TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 7th June 2012, 02:48 PM   #121 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1346

Breezy

Just 2 things Noises that deeply worry me...

1. Tell me your PC clock is out of whack, or you're a shift worker with insomnia and you are not playing the game at 3.18am and 4.04am in the morning

2. You maybe spending too much time in this alternate reality when you refer to the supermarket as "ours"...double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noises View Post
Like that guy who wanted to hit up our market in Zelenogorsk.
No, only joking mate, keep the stories coming, they make great reading. And I hope to be able to run with you early one morning to see how its all really done in this game. Cheers Gluggy
Gluggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th June 2012, 08:20 PM   #122 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluggy View Post
Just 2 things Noises that deeply worry me...

1. Tell me your PC clock is out of whack, or you're a shift worker with insomnia and you are not playing the game at 3.18am and 4.04am in the morning
Wasn't playing then, I was writing. It's not my PC clock that's off, it's my body clock. 22 years in the hospitality and entertainment industry will do that to a guy. As for the insomnia, guilty as charged.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 01:51 PM   #123 (permalink)

Chatty

Again last night, last man in the game. When everyone else logged off, I found a quiet server and started farming. After two hours of clearing the loot, backing off, waiting for a repop, clearing the loot, waiting for a repop, rinse repeat, I had an alicepack pull of AK30rnd mags. I figured it would be a nice way to start the evening, a huge pack chock full of the most sought after ammo.

Feeling rather proud of myself, I set out from the station, crawling out through town and cutting down to the coast. I heard the first shot miss to my right. I rolled left. I never finished that roll. I also no longer have the fat alicepack full of AK mags.

God I hate this game.
Old 8th June 2012, 04:40 PM   #124 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1218

Tired

The game giveth, and the game taketh away.

Did you have any luck with filling the jerry cans the other night?
Biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 03:20 AM   #125 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1218

Tired

The Battle of Black Lake

Picture it: You're on a US server, with the standard 250 ping, you've been dicking around in the very far north of the map alone, planning to meet up for a quick bit of smash and grab on a tent city to the east of Black Lake.

The guys you're meeting up are moving as a group of about eight, from the south west of the lake. You're not entire sure where this camp is. You know roughly where, but all of a sudden, out of the corner of your left eye, you spot something out of place.

I stumbled upon the group of tents by mistake. Suddenly a green-clad figure runs from front to left, attempting to flank. "Oh snap", I say to myself. This is bad. I do not like surprise. I bolt to the west, with the voices of the group letting me know that they're in that direction.

I circle the lake, meeting up with Veilo on the south side. He's like a ghillie clad ninja, moving carefully towards the camp. I flank a bit more to the east and then north when I hear the enemy initiate the contact. It was sporadic, but several were hit. Veilo, Noises and red_one took hits, and Noises was KIA. But some of our fire had found its mark.

I crawled around the border of the camp clearing, then ran for some rocks on the high ground. There I found a dying enemy. He wasn't in great shape. One Makarov magazine to the temple ensured that he'd be spawning on the coast, and not bothering us. I'm a believer in shooting until I see a kill message.

There were still two out there, though. The guys who were hurt were attempting to move, and evidently, they were flanked by the bad guys. Spiritwalker took one in the back, with no warning. It was clear now that suppressed weapons in enemy hands were complicating our lives.

I was a fair distance from the action at this point. Somewhere in the mix, Baldrick went down. I'd moved north to just short of the settlement up there when I heard red_one and Brewski get the drop on a bandit. I could almost envision the rifle in his hands, see his index finger take up the slack, and then see the brains of a very bad man being spread over the cold, damp ground.

It didn't take long for another burst of fire. Sneaky little bastard crept to within a sparrow's fart of Brewski and red_one, and was paid back with a dirt nap.

We regrouped, looted bodies, and then had the realisation that none of us had the space to carry anything we might find in those tents, so we left and returned to the relative safety of the forest.

Epic night. Video games should not bring on adrenalin rushes like that, but I seriously could not stop shaking for a few minutes.

Well done to everyone involved. Although our numbers were greater, they had some very serious advantages. They knew the terrain, they had lower pings, suppressed weapons, ghillie suits, and the requisite Russian accent of bad guys in movies everywhere. We took just as many KIA as they did, but it was only through great coordination that it didn't go down a great deal worse.
Biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 04:24 AM   #126 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1346

Breezy

Dear Diary...Just got murdered!

I finally found the hospital and should have known it was trouble. Bodies piled up everywhere inside but lack of zombies. I collected what I could from the bodies (got my first winchester and didn't get to use it ) Anyway climbed to the roof for some surveillance and saw this guy working his way to the front door but I just didn't think any more of it. Surely he was just looking for supplies like me. Wrong.

I thought about setting up prone in front of the ladder and watch if he climbed up, but thought better to check out the rest of the landscape, I was looking for the supermarket next. I should have listened to the little voice, the gut, instinct...

I didn't hear him behind me...two bullets, in the back of the head...lesson learned.
Gluggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 05:17 AM   #127 (permalink)
And I don't have the excuse of Rabies
Ace - Post: 9699 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
The Battle of Black Lake

Picture it: You're on a US server, with the standard 250 ping, you've been dicking around in the very far north of the map alone, planning to meet up for a quick bit of smash and grab on a tent city to the east of Black Lake.

The guys you're meeting up are moving as a group of about eight, from the south west of the lake. You're not entire sure where this camp is. You know roughly where, but all of a sudden, out of the corner of your left eye, you spot something out of place.

I stumbled upon the group of tents by mistake. Suddenly a green-clad figure runs from front to left, attempting to flank. "Oh snap", I say to myself. This is bad. I do not like surprise. I bolt to the west, with the voices of the group letting me know that they're in that direction.

I circle the lake, meeting up with Veilo on the south side. He's like a ghillie clad ninja, moving carefully towards the camp. I flank a bit more to the east and then north when I hear the enemy initiate the contact. It was sporadic, but several were hit. Veilo, Noises and red_one took hits, and Noises was KIA. But some of our fire had found its mark.

I crawled around the border of the camp clearing, then ran for some rocks on the high ground. There I found a dying enemy. He wasn't in great shape. One Makarov magazine to the temple ensured that he'd be spawning on the coast, and not bothering us. I'm a believer in shooting until I see a kill message.

There were still two out there, though. The guys who were hurt were attempting to move, and evidently, they were flanked by the bad guys. Spiritwalker took one in the back, with no warning. It was clear now that suppressed weapons in enemy hands were complicating our lives.

I was a fair distance from the action at this point. Somewhere in the mix, Baldrick went down. I'd moved north to just short of the settlement up there when I heard red_one and Brewski get the drop on a bandit. I could almost envision the rifle in his hands, see his index finger take up the slack, and then see the brains of a very bad man being spread over the cold, damp ground.

It didn't take long for another burst of fire. Sneaky little bastard crept to within a sparrow's fart of Brewski and red_one, and was paid back with a dirt nap.

We regrouped, looted bodies, and then had the realisation that none of us had the space to carry anything we might find in those tents, so we left and returned to the relative safety of the forest.

Epic night. Video games should not bring on adrenalin rushes like that, but I seriously could not stop shaking for a few minutes.

Well done to everyone involved. Although our numbers were greater, they had some very serious advantages. They knew the terrain, they had lower pings, suppressed weapons, ghillie suits, and the requisite Russian accent of bad guys in movies everywhere. We took just as many KIA as they did, but it was only through great coordination that it didn't go down a great deal worse.
Yeah, I heard you guys in TS mention one of the survivors was called Yori. I had just joined your server after you killed him. Due to bad luck, I spawned in some debug area that I couldn't get out of. The only way to fix it was to suicide and respawn.

Bye bye 19 day old maddog.

Anyhow, after respawning with the bare basics, I once again found myself on the beach. Within seconds I hear gunfire to my left. I quickly go prone and see a survivor running toward me. I aimed my pistol at him and saw that it was 'ol mate Yori. Straight away, I knew he wasn't to be trusted.
At first (due to the high ping being on a US server), I saw him glitching into the ocean. I fired at where I thought he was, but alas, the ping was making me fire at nothing. Next thing he is warped back on the beach from where I last saw him.
This is where I decided that laying prone on the beach was not going to help me much in this situation. By this time, my heart is racing at a hundred miles an hour. I turn and high tail it to the nearby hills. As I am sprinting across the train tracks, I can hear bullets whistling over my head.
I start to zigzag, and randomly change direction while still making for the hills.
I look back over my shoulder while running, and see Yori is still chasing after me. Although I have only been alive for a whole 5 minutes, the thought of dying to this guy after what I heard over TS earlier made me really tense and nervous. This was a "kill or be killed" situation. I angle my direction across the steep hill in the tree line to maximise my speed, whilst still looking over my shoulder to keep an eye on Yori.

I come across a decent sized tree to take cover behind and quickly take a knee to try to recover quickly so I can steady my aim sooner. Once my breathing has slowed down, I lean out to the side of the tree to see that he has gone prone 30 metres away.
Next thing I hear him on in-game positional voip start to try to psych me out with his trash talk.
"Come on buddy. I'm an easy target. Why can't you hit me"
I leaned out and sent a couple of rounds in his general direction which shut him up for a few seconds. I didn't quite catch a lot of what he was saying, but I heard the word TOG mentioned. Obviously something to do with his last encounter with the TOG guys in the north of the map.
I knew he was trying to bait me out from behind my cover. I keep leaning out to the side to check his position.
Oh, shit!! Where did he go? He was no longer where I last knew he was, yet I could still him trash talking me. So I knew he was closing in on me. But from where?
I start scanning everywhere from both sides of the tree. Oh shit, oh shit!!
I am packing my dacks at this stage. I do not want to die at this guy's hands.

Suddenly I see some movement to my left. He was flanking me. In a split second I had my makarov sights aimed in his general direct and fired 3 shots in quick succession. His body slumps to the ground and his trash talking ceases. "Yori was killed" appears on the left of my screen.

I let out a huge sigh of relief, and realised then, that I was holding my breath for quite some time. I was on the edge of my seat, and very, very jittery. What a relief, when I saw him drop. I knew he wasn't going to have much loot, seeing as I knew he had only just respawned from his last encounter with a TOG member. But I managed to get a few mags of ammo for my makorov, painkillers, water bottle, food, and bandages.
That was the most intense moment for me so far in this game, as up until then I had avoided all contact with other survivors except fellow TOG members. But in this instance, my hand was forced, where I had to kill, or be killed.

Sig created by Juganort

Last edited by maddog2204; 10th June 2012 at 05:22 AM.
maddog2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 05:41 AM   #128 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1678

Nice write up Biggus, though the second friendly to die was Baldrick. Then Brewski spotted the ghillie suited assasin and Red took him out, it was about 4 or 5 minutes later that the third guy snuck up behind Spiritwalker (who was only a few metres from Red and Brewski) and shot him in the back from only a few metres away with a CZ. I was about 50 metres to the north and hell it was loud.

It was quite a night I was quite some distance to the SW when it started with you stumbling across the tents and it was great listening to the chatter in TS as everyone was maneouvering around the first exchange of shots were not audible to me, though I was close enough to hear you're coup de grace on the first enemy guy that was shot.

As I was getting closer it was quite nerve wracking trying to build a picture of exactly what was going on and where the friendlies and enemies were, then I spotted movement to my left front as someone was running from left to right - quick call out on TS for TOG to prone and it soon turned out to be Spiritwalker. We slowly advanced around the north side of Black Lake and stumbled across Red and Brewski, it was just after that that Brewski spotted the ghillie suited enemy that killed Noises and Baldrick and Red put and end to his existance.

Robber and I then went over and looted the guy Red killed, I came back across the valley and took up a position about 50-60 metres north of where Spirit, Red and Brewski were. It was not long after that the silence was shattered by a shot and we were all "Shit that was close!", this was followed by a minute or two of tense scanning of the forest before Red, I think, calls out "I see him" closely followed by a bang, bang, bang and Maj Krutov (or whatever his name was) joined his comrades down on the sunny south coast (at least he would have if he didn't rage quit).

All up the engagement probably went for 10-15 minutes of stalking and scanning followed by short, sharp and deadly bursts of fire, and I for one never even saw a live enemy only the bodies. As Red said this shit is the best gaming experience had in years.

I later met up with Noises and Spiritwalker as they were cruising up the coast in their stolen boat singing pirate songs . I provided Noises with a much needed blood transfusion as he was doing wiggles impersonations and we all made it back to the tent where Spirit was able to reclaim his M24.

edit- Nice write up maddog. Yori was the guy in the ghillie suit, you should have told him I was having a great time with his M4A1 CCO SD and Robber was loving the M9 SD.

Last edited by Speedy; 10th June 2012 at 05:50 AM.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 06:16 AM   #129 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 42

Amazed

Dear Diary

Had a good night at work playing dayz instead of working :P
Somehow my laptop makes new characters and doesnt run off my old ones!

And wouldnt you know it after running to stary tents in the rain and dark i find a mp5sd and ammo and a m9sd and ammo all for whats an alt character!

sometimes this game can be so frustrating lol
I will have to get a togger to help me swap them over between the toons one day if i survive long enough
capisculosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 06:25 AM   #130 (permalink)

Chatty

Stole a boat. Parked it. Stole ANOTHER boat. May have died but that's not the point. I stole two boats. Two. I'm a double pirate.

And I handed off that M24 before I died.

Listened to this while we drove the boat. Feel like I clocked Day Z already.

Oh and since my respawn, in the time it took us to hook back up with you guys, I clocked 41 zoms with 40 headshots. Hectic. Youtube later this week.

Last edited by Noises; 10th June 2012 at 08:23 AM.