Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Contact TOG

Contact TOG Contact TOG for scrims, matches etc....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th March 2011, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 8

Goofy
Default New, would like to join GW Guild?

Hi friends,

Ugh, I hope posting this here is okay... I'm just after a quick answer since plan A isn't working as well as I hoped.

I'm short of 25 by a 1.5 years (I think), but would like to join the GW guild. I really like what I read over at the GW Guru forums, in the guild recruiting thread.

Words like 'active community' & 'Australia' sounded good, as I'm also from Australia and looking for an active, mature guild, but unfortunately don't meet the 25 year requirement.

Is there any leeway or go somewhere else/wait 1.5 years?

I checked in the barracks and most of the applications disclose age, some don't. Is that confirmed via PM, or long gaming history, showing/wanting maturity is good enough?

Cheers.
senkei is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th March 2011, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Division Vice Captain
The Elder Scrolls Online
Guru - Post: 11432

Senkei,

The only requirement we have for someone to join is the 25 year age limit. I wish there were a magic gadget that could show maturity because while there are those below that age who have it (and to me your post shows its quite likely you do) there are those above it who don't (and we eventually find out they either change or no longer enjoy the privilege of being a TOGger.

When people sign up they have to enter their birthdate in our profile pages and this is the key way we check if people are or are not old enough to apply. We have found in the past that those who lie here tend to get caught out down the track and the resultant perma-ban isn't a price that their willing to enjoy when it comes down. Because that is what happens for real and true if it is found out.

Now it might all sound like bad news at this point and I know that 18 months seems like an eternity to any gamer young or old so I could understand if you tried to get admission by using another account, what I would offer there though is that this isn't a wise idea for several reasons, the least of which is what I mentioned above as the penalty if it got found out.

I could suggest you marry someone over 25 and get them to join, because then you could use the spouse clause to become a member but honestly that isn't the best way to go either, as to have a partner in life is a decision that should not be made merely on entry to TOG though I would like to think on the whole we are good enough to warrant it.

I will however make your post known to the DC (division captain) in GW and while you might not be able to join our guilds in game you might be able to find yourself playing with them on a regular basis if it is indeed possible.

The current DC is a lovely person by the forum name of Pumpkin Lykos and I can assure you that they are one of the most caring people we have in TOG so if anyone can help in game with advice or otherwise it would be them.
Old 18th March 2011, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Goofy

Hi friend,

Thank you for your in-depth and kind response. I do respect that you hold fast to your core beliefs, and as such I have no intention of trying to bypass it.

I also admire the Vice DC of GW, and your level of maturity and kindness in dealing with this matter. My girlfriend whom I hope to marry is 3 months older than I, and has no interests in games, so it looks like I'll have to wait until I'm 25.

It will be okay, as even that season will come and go, and while it is not here yet and for a while still, there are other seasons to make the most of.

If life be kind enough, I'll be back to join!

Cheers
Old 18th March 2011, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Lethal - Post: 6442

Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by senkei View Post
If life be kind enough, I'll be back to join!
We'll look forward to it
Markan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Division Vice Captain
The Elder Scrolls Online
Guru - Post: 11432

We will indeed look forward to you joining us in the future, please do feel free to frequent the public areas of our forums, get to know people and contribute in any way you feel you can or wish to.

I can not agree with you more about about the vDC of GW and I do suggest you keep them on your friends list along with any other TOGgers you can hook up with.
Old 19th March 2011, 01:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Goofy

Thanks for the advice Snowbull, cheers to you both
Old 19th March 2011, 09:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Division Captain
Ace - Post: 7991

Chatty

Hi Senki,

Although you can't currently join TOG a guild in GW it doesn't mean that you can't play with us in game. Please add me to your friends list "Maya Lykos". I'm Australian as well so we should be in game at the same times and I can introduce you to some other people.

We have a really friendly division so I think you will enjoy gaming with us.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Pumpkin

Pumpkin Lykos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Goofy

Hi Pumpkin,

I've already added you by suggestion from Willow. Thanks for this, I do look forward to playing with you and the members of your division. Being busy by nature like most people here, hopefully we will catch each other online more often than not!

Cheers
Old 21st March 2011, 12:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6808

Quote:
spouse clause
Really? I never knew that!

Shame Senkei, but mb we'll catch you in a few years

Ganny4Lyf!
Buttersoft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 1

Default New, would like to join GW Guild?

Hi,

I'm new in here. i want to join.
owltopclip01 is offline   Reply With Quote