TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 2nd June 2012, 02:01 AM   #91 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 746 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Dear Diary,

Had a good game today. Met up with a group of about 6 just north of Windy Mountain and joined by another survivor shortly afterward. 8 of us scouting around, hitting barns and lakes and avoiding towns. We had just finished refilling water bottles when the server went down for a BattleEye update. We all logged back in and saw that a nice, fat cow had just spawned near the barn we had just raided. Several of our group were low on blood and a couple of juicy steaks would go a long way toward getting them healthy. We ended up using a couple of smoke nades to distract the Zed's and killed the cow. Thanks to a glitch, we harvested 16 steaks from it.

Not long after that, we had just finished cooking and eating the steaks when we saw a sheep and a cow had spawned in the very same field. We were making our way down to get them when one of our guys stumbled across a bunny. A heartbeat after that, I got a bunny too. We ended up having ourselves a mixed grill of bunny, lamb and beef. Everyone in our group had bloods over 10k thanks to the feed and I believe there may have been a couple of steaks left over.

We continued travelling and only a few minutes later we stumbled across a tent, loaded with blood bags, ammo and all sorts of other goodies. Some poor sod will be spewing when he returns to his campsite later on. I logged off soon after, going out on a high.

I have been using the same character for about 4-5 days now and have been struck by a sobering thought...all good things must come to an end

Last edited by Mr. Brewski; 2nd June 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Mr. Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd June 2012, 05:02 AM   #92 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 985

Shocked

Dear Diary,

Day 8

Spawned in at the North East Airport in the tower after a DC earlier in the day.

Immediately heard a shot and decided to look out the tower windows, saw 2 survivors run into the hanger.

I snuck up towards the hanger and laid a trap. Aimed down the sights of my AKS-74U, they rounded the corner straight towards me. An OH S*&T moment followed for them followed by 2 full auto bursts into their chest. I got the first guy and he dropped like a sack of potatoes and the second ducked back into the hanger. I patiently waited for 10 or so seconds and he came out to try and sneak a shot. Another 10 round burst put them both down but not dead. I walked up to them and shot them both in the head twice, DONT FORGET THE DOUBLE TAP!!!

Ran to safety with mixed feelings, the first being joy and the second being recoil. Unfortunately the bodies as I was searching them, stupid game.

If we got a problem, we can solve it, we just lock the thread, whilst we refuse to solve it.
Penthrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 05:49 AM   #93 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

Dear Diary. Shortly after we got the tent, we got smashed No idea who (hardcore server) no idea where from. I had a cz500 and no target. Long story short, five toggers took the Valhalla shortcut back to the coast. Added the name of the suspected culprit to the KOS list anyway. If it's not him, he picked the wrong time to talk about TOG on global channels.

The seas were angry that day, my friends. Five toggers now have automatic weapons, a bone to pick and we're around cherno somewhere, looking for people to kill. Screw the zombies.

Last edited by Noises; 2nd June 2012 at 06:10 AM.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:05 AM   #94 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1219

Tired

Dear diary,

Got pounded. Hard. See 'tips' thread for details.

Respawned near Elektro, headed inland, followed powerlines towards Cherno. Heard shots on approach, and those shots were being spoken about on TS from my buddies that had been causing chaos nearby. Stumbled across barn, sat on the north side of it and heard some more shots from the south side. Watched zeds race towards the barn for their dinner, but the survivor that had taken up residence had, well, survived.

Until he caught a .303 round in the throat, courtesy of the Lee Enfield I found in the previous barn I'd checked. The dude went down, but I didn't know if he'd been put down permanently or not, so I popped a few Mak rounds in him up close. This upset some of the local zeds (who look not unlike some of the dudes I used to see late on a Saturday night outside pubs in Launceston), so I ran in to the barn, up the stairs and started popping them as they came in. Within a few seconds, Noises, Speedy andSpiritwalker came to the rescue, and after a bit of corpse looting, we took off for the big smoke.

Found an 870, so the .303 was laid aside, in favour of the more practical barn-clearing shotty.

Legged it out of town, and then logged. Learning has occurred tonight.
Biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 02:33 PM   #95 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

Dear Diary. Couldn't decide between Day Z version 1.6, 1.6 beta, 1.7, 1.7 beta or the new version of 1.6 and 1.7 betas they must have rolled out last night to celebrate a bank holdiday in outer Mongolia or something. Eventually did find a server that matched the version I was running that wasn't on veteran (screw not knowing who people are,) and it was night. Can't wait til the %@#$*%! game goes out of alpha and beta stage and there's just one !@^%$#*@ version that works which every server runs. This patching backwards and forwards, applying and reverting from one version to another bollocks is naff.

Last edited by Noises; 2nd June 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 04:03 PM   #96 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1732 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Asleep

Dear diary, finally made it in game this morning. Spawned somewhere south of Solnichniy. Saw my first zombies near that little town south of Solnichniy and had a little explore of the periphery of village. Needless to say, managed to grab agro from zombies, killed 11 of the shits before all was quiet with me having just 1 remaining round! Had to bandage myself. Managed to find 1 more clip for the pistol in town, a hunting knife and a couple of bolts. Had to log off when little one awoke and demanded attention.

Question, I have seen in vids that some people have options to bandage etc on the left hand side of screen and they scroll through options. How do you get this up? I had to go in inventory and righ click to bandage.

thanks!

Last edited by Tulgar; 2nd June 2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Tulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 05:35 PM   #97 (permalink)
And I don't have the excuse of Rabies
Ace - Post: 9700 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulgar View Post
Dear diary, finally made it in game this morning. Spawned somewhere south of Solnichniy. Saw my first zombies near that little town south of Solnichniy and had a little explore of the periphery of village. Needless to say, managed to grab agro from zombies, killed 11 of the shits before all was quiet with me having just 1 remaining round! Had to bandage myself. Managed to find 1 more clip for the pistol in town, a hunting knife and a couple of bolts. Had to log off when little one awoke and demanded attention.

Question, I have seen in vids that some people have options to bandage etc on the left hand side of screen and they scroll through options. How do you get this up? I had to go in inventory and righ click to bandage.

thanks!
The scroll option is no longer available. They patched it out

Sig created by Juganort
maddog2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:07 PM   #98 (permalink)
Division Captain
Arma
Elite - Post: 4784 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Dear Diary,
Found a Gilli suit in Dubrovka, but am now in Khelm with 1300 odd of blood left. No food. I am in a lootable house. I keep passing out so mobility is a real issue.

Any chance I could get some help? North East of map, just south of Kraznostav Airport.

Per ardua ad astrospud
astrospud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:12 PM   #99 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1353

Breezy

Dear Diary. first time in game and its bloody pitch black everywhere. Spent the first 45 minutes running one way then the next. Came across three zombies, killed two before the third cleaned me up. Next spawn followed the coastline east and came to the small town. Found a few items not much, and then met my second batch of zombies and a dude who seemed to be running with them? DO I take it you can have friends who are zombies..what a laugh. Anyway, once more into the night I go...I'm quite liking this game, especially now I've turned that damn stupid music off.
Gluggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:45 PM   #100 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4541

Fine

Lol yes you can have zombie pals indeed. They are just like trusty hounds that will follow you to the end of the earth. Very good for hunting humans, the trick is attract said horde toward another unsuspecting survivor and get them pounding on his surprised head. With any luck that's the end of your friendship with those zomboids