Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Contact TOG

Contact TOG Contact TOG for scrims, matches etc....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th June 2011, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

Default Hmmmm some assistance with the rules!!

I found myself in your server tonight which I was enjoying because I myself am a mature gamer and myself sick of the idiots and abuse to players from randoms. However that play was short lived.

My boys were playing in the server with me and although I respect a clan and their rules and abide by those rules I don't agree with admins making rules up as they go.

Gun switching I have no idea about don't understand what it is so not worried about it. However the bunny hopping issue is another matter. There is clearly a difference to bunny hopping and just jumping. And your rules state "no bunny hopping", not "jumping". I myself cannot stand bunny hopping, give or any of the new exploits of the game as I am old skool. However I am not that old to know the difference between the two.

In my whole game play one of your members constantly had a warning appearing on screen about switching or hopping but he remained in the server. My boys on the other hand jumped and were kicked.

One that had been kicked on a few occassion's tried to make the statement to your admin "not rudely, not smart mouthed, not abusively" and was then banned. And told he was being a smart arse.

I asked the admin why my boys were being kicked for jumping (and were not even doing it constantly all over the map by the way) and I was told it was the rules. I tried to point out to this admin (again not rudely or smart mouthed) that it does not state in your rules not to jump and I was told you have to do as the admin says. I said I was happy to play in this server until I realised the rules are made up as you go...This apparently warranted a ban for me. Hmmmmm not what I call mature.

I think you have a good concept to your server in the rules quoted! However I think maybe the rules as you go need a look into.

If you keep logs of your server you may go back and view them and show me in anyway how I was rude, abusive or even a smart arse. As I did not use my mic the whole time and typed when I did ask something, so your records would show.

The funny thing is your admin said you wanted randoms to come play in your server, but not sure how that works if your clan members are the abusers and not the randoms.

Very disappointed.

Kind Regards,

:Bloodline: Apollogem
Clan Leader
Apollogem is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14th June 2011, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5239

Tired

So the right person can be notified, what game were you playing?
Jigoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2240

Relaxed

Hi Apollogem

This was in CSS.

Thanks for your feedback, I will PM you shortly.

cheers
DeeP
Old 14th June 2011, 07:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default R

Sorry I tried to reply in your message response but failed miserably so I have reposted here.

My apologises but I did not hear my clan member make a "its funny" remark...that is not to say I do not believe you, as myself I made a comment in my teamspeak to my boys why jump if you think they are going to kick you for it? In my eyes that is provoking. Hence one left the server.

My protest however (maybe I miss wrote it) was the banning of my member for trying to talk to your admin about the difference between jumping and bunny hopping. And my banning which I am still not sure why it was given.

Your admin clearly replied to my member “you just do as the admin says“, to which I replied “so you make the rules as you go then”? He then tried to change his comment and when I tried to discuss as per logs you would clearly show I was then banned. This in the public eye shows you may not discuss anything because if the admin does not like it or does not know how to handle the question they just ban.

I was not rude, I was not bunny hopping, I was not abusive, I was not being a smart arse, I wasn’t even given a warning for anything personally yet I was banned.

Your rules on your server are clear, no bunny hopping, it does not mention jumping. This should not be a ban able offense if your admins do not understand the difference. Jumping is not an exploit of the game it does not make you move further, and it does not help your game play. And I noticed you did not reply to the comment of one of your own members constantly getting the same warning through the 3 maps yet not kicked or stopped. This again comes across to the public as do as I say not as I do.

Anyhow this really doesn’t matter because it is your clans server and if we don’t like it then yes we will play in other ones. It’s just a pity because the vibe you personally gave me when we first come in was that maybe we could come and play with you guys more often, possibly in a scrim even. That is now not the case.

Thank you for your response Deep, not quite the answer I was looking for but at least a response.

Kind Regards,

Clan Leader
Old 14th June 2011, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Relaxed

Hi Apollogem

No problem, thanks for trying to reply .

Firstly I believe you have misunderstood what the message in the middle of the screen ... it is placed there by admins ....

when it says "ADMIN: TOG | DeeP please do not bunny hop"

it is not directed at TOG | DeeP

but simply has been put up there by the admin TOG | DeeP

Therefore no TOG member was being told off ... just a series of admins sending your clan the messages to stop bunny hopping.

The 'jumping' as you put it was not considered by our admins as just jumping but indeed bunny hopping. If the Admins see it as bunny hopping then they have the right to warn/kick/ban, therefore that is not making up rules as we go but indeed simply enforcing them

In relation to this comment.... "I was not rude, I was not bunny hopping, I was not abusive, I was not being a smart arse, I wasn’t even given a warning for anything personally yet I was banned."

In the MOTD you will find this....

Exploits such as pistol rolling and bunny-hopping will not be tolerated you will be warned and possibly banned..

Note to Visiting Clans:
Constant infractions of our rules may result in the whole clan being banned.

We ask everyone who enters the server to agreed to the following, not agreeing will not allow you to enter the server ...

The TOG server is funded by TOG members. Please respect them, and other users. If the server is full, you may be required to make room for a TOG member. Respect Admin's requests. Not doing so will get you warned/kicked/banned. We make the rules, please abide by them, they are non negotiable. Be Nice, Have Fun!

I hope this explains what actually happened.

At no point were the admins out of line in the rules they were enforcing.

We are a family friendly and happy server, I invite you and your clan to come back without the misconception and enjoy playing CSS

Your clan is welcome anytime as long as they abide by the rules set, the ban was only 30 mins and was never permanent as explained in my PM.

cheers
DeeP

Old 14th June 2011, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dear Deep,

Again thank you for the explanation, no I did not know or read that the whole clan is punishable by the result of one. Now noted.

I have informed my boys they are welcome back into your server. I will leave it to there discretion to do so.

I have also informed them if they want to play in another clans server and do not like the rules then play else where.

I on the other hand will not return (even though I am struggling to find a decent one) on the principle of being banned for doing nothing wrong. "Shame face if you like to put it"....to me its not a good rep for myself being banned or my members.

Thank you again for your assistance and replies.

Kind Regards,

Clan Leader
Old 15th June 2011, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Relaxed

No Worries Apollogem

The offer to come join us again is genuine your welcome anytime .

We really do appreciate the feedback.

cheers
DeeP
Old 15th June 2011, 02:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired DC
Ace - Post: 9792 TOG Platinum Level Supporter TOG Legend

Amazed

Jeez Apollogem, Deep didn't go to all that trouble responding so you wouldn't come back. Get ya arse back in our server ASAP. OK?
Old 15th June 2011, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6868

you can bunnyhop in CSS? Why wasn't I told! I love bunnyhopping, on the old QW model at least.

Ganny4Lyf!
Buttersoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Relaxed

lol yes some do love it .. but you cant please everyone and it comes round for discussion occassionally with same result usually, so on this one majority ruled and B hopping was out ... we do however allow bunny rolling and pistol hopping