The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Contact TOG (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/contact-tog/)
-   -   TOG Ban-happy mod in CSGO's TOG server (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/contact-tog/514696-ban-happy-mod-csgos-tog-server.html)

Topherr 10th October 2013 07:06 PM

Ban-happy mod in CSGO's TOG server

Some of you may know the 'Total wipe out' TV show, if not it's a series of obstacle courses where contestants race against each-other to complete an obstacle the fastest, within these obstacle courses there are (semi famous) dreaded 'Big red balls' < --Link I have a picture of the Big red balls as my profile in steam.

I have been playing the CSGO TOG server for a while loving the games much more than any other server, I had the name "My small red balls" for a long time in the server, today I was kicked with a message to change my name, I complied and changed my name to "Big red balls" as that is what they call them in the G rated TV show Wipe out zone as described earlier, as soon as I rejoined the server I was then banned from playing on the server .. I don't know which mod it was they did not even try to ask me to change my name, I can kinda understand kicking me with the message to change my name (would have been better to just ask) but a ban was excessive.

Let me know if you agree/disagree, I hope the mod who banned me can give some input, I'm quite irritated at his/her lack of effort/helpfulness and it's my personal opinion that he/she shouldn't be given mod privileges if he/she abuses them like I believe he/she did.

Thanks Topher

AlphaGamma 10th October 2013 07:46 PM

I will refer this to the relevant Division Captain

bundy.r.bear 10th October 2013 09:02 PM

Currently looking into it

CAMMO 10th October 2013 10:00 PM

Hey Topherr since you are a TOG "full" member can I suggest you go to this link. CS:GO and talk to the guys there. GL Cammo.

Topherr 10th October 2013 11:55 PM

Thanks Alpha/Bundy for the speedy action, appreciate it.

Thanks CAMMO will keep that in mind for next time when I have something brighter to post, I don't think there is much use re-posting the thread as I believe the relevant people have seen it now. :)

banga 12th October 2013 02:22 AM

maybe don't act like a 12 year old playing silly buggers with names would help too

Topherr 12th October 2013 08:28 AM

Yes, that may have helped, but like your name 'Banga', I thought a name with sexual connotations was amusing. Once I was kicked I wanted to get back in ASAP (as I was mid conversation with another TOG member about NZ) so changed it to Big red balls, a name I thought safe.

banga 12th October 2013 01:31 PM

heh my name was in ref to my old shootin days , no harm done I guess in your case :)

superbooger 14th October 2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banga (Post 3922928)
maybe don't act like a 12 year old playing silly buggers with names would help too

must be hundreds of 12 year olds in tog then I guess
banga could be taken as childish too

simontoad 14th October 2013 02:19 PM

speaking as a person with 33 years experience of being 14, you 12 year olds really need to grow up

Surely a banga is a sausage ... oops