Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Contact TOG

Contact TOG Contact TOG for scrims, matches etc....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th February 2011, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Default BF2142 Patch 1.51

Greetings All, with the intention to apply patch 1.51 to the server soon, any chance of posting a link to somewhere hosting the patch.

I have tried applying 1.51 already , and every server that says its running p1.51 keeps saying my client is older than the server version, and won't play.

This way we can get and apply the same patch file as you are applying to the server.

Cheers

RickNZ
RickNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th February 2011, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 8017

The TOG server and most others will migrate to the new version over the next 24 hours or so. Horselancer is overseeing the update for the TOG 2142 server. This update will happen on the Thursday night (17th).

As you dont have member access to the TOG 2142 division I will copy this post by Carm which can help with the change over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carm View Post
I thought I'd get this started early so if people are having issues with the install of 1.51 they have a reference
Please state the operating system with any of your tips/problems

Firstly download locations (feel free to add more)

GA
FilePlay

IMPORTANT info for those that already have the patch installed

Ea link with advice
EA install order for fresh installs

Until the TOG server is running 1.51 patch please be aware that you may have to have 2 copies of the game to be able to play both the new patch and the old 1.50 patch.
From Krazed install tip until all servers are running the patch >>
Easiest way is this.
1)Go to your electronic arts folder in your c:\Program Files or c:\Program Files (x86)
2)Right click and copy your battlefield 2142 folder
3)paste it on to your desktop
4)Now install the 1.51 patch
5) once that's done installing add 1.51 to the folder name in your EA folder like this Battlefield 2142 1.51
6) Now cut and paste your other folder from your desktop back to your ea folder (there should now be 2 folders in your EA folder "Battlefield 2142" and "Battlefield 2142 1.51")
7) go to your desktop and rename the Battlefield shortcut to 1.50
Go in to the 1.51 folder and find the BF2142 .exe and right click then send to desktop (create shortcut)
9)Go back to your desktop and rename the new battlefield shortcut to 1.51
10) Now you can launch either version at any time
your ea folder should look something like this. (note I made a backup of my 2142 folder which is called bkp cause its got all my custom maps etc saved in there)

Division Captain (retired) Brink & BF 2142 | Sig by Ashlann | Brewing up a storm @MooCrkBrew

Redgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
In Memory
Ace - Post: 8622 TOG Legend

Relaxed

The older 1.51 patch needs a registry entry change due to an update they released recently
The newest downloads cover that update and make the patch easier to install, don't forget to update punkbuster

Thank you Chiack

Last edited by Carm; 18th February 2011 at 11:20 AM.
Carm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

The GA link above is a 2Gb download, and worked first time, the FilePlay link is to a 1.3Gb file, and I couln't get it to work at all, always got the older version message. Possibly due to the issue Carm mentioned above (registry fix)
Cheers
RickNZ
RickNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2011, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 409

Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNZ View Post
The GA link above is a 2Gb download, and worked first time, the FilePlay link is to a 1.3Gb file, and I couln't get it to work at all, always got the older version message. Possibly due to the issue Carm mentioned above (registry fix)
Cheers
RickNZ
The fileplay link is to the 2gb final when i click on it?
The 1.3gb file is the beta 2 patch. the 2 gb file is the final patch. No one should be downloading the 1.3gb file unless they want to waste their bandwidth
Old 20th February 2011, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
In Memory
Ace - Post: 8622 TOG Legend

Relaxed

I checked the file play link and it's 2 gig, all download places should have the new updated 2 gig patch for download
A lot of ppl that ran the beta patch are having issues due to the final fix in the patch not being in it, try the mentioned reg fix if running the beta or do a fresh install and don't forget to update pb manually if needed

Thank you Chiack

Carm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 12:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
And I don't have the excuse of Rabies
Ace - Post: 9873 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Fine

For Internode customers, you can download the 1.51 patch here:

Games On Net File Library :: Battlefield 2142: Client Patch 1.51 Public - Final - BF2142_Patch_1.51.exe

Sig created by Juganort
maddog2204 is offline   Reply With Quote