Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Contact TOG

Contact TOG Contact TOG for scrims, matches etc....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th April 2011, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Default Luv the BC2 server with FF but...

Hi guys.
First thing is I've been playing with TOG members for the last decade or so and luv the attitude of the members. Who knows some of you may know me as Running With Scissors from the CS or CSS days with OzG.
But today for the 2nd or 3rd time I have been kicked/ banned for uncap camping and I would like to say how this went down.
The next to last time I chased a tank back into his spawn area. He had was out then got damaged and went back in... approx 150m back to base. I went after him and killed him and his tank. Then I killed another 3 guys who were firing out from spawn. Then I got kicked for spawn camping?? Rejoined the game and thought hey.. ok someone is touchie.

And just now I went into the front area of a uncap to track down two snipers... one gun kill, one knife. I hide to re-ammon and heard one lite tank and one heavy leave the cap and begin firing. I waited until the heavy was past and C4 his ass. Back to hide and re-ammo. Then an assault dude began firing from the same position of the snipers so thank you very much I knifed him too, took his kit and took on another assault guy and got killed.
I respawned and began as normally... then bam kicked/bam.
Now as far as I understand the rules its ok to fire on those that fire from an uncap??
If I kill 4 guys within 50m of their uncap after they start firing then get kicked then that just seems a little.... hmmmmm shall we say.. silly.
I personally luv FF and the way you have your servers but plz can we look at not kicking just because its within 50mins of uncap and no-one looks behind them?!?
The only times I have been there is due to the course that gun play takes me. I don't respawn and think I have to get near the enemy uncap. I either chase down a contact that I have batttled with (tank) or heard firing (as with the snipers).
Anyway all the best and I hope to be able to join the server now that its been 10mins.

Cheers
Running With Scissors
(AKA Scissors on BC2)

Old 10th April 2011, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ace - Post: 9015

Lurking

Hello Scissors, i will make the DC's aware of your post.

I hope they will contact you shortly to address your issue.

cheers

squiz

looking after the peeps in TWAU
Old 10th April 2011, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Arma III Little Blue Man
Guru - Post: 12621 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lonely

We're looking into it.

We don't like having to make rules to enforce what we see as fair play. We also don't like to see people hiding just outside the spawn area so they can shoot opponents in the back as they leave - it's still spawncamping, even if they are technically no longer in the spawn.

Conquest mode has flags to contest - that is where the majority of the killing should take place.
Old 10th April 2011, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSmurf View Post
We're looking into it.

We don't like having to make rules to enforce what we see as fair play. We also don't like to see people hiding just outside the spawn area so they can shoot opponents in the back as they leave - it's still spawncamping, even if they are technically no longer in the spawn.

Conquest mode has flags to contest - that is where the majority of the killing should take place.
Totally understand waiting for ppl to fire at spawn, but as I mentioned my game play took me there due to ppl retreating to repair their tank or 2nd to snipe from. I was not about to run from my position until I was reloaded and ready. If I have to run away from the spawn area only to get one in the back seems a little weird.
I'm currentlly not able to get into the server due to this issue, (keep getting auto kicked, hope this is only for 24hrs).
I hate spawn campers as much as the next guy but when ppl use it as a safe haven to kill or try to kill others what am I suppose to do?
Old 10th April 2011, 11:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Arma III Little Blue Man
Guru - Post: 12621 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
I hate spawn campers as much as the next guy but when ppl use it as a safe haven to kill or try to kill others what am I suppose to do?
Play on the other side of the map where the noobs shooting from the spawn can't see you. Works for me.
Old 11th April 2011, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Ace - Post: 9015

Lurking

OK the DC's are now handling this via PM's.

cheers

squiz

looking after the peeps in TWAU
Closed Thread