Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Contact TOG

Contact TOG Contact TOG for scrims, matches etc....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd September 2012, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Average - Post: 231

Breezy
Default Possibly looking to join

Hi all,

I just purchased GW2 and have been enjoying running around for the past few days exploring ect..., and am looking for a friendly mature guild/clan to join for some gaming fun and people who can help out with some of the aspects of the game.

I have been mostly a FPS BF2/BF3 player and this is my very first MMORPG, so am finding it all new and a little complicated to figure out in places

You name came up as a quality guild/clan who cater for the older gamers

I am also happy to play on your BF3 servers, but mainly GW2 for now.

As i am from the UK, would i find clan members playing in my time zone easy or are you mainly a US community.

Thank you, hope you can understand all that, takes a while for my brain to translate to the fingers these days

Old 2nd September 2012, 06:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Lethal - Post: 6442

Cynical

Actually we are "mainly" Australian; but we have significant numbers of members in North America and Europe.

In terms of GW2 we have just over 1000 players right now split roughly:

500 Australia
350 NA
150 EU

While the EU group is the smallest it's still a pretty large group

Oh and I'm in the UK as well.
Old 2nd September 2012, 08:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Average - Post: 231

Breezy

Thanks for the reply Markan, i should have looked more carefully before saying US guild (apologies).

The EU side does look fairly big, most guilds seem to have maybe 40-150 max, one thing that confuses me (call me stupid if you like), but when a guild says playing on this server or another, how do i get on to said server and join up with my team mates.

You see what you would have to work with if i joined you

I think maybe i will put an application in and see how it goes, im getting lonely on the plains of ashford
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
Lethal - Post: 6442

Cynical

We get all sorts from hardened gaming vets to pensioners trying games for the first time; nothing surprises us.

There are plenty of guild details in the private bits of the forum but it boils down to s having most of our player on Yaks Bend or Desolation. Yaks is all of the Australians and NA folk plus about 50% of the EU folk that wanted to play with the horde and the other 50% of the EU players are on Desolation as they wanted to play on an EU server (YB is one of the NA servers).

To transfer to either of those all you need to do is select a new home server from the character select screen. Transfers are still free at te moment I think. You might hav to keep an eye for a quiet moment though as both are busy servers.
Closed Thread