Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Contact TOG

Contact TOG Contact TOG for scrims, matches etc....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th February 2011, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 1

Default Swearing policy.

Im not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this on the website, but im just hoping to get the attention of some or A TOG administrator or higher up. I'm not here to request a ban removal (which would be great) but thats not why im posting. I'd just like one of you to justify the swearing policy you enforce. im not sure if this is the same one implemented on all TOG servers on every game, as im only reffering to the Bad Company 2 servers. I personally and indeed all players who use these servers beleive your swearing policy is ridiculous, i had a couple of TOG members agree with me in saying that it extreme overkill. This has happened to me numerous times, something enrages me in the game and i accidently let slip a swear word, everyone does this im sure you can relate (i dont abuse the other player) but it just happens, or i saw a word i deem to be acceptable and not even too offensive, and the server bans me for 2 weeks. after saying a word ONCE. This travesty of a policy is akin to vevo's censorship of everything on youtube, the GAME ITSELF CONTAINS OFFENSIVE SWEARING!..... I've just come to ask why you cannot just censor offensive words and leave it at that, people stop swearing relatively quickly when they realize other people can't read their abuse anyway. on behalf of 95% of the people that use your servers, im just offering a suggestion that you perhaps downgrade your aggressiveness against swearing. (i'm also aware that some servers have a 3 strike policy i also believe a BAN after swearing is not appropriate, maybe a kick, but not a ban. Bans would be more appropriate for teamkillers and the like). If you changed this or i received a reply to talk about this, it would be greatly appreciated.

-Sincerely Ryan.

Old 15th February 2011, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1083 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Twisted

Fresh I will let the DC know about your post and they should get back to you soon.

Thanks chiack for the Sig. Never to change in memory of Carm.
Old 15th February 2011, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
And I don't have the excuse of Rabies
Ace - Post: 9828 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Fine

Sending PM.

Sig created by Juganort
Old 15th February 2011, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Guru - Post: 13195 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Maddog is now looking after this

Thread locked
Closed Thread