Old 2nd June 2012, 09:08 PM   #101 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 2068

Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noises View Post
Dear Diary. Couldn't decide between Day Z version 1.6, 1.6 beta, 1.7, 1.7 beta or the new version of 1.6 and 1.7 betas they must have rolled out last night to celebrate a bank holdiday in outer Mongolia or something. Eventually did find a server that matched the version I was running that wasn't on veteran (screw not knowing who people are,) and it was night. Can't wait til the %@#$*%! game goes out of alpha and beta stage and there's just one !@^%$#*@ version that works which every server runs. This patching backwards and forwards, applying and reverting from one version to another bollocks is naff.
Dear Diary.

I completely agree with Noises.

Most Toggers are running 1.7

I run 1.6 and decided to try my hand at updating the steam version of CO to the latest beta patch. It didn't work, and after validating my game files i'm now in the process of downloading 4gig of new files.

I hate you Steam, DayZ and everything else atm.
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd June 2012, 10:44 PM   #102 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4575

Fine

I'm in the exact same boat... game is now unplayable and have spent a few hours over the last few dayz each night trying to resolve and now I'm trying to remember what I did with my life before Dayz
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:01 PM   #103 (permalink)
Division Captain
MechWarrior Online
Elite - Post: 2877

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghoidal View Post
I'm in the exact same boat... game is now unplayable and have spent a few hours over the last few dayz each night trying to resolve and now I'm trying to remember what I did with my life before Dayz
Try this?
http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ml#post3543283
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:28 PM   #104 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 6104

Lurking

My son and I finally got into a server only to find heaps of glitches ( v1 .7),he was in a small building screaming for help as there were 3 Zs trying to kill him,I open the door to see no Zs and him shooting at nothing.I'm thinking WTF standing next to him,next thing the 3Zs are on my screen as well.
We were then killed?
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:44 AM   #105 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 2068

Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru1zer View Post
Thats what i did. Finally got it too work.

Jumped in a server only to find i'd been transported right to the western border of the map
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:29 AM   #106 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4575

Fine

Pretty sure that has happened to me too after i did finally get into a game.... Luckily have a compass and know which way is south
Old 3rd June 2012, 05:09 AM   #107 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

Dear Diary. After several abortive attempts to mind our own business and not cause problems for other people, which invariably ended up with us getting ambushed and teleported back to the beach with mak and beans, a few of us decided to stop being so seriously nice and do some ambushing ourselves. For the lols, of course.

With an overwatch on the hospital building, we took turns raiding some military buildings over and over, killing anyone who came near them or us. I don't know how many AK-74's, M4's and M24's (D: awesome sniper rifle is awesome,) we pulled out of there, but it was more than we could carry when we left. We raided by day. We switched servers and raided by night. (now that was fun!) We killed, we died, we spawned and came back to kill again. The ingenious part? We had a second building near the military buildings we were looting, also in sight of our overwatch, where we'd drop the loot. So even if we died, we didn't lose much, and the loot kept stacking up. After a night of joyous glorious killing and dieing, we had enough bloodbags to feed a vampire hoard, auto weapons, brutally unfair sniper rifles, ammo, various smoke and frag grenades and epi pens and antibiotics than we could carry.

The best thing? It's right there, any time we want to do it. You die and spawn in the wrong spot, respawn out, spawn again, rinse repeat until you're a five minute run or less from the action. This game is so much more frenetic and first person shootery when YOU pick the engagements.

Oh, and sorry for snarky Noises, Veilo. I had a death sperg about you not firing the dinner bell and it was in poor form, I'm sorry. I was just frustrated because you called out the guy who eventually killed me a couple of times after spotting him through the scope. Your call not to fire, my bad for whining. I should have just said "I'll take overwatch, I don't mind firing." Anyway, it was still more fun than stalking north for two hours only to get shot by some dude you didn't even see.

I humbly submit those of us who die too often should make ourselves useful zerging that loot spawn. Maybe we shouldn't raid the northern markets where the bandits are. Maybe you don't have to play this game as hillman living on rabbits and pond water, counting your survival days. Maybe you can deathmatch to your heart's content and respawn until you're in position to play some more deathmatch down on the coast. Maybe we should just dominate on the coast and ferry supplies to the hillmen in the North.

Last edited by Noises; 3rd June 2012 at 08:10 AM.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 05:43 AM   #108 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
We were then killed?
That almost never happens
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 09:01 AM   #109 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1665

Fine

Dear Diary,

Patching sucks!
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:22 PM   #110 (permalink)
Official Battlefield Welcomer
Deadly - Post: 1911 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Asleep

Dear diary, I managed to work out where I was this morning. I was hungry and the last warm pepsi wasn't filling the hole in my gut. I had 1 round in my trusty little pistol and no food when I decided to scout north from Balota. I found myself at the edge of the airport, all seemed clear as I transgressed from the southern side.

The rusty ladder held my weight as I climed the tower, and success! I found an AK with 1 magazine. The first AR I had seen, let alone found. Unfortunately, there was no food, just another blasted softdrink can and rounds for a 12 gauge.

I left through the airport through a gap in the fence and moved north. I came across an unmarked village not far away. Still worried about food, and somewhat enboldened by the AK, I scouted around. I could see a large shed towards the back of the village. Sneaking through town, paranoid at every sound I turned a corner to see a crawling nightmare about 10 metres away. It decided that I looked like a tasty meal. Luckily, I could take it down with a single pistol shot to the head. I cringed though, waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Silence. Thank god.

I entered the shed slowly, hoping to find some food, it was completly empty except for some tin cans. Cursing my luck, food became more and more an important driver. I should have paid more attention as I left that little village, as I had managed to alert 2 walkers on the northern side. I could smell their horrid breath as I talk these 2 down with the AK, and then about 6 more. My last round out of the AK brought silence again.

I legged it north and then veered into the mountains, hoping to come across a hunting stand. I saw noting for some time until I happened upon a dirt road. I crossed gingerly and followed its length for a few miles. I came across one little village, it was so riddled with cursed ones, I moved on.

Crossing one field, I came across an abandoned tent, waiting for a gunshot I risked it and managed to restock on pistol ammunition.

Success finally came as I happened upon a hunting platform southwest of Kozlovka. 2 zombies that looked like police officers patrolled around. I managed to sneak past them and climb the tower and saw the shining metal of a semi-auto shotgun. I dropped the AK, rearmed, and scouted the field to the north moving in on the barn west of the town. A single head shot talk down another crawler before I headed in. Slowly searching I found plenty of tin cans and some more ammo for the shotty. Not wanting to press my luck, I fled west towards Drozhino, staying high in the fields to the north. I scouted around the town, moved through the fields bearing sourth and came again on the barn from the west. Another crawler was dispatched with shot to the head and I snuck into the barn. On the very first floor I found tinned beans and pasta! I quickly ate one bit of food and contemplated fleeing west again, now that my belly was full.

Greed took the best of me as I climbed the stairs. I had my shotgun out ready. As I reached the top of the stairs, another walked groaned and shambled into the barn. I should have gone prone and waited, I should have switched back to the pistol. I didn't.

My first shotgun blast missed, the zombie came at me up the stairs, as it took a shot to the head my heart shrunk. The living dead swarmed the barn and amassed at the bottom of the stairs, I shot and shot, went through about 16 rounds when they finally reached me. They were still streaming through the door when I finally succumbed. A glorious end to my first story in Chenaraus.
Tulgar is offline   Reply With Quote