TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 23rd June 2012, 10:38 AM   #201 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1606

Fine

Dear Diary,

Today I intentionally killed another player.

I had been spending an hour spawn camping the barn north of Cherno. Taking the rubbish out and waiting 15 minutes for respawn.

I was half way through looting the barn when I heard another player come into the barn.

We were both armed, he had a shottie, I had a crossbow. We looked at each other....then they left.

I continued with the looting and not two minutes later I saw another player enter, this time they had a ghillie suit. I took that to mean they had been around awhile.

They hadn't noticed me....they climbed up the first flight of stairs in the barn...then dropped off and broke their leg.

Perfect time for me to take a shot, only had one bolt left.

I aimed, then fired. It hit. I had fired from the first floor in the barn, they were on the ground floor prone (due to broken bone). They must have tried to take me out because I heard their shottie fire.

Luckily it missed.

What ensued was me watch from above, the player trying to kill the 10+ zombies that they attracted with their shot.

It didn't go down well for the player. They switched from shottie to Mak and tried to stop the zombies, but alas the player died.

With no remorse I looted their body.

Scored a watch/map and a double barrel shotgun.

I moved north to the tree line and logged.

Another day in DayZ.

Old 23rd June 2012, 01:08 PM   #202 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

Dear Diary,

We had come our here looking for bandit camps. I'd only just spawned and I'd been picked up near Solnichniy in the Hilux. We'd been to Cherno, the FireStation, where I'd picked up some chem sticks and and AK with no ammo. While we were there I checked the Hilux and in the boot there was raw meat. I helped myself to a few pieces, then we'd driven north through the night, off the edge of the map, north west of the last blades of grass.

I'd laid down to sleep and when I woke up, the sun was overhead and there was no sign of the hilux. I had no water or food, no ammo, no survival kit, no map, no compass, nothing. I didn't even know how far from where the maps started again I was. Hoping it was morning, I put the sun at my 10 oclock and started walking. By the time I got back to the map, I found myself at the end of the road down Grozovoy Pass. What to do? Risk the bandit-thick country in the North West to simply find food and water, or risk a march further East to a reasonably safe place. If I went south, I'd probably be killed by a bandit. If I went west southwet, I might perish on the long march to Pobeda Dam. With a resigned sigh, I began to run.

Hoping against hope, I ran along the northern border of Chernaus, through the black mountains. There was a chance, however slim, that I might find a tent out here. If I didn't, I was counting on being able to recognise the lay of the land west of the dam, having spent some time around there looking for vehicles and tents in the previous weeks. I hadn't spent much time there, but I hoped I would recognise something.

The first pangs of hunger came up like a familiar friend. The desire to eat, the salivation at unbidden thoughts of forgotten treats, thoughts that become cravings. Sausages. Herb and garlic sausages, that's what I was trying to stop daydreaming of. I could almost smell them. I remembered the last timne I ate them. I remember the texture, the aroma. This first part of starvation wasn't so bad. Since the infection came, I spent nearly half my time feeling at least this hungry.I tried to put the thoughts of food out of my head and just kept running. I was pretty sure of my direction, but on cresting one hill, I saw a massive valley I didn't recognise from my memory of the map. I was presented with a choice. Stay on track and trust my sense of direction, or detour back northwards to the edge of the map and head west to more familiar country. There was a chance I was right on path for the dam and was just feeling lost because I was crossing unfamiliar territory. Then again, there was just as good a good chance I'd gone too far south. I decided without even stopping that I would continue to trust my sense of direction.

Thirst came next. Not just the dry mouth, that was something survivors need to get used to. It was the dizziness and weakness of physical dehydration. My main focus became keeping the sun at the same angle off my direction of travel. Hunger and thirst hit me like a gunshot. I felt half dead all of a sudden, and could feel myself getting weaker. I still didn't recognise any landmarks. The life and death side of this march which I'd been aware of the moment it began was, at last, a physical reality. I'd mentally prepared myself for this, accepted that I might crawl into that barn at Pobeda Dam and find nothing but empty cans. Or worse. Made peace with the knowledge I might not even make it as far as the dam. Even though I'd prepared for the inevitable, I still wasn't going to submit to it easy.

Through the trees I saw a wide meadow. I was angeling towards it so I held my course and kept running, watching through the trees, hoping for a glimpse of a tent but seeing nothing. As I approached the treeline I had a mad flash of recognition. This looked like a place a I knew. Within twenty steps I was certain, I'd stopped here and taken ten minutes to watch my six to see if I was being followed. I knew exactly where I was, but my vision had faded to the point where I could hardly see colors, and I still felt myself growing weaker. I was still two and a half clicks from the western end of the dam, and even though I knew where I was, I didn't know if I had the strength to make it. All I could do was keep going and hope.

I crossed the long grass meadow west of the dam and plunged into the forest again, running for my life. With each step I grew more sure of where I was, I was able to see myself on the map in my mind, I knew I wasn't lost. the only questions, would I make it to the barn, and would I find anything there to prolong my life? Down the last hill and across the last meadowe to the last row of trees. I paused near the treeline before the building out of habit, before I remembered I'd made for this place because nobody should be here. I had nothing to lose. I Didn't see any zombies, but my vision was grey and blurred. With what felt like the last of my strength, I crossed the barn yard and made for the side door.

I didn't even stop when I heard the zombies inside. It sounded like more than one, but I was past caring. I entered the building, one zombie on the other side of the building, the other on my right near the back door. The front door was clear. I saw some empty cans and a double barreled shotgun. My heart sunk. No food. No drink. Not even a canteen to fill at the dam. My hopes were dashed, but I decided in an instant not to give up, even though the situation was hopeless.

I went for the shotgun as the zombies raged and started towards me. I dropped the useless AK. Taking the new weapon with a steady hand, forcing calm on myself, I broke the weapon open and loaded the two shells I'd found beside it, and raised the stock towards my shoulder it as I clicked the breach closed. The barrel came up on the chest of the closest zombie and I blasted his ribs back across the room. I turned to face the second one and he walked forehead first into the barrel and screamed at me. I unloaded the second barrel into his face. I took a step towards the nearest body and fainted at last from hunder and thirst. Five seconds earlier, two zombies would be eating me.

Seconds later I awoke. I crawled to the zombie carcass in front of me and went through it's pockets. No treasure hunter ever felt the elation I did when I discovered the beans in the zom's jacket pocket. I peeled open the lid and poured the cold beans down my neck. The second body, miraculously had a can of soda on it. Refreshed but by no means saved, I picked up the remaining junk and took it outside. I retreated to the woods west and waited.

When i saw more zombies, I knew it was time to look again. less than 1000 blood. I decided to wait . Like clockwork, I passed out again, and as soon as I woke, I got up and ran for the barn. Inside this time, a hatchet and two more zombies, a jerry can and more junk. I ignored the zombies and went for the hatchet, dropping the shotgun and picking up the little axe. I wheeled around, the nearest zombie was almost on me. I swung blind, twice and the first zombie went down. As I turned to the second one, he rushed me and tore at my neck. My hand on his chest, trying to hold the thing away from me, keeping it's snapping teeth back. I guess it was instinct that made it grab my arm and try to bite it. As his head lowered, I buried the axe in the top of his skull and he went down hard, but I was bleeding too. I forgot everything else. One bandage in my pocket. I wasn't even sure if I'd bleed out while i bandaged myself, or pass out befiore I finished. I'd danced along the razorblade line of life and death for long enough, at some point, I was bound to fall. But the bandage went on, and I managed to crawl away from the barn, down beside the lake. And here I lay. About 150 blood left. Alone. No supplies. One weapon, and using it means getting close enough to die. One more hit and I'm a dead man. all this way, and the battle for survival goes on. But now, I'm tired. Too tired. I need to sleep. I need matches. I have enough meat to change my luck in a an instant, and no way to cook it. I have a dam full of water, and no way to drink it. I am inches away from the line between life and death, and I've crawled along it long enough. Enough. Sleep. Care tomorrow.

Last edited by Noises; 23rd June 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 01:23 PM   #203 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 742

Cynical

UH.. sorry about that noises, i logged in, saw the hilux got in and drove away... completely forgot about you.... u still need help? or are you dead?
Old 23rd June 2012, 01:25 PM   #204 (permalink)

Chatty

I dunno, have I earned a rescue? Have I been hardcore enough? Or should I keep working this barn, claw myself back from the line?

pffft. bring matches, canteen & ammo to pobeda plox.
Old 23rd June 2012, 02:17 PM   #205 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1678

I has blood.
Old 24th June 2012, 06:48 AM   #206 (permalink)

Chatty

Dear Diary,

I awoke to a new day. My eyelids resisted the effort to open them, I touched my face and felt it caked with dried blood. Flies buzzed away angrily. I could barely see, but I crawled across the valley floor and began to think about what to do next. I knew there was a large hill to the south, over it was the town of Krasnostav. I remembered there was a long barn and a milking shed, side by side and just out of town to the North west. I was starving. Not quiet dying of thirst or hunger but I would be if I didn't eat soon, and I didn't have the strength left for another effort like the day before. I made my way up a steep rise and walked across the meadow towards the hill I could make out in front of me. Though I could hardly see and I kept passing out every few minutes, in my minds eye I knew where I was going, and I trusted I could make out shapes well enough and be able to tell uphill from down to the point where I wouldn't get myself lost.

Crossing east of the summit I heard AK fire from the airfield and ignored it. I continued on my course, no bearing, no map, just dead reckoning and a fair memory. I found the dirt road that led into Krasnostav with no problems and smiled. I followed it along until I was in the treeline above my target buildings. A few hoppers appeared nearby, but they hadn't seen me and I hoped to keep it that way. I grabbed the hatchet and began the long crawl across open ground to the barn. No zombies inside, fortune was smiling on me. But when I saw the trash and wood piles inside, my heart sank a little. I cleared out the junk and moved to the next building. Bandages, crossbow bolts, shotgun shells for a winchester and more wood and empty tins greeted me. I cleared that out and backed off undetected.

Shortly I saw a few more zombies and guessed it was time to check the building again. Once again, no food. I was passing out more often, and it didn't seem like help was going to reach me, I figured I'd have to help myself. I knew there was a market in town, but I wasn't exactly sure where and with limited vision it was hard to pick out the distinctive shape of the building. But it was the market or bust, so rather than waste any more time I set out into town. Do or die. Who dares wins.

There were zombies everywhere. Whoever was at thje airfield must have passed this way and stirred them up. Dropping prone, I crawled in across the fields and down between two houses. I came out on the street, opposite the market, and not a zombie in sight. I stayed low and crossed the street, and was thrilled to find two cans of pasta just inside the door. I ate them right away and continued scavenging. A hunting knife! An empty canteen! A tent! Oh sweet, binos too. Loads of ammo for weapons I didn't have. In the back I found the real life saver though, a box of matches and a small creature comfort, a watch. Armed with a hatchet, kitted out with a knife, matches and a canteen, I could survive for as long as I could avoid bandits and that would be a whole lot easier with the binos. I decided to set a fire in the market and cook up the two day old meat I was still carrying. Replenished, able to see pretty well and in no fear of passing out at an inopportune moment, I decided to quit while I was ahead instead of searching the market looking for a pack or any other comforts or tools. I knew I could find a pack and maybe even a compass and map if I looked, but I had a feeling I shouldn't risk it, that it was time to go. I set out from the back door, bisecting a trio of zombies in the yard behind the market by crawling through them. I made it around the wall and couldn't see or hear any more zombies, so I rose to a crouch and made good time heading north again. As I passed the milking shed, a burst of makarov fire sounded in the town behind me and I knew I'd escaped death by the narrowest of margins. It sure pays to know when to get out.

On my way back to Pobeda as I crossed a field I spied a cow. I ran up on it and killed it with my hatchet, thankful to be able to make the kill silently. Gutting and butchering the kill yielded enough meat to get me back to full health. I cracked a can of soda I'd picked up at the market and quenched a mild thirst, washing down the steaks. I stopped at the dam to fill the canteen and set out west a little way to a small, secluded valley. I set up camp in a stand oif pine trees and went looking for more food. There was a whole dam full of potable water enarby, but I wanted to lay in a good stock of food after my recent narrow brushg with starving to death.

I took a slow, casual patrol north, west, south then east, picked upa a goat and a boar for my trouble. I gutted and butchered the kills, cooked the meat and took it back to the tent. Fully healed, armed, equiped and feeling quite pleased with myself, I crept inside my new found tent and fell asleep before I had time to scratch myself. Life goes on.

Last edited by Noises; 24th June 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 24th June 2012, 07:16 AM   #207 (permalink)

Cynical

We were in the factory at 115076 (GPS COORDS) farming it for an engine, and then a admin posted that the server would be going down in 2 mins, we got to a safe spot, logged off and waited for the server to be restarted, once it had, i logged in, and had a look around, a zombie was close enough to see me and it ran towards me, it then vanished and appeared behind me, it then hit me and it suddenly came up with the "YOU ARE DEAD" screen, it was also showing that i has -14,000 (minus fourteen thousand blood) before it hit me i had 12,000 blood, so it had hit me for 26,000 damage in one hit
Old 24th June 2012, 07:23 AM   #208 (permalink)

Chatty

Operation Turtle is a go.

Last edited by Noises; 24th June 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 24th June 2012, 07:32 AM   #209 (permalink)

Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noises View Post
Operation Turtle is a go.

so.... once you are on your back...your F*cked?
Old 24th June 2012, 08:12 AM   #210 (permalink)

Chatty

Think duck and cover, without the nancy song.