, 08:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hey guys.

First off: Merry Christmas from myself and my *=JKS=* clan mates to all the TOG boys in BC2 land. I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Years break. Stay close to a well stocked bar, and if possible, stay close to a well stocked woman too. My advice: Drink all the beer in the ice chest quickly, then you can stuff the kids in there afterwards to muffle the racket.

Now on to business.

Season 2 of the SQDM Ladder is right around the corner. No date is set for the exact kick off yet, but as promised, you are the first to know about it.

As I said - the exact dates arent confirmed however I feel confidant that registrations for the SQDM Ladder will be officially opening up either on, or around, the 1st of January next year. The ladder will be open for registrations for 2 weeks or so, however all of last seasons available positions filled up within 48 hours of clan signs up commencing. So if you are keen to be a part, please keep an eye on the Australian Bad Company 2 Community forums.

Also there is almost certainly going to be a Hardcore Conquest ladder being created to run in tandem with the existing SQDM tournament. (To my knowledge, the only HC mode, CQ ladder in the country). This will most likely get under way in the next month or so. Again, all the info will be up on the AUS BFBC2 Community forums as soon as possible.

I hope I've given you all enough time to have a discussion amongst yourselves and see if you want to, or are able, to be involved before things all fill up. I really hope to see you there.

The ladder section of the Community forums can be found here:
Australian Battlefield Bad Company 2 Community: Forums / Ladders

Oh, and one other thought - regardless of ladder involvement - if an admin would like to sign the TOG clan up to the Aus Community Website they are more than welcome. We now have over 30 Australian based clans registered to the website, and more than 300 community members. Just a thought, but as I said, you are all more than welcome.

(Clan Listings and Profiles can be found here: Australian Battlefield Bad Company 2 Community Clan Listings)

Ok, Ive said my piece. Hope you all get what you want under the tree tomorrow morning. Im hoping for a set of ear plugs to shut out the racket from the rest of the household.
Wish me luck in getting what I want.

All the best,

Lylow -
AUS BFBC2 Ladder Admin | JKS Clan Founder
Old 29th December 2010, 08:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3524

Cynical

Hey Lylow.

Hope you had a great Xmas. We are keen to enter a team. I will make a team on your forums as suggested in the next couple of days.

Have a great New year's and we will talk soon

Feel free to PM me directly if you need to make plans.