Old 22nd May 2012, 11:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_one View Post
epic read JK
Thanks Red!

Haha DM, funny how fickle those twisted bastards are eh!!

Old 22nd May 2012, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Dear diary...

Last night I died three times.

First time I was doing a loop scavenging deer stands. I was at the ladder to one when I heard a crack and dropped to the ground, bleeding out. Didn't have much gear and the bandit was at least kind enough to come a finish me off instead of leaving me to bleed slowly before I could respawn.

Second time. I respawned south of where I died and consciously decided to avoid the place of my death, but somehow found myself back there again. Figured I may as well check my corpse and the deer stand, after all I had called out the bandit's location last time and they wouldn't have stuck around, right? But there they were, five of them ahead of me in the forest. I hit the dirt but they had seen me. Bullets started kicking up dirt and they were approaching slowly. Staying in place was suicidal, so I jumped up and ran, zig-zagging madly. There were plenty of shots and bullets whizzing through the air around me, but they only clipped me with one shot. I was bleeding, but not terribly. I left the forest and ran across a field toward some trees. I ducked quickly behind a low one without even looking back, and quickly bandaged myself, then lay under the tree. Sure enough, like a pack of animals with the scent of blood in their nostrils, the were out for the kill. I waited quietly, Makarov in hand. They approached and drew level with the tree I was under. I did not think I would escape notice, so I opened fire, hitting one who then dove for cover and out of my line of sight. He friend joined me under the tree shortly later. I got a couple of shots off before *click* *click* *click*. "Damn." I said, into the muzzle of his barrel.

If I'd had a whinny I reckon I would have taken at least two of the pricks...

Third time. I was with four friends. We had worked our way all the way across the map and were approaching the airfield in the NW corner of the map. We were still hitting deer huts as we went, and we had just found one. I was in front and moved in to mop up the four or five zombies there. I shot one and the others all pricked up their ears and came running. I moved back into the tree line where the rest of the lads were waiting to cut the zeds down. I moved right out of the line of fire and they opened up. *Bam* *Kapow* *Pap* *Pap* *Pow* *Bam*

And I dropped like a sack, dead before I hit the floor. Everyone went very quiet on Teamspeak. "Well guys.' I said, 'Either there's a bandit with eyes on us, or one of you have just taken a humanity hit..."

"Err, looks like I owe you a beer." said friend Daffy.

On the flip side a server glitched spawned me only about 500m away with all my gear.
Old 22nd May 2012, 06:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
And I don't have the excuse of Rabies
Ace - Post: 9879 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Fine

LOL. Great stories JK.

Dear Diary:

Sorry for poor quality. Windows Movie Maker is not the best for editing and compressing. I had to recompress it using another program just to make the file size manageable for uploading. Plus the fact that I only recorded using FRAPS at half size quality to reduce the size of the raw data file.

The above is cut down from about an hour and a half of footage.

Sig created by Juganort
maddog2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
BF Game Op
Competent - Post: 267

Buzzed

Nice Job guys, it was a good run.

i think the spawn time is a bit short for those type of areas. Next time we need to just bail from the town when they start to respawn and hit them again once all are back. I will give us a more controlled entry and exit to the town.
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1660

Amused

That frag was great Maddog!! (around 24min mark)!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

Awesome story JK and maddog thats one of the best grenade kills I've seen in game, granted the only other one I've seen involved the grenade bouncing off a wall back at the guy.

Dear diary..

Today I was forced to take a life, I tell myself it was him or me but that doesn't hide the anguish I felt for the deed I did.

Kamenka, I had just fought off 4 zombies that were standing between me and the fire house. The fight was worth it but it left me in a bad state, one of those undead crawlers managed to rip the flesh and I was bleeding out bad..I thought i was a goner until i found some bandages in the fire house which saved my life but bandages don't help put the blood pooling around my body back in. It started to rain, my vision blurred, unable to control the shaking as my body was going into shock and was balancing on the line of blacking out.

Suddenly..In the distance I spot someone! another freak? no they're human..a bandit? my eyes barely able to see through the rain and cloudiness the pain had inflicted on my body..I yell out to him, hoping he's a friendly who can help me, I put all my trust in this gamble, I was in the middle of his sights, struggling to see, down to my last magazine..I waited for his response in anticipation...no response. This revelation shot through me faster than any Enfield could. I had put myself in this mans sights and was about to pay the price. I could see the silhouette of the man come running at me as i loaded my pistol I knew this would be it. All of the sudden he stopped in his tracks and then *bang, bang* I dropped to the ground but didn't get hit amazingly, I saw this as my only chance in a blood lust state I aimed at the shadowy figure and unloaded 4 bullets into his body before fainting.

When I came too I crawled over to the body of my assassin to take whatever his corpse didn't need anymore, however what I saw made my face turn white..It wasn't a bandit, it was another survivor..I had shot down a survivor.. I told myself "he shot at me first it was me or him!" until I saw the body behind me..he was never aimed at me..he was aimed at what was behind me..he killed the zombie coming up behind me..
Old 23rd May 2012, 02:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
And I don't have the excuse of Rabies
Ace - Post: 9879 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Fine

Oh dear. It sucks to be you right now. Do you remember the survivor's name in case you run into him again?

That's what I love about this mod. Everyone has an epic story to tell every time they log in. There are so many decisions to make that will lead you on different paths with different results / consequences.

Sig created by Juganort
maddog2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 08:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCamV View Post
I told myself "he shot at me first it was me or him!" until I saw the body behind me..he was never aimed at me..he was aimed at what was behind me..he killed the zombie coming up behind me..
Awww noooo!!
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog2204 View Post
Oh dear. It sucks to be you right now. Do you remember the survivor's name in case you run into him again?
Nah I never got his name, I think he was new which is the worst part, all I was thinking was "him or me, him or me" safe to say I now just avoid people all together unless I know they friendly.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 265

Cool

just finished watching the vid madddog, very cool