Old 18th August 2012, 05:08 PM   #361 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog69 View Post
I've never had a run of luck like this, and all this after finding a can of the supposedly cursed Mountain Dew!
It's only cursed if you keep it. ask the guy you took it off.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th August 2012, 08:06 PM   #362 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1613

Lurking

Dear Diary,

We were running for what seemed like days, and there was't a tent to be found.

So I thought I would invite some friends along for a run:

They didn't seem to like me too much, so ended up dumping them and moving on north.

Found a nice set of camo's but lost my alice pack and all its awesome content, along with my Zed kill count

Came across a chopper crash which turn out to be a bust, nothing but angry guys hanging around

Finished up with a nice nap in the forest, dreaming of a big loot or camping ground!
Old 20th August 2012, 03:11 AM   #363 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

Dear diary,

I find myself waking up on this day, new, reborn. Flashes of what was rush through my head like an old VHS stuck on rewind. There was only a handfull of us out here, cold and alone our small team needed assistance, we called in that we needed an immediate pick up as we had 2 men down and the rest injured, it was getting dark fast! We moved to a nearby barn and rattled off our location, it would take the pilot of our recentely rescued chopper 20 minutes atleast for him and two others to fill up the chopper as well as fix the main rotor, there was nothing we could do so we set up watch and waited.

As night began to fall so too did visibility, I was on guard outside the barn with my fellow team mate while the other three rested inside, both on edge, always jumping at the slight notice of movement always thinking "was that movement a player or just a bug? How many people are out here? if I shoot how likely will the zombies come running and how likely is it someone will freak and shoot me?" so many scenarios running through my head I snapped back to reality as I heard a fellow teammate yell out the chopper was inbound and was a minute away, suddenly off in the distance the sound of our rescue was all too reassuring, we ran out into the paddock and 2 of us signalled down the helicopter. "I see you guys down their i'm gonna turn on the spotlight to land so stay back" We couldnt have been more happy to see that chopper, then it all changed.

The ground lit up under the spot light and their about 200 meters ahead of us were 2 guys in ghillies, I froze as I knew they werent with us and that the chopper had only brought 2 gunners with him who were both in the chopper. The next few seconds changed everything, I yelled out "Hostiles!" as I hit the deck and unloaded my clip from my M4A1 CCO, no kills, I hear gunshots fly by me as my team opens fire, one ghillie disappears as the other pulls a rocket launcher. He aims at the helicopter, 4 of us unload into him as he takes his aim, all I hear is him scream "DIE!" as he shoots the rocket, he misses as the helicopter gunner unloads on the ghillie, finally he goes down. All falls quiet as the helicopter lands, we pile in and restock up, as we all enter the helicopter we hear it, BANG, followed by a blood curdling scream, the left side gunner is dead, BANG, another shot pierces the air "SNIPER!" The chopper manages to get in the air before we lost another man.

the darkness surrounded us as we flew through the air, the only noises to be heard are the blades of the chopper and the brief few words from a comrade in the seat next to me. "two minutes till we hit base" I slump down in my chair and think about the brave survivors we lost and why I was so lucky to still be alive, I was thrown back to reality as the cockpit of the chopper lit up orange. "Hey, what did you do? why is it lit up back here? I like it because I can see again" I yell to the pilot, his response sent a chill down my spine "Its not me man, I haven't done anything...WHAT THE F--- IS THAT!"

I looked to my left and the night sky had lit up. "Dude that hill is on fire, the entire forest is on fire!" I yell at the pilot to get us out of here, he pulls a hard right and flies north east, I look behind to see the entire forest on fire..and thats when I heard it, that voice, that bone tingling voice, the voice of death itself..all it said "You're all going to die.." The pilot panicked and quickly landed the chopper, that was our mistake, the voice came back and screamed the same scream from earlier..."DIE!" as everyone around me was killed by an explosive round, I survived on 1000 health with a broken leg, I yelled out to my team but they were dead. A flare lit up next to me and I knew this was it I could hear it, the voice, coming closer, singing, "la-la-la-la-laaa-la we all..fall..down.." I see the figure step into the light of the flare, BANG.

These nightmares, they come and go, but with every day that passes, I grow a little stronger and continue to fight these demons who taunt me with their games. I brush the sand off my pants and I learn to survive again..
Old 22nd August 2012, 07:04 PM   #364 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1245

Tired

I'm not far away from getting fed up and posting the following entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus
Dear diary,

I found a jerry can, some matches, and decided that I'd put them to good use by burning down the infuriatingly crap ADSL exchange that gives me 600ms+ pings to ANZ servers that is located 600m down the street.
I've never had withdrawals from playing a game before!
Biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 07:24 PM   #365 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 350

Dead

Boo to your conection Biggus... Might be able to spare a satchel charge or two and you can blow up their HQ, that'll learn then to not mess with TOG DayZ veterans
Old 22nd August 2012, 07:45 PM   #366 (permalink)

Tired

lol

I wouldn't trust myself with a satchel charge. Maybe an M136 if you find it.
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:02 PM   #367 (permalink)

Tired

Dear diary,

For a brief half hour, my pings were low enough to jump into the game. Listening to red_one and Veilo, I could tell they were fairly close to me. After spawning, I confirmed that they were a bit to my south near Cherno. They were going to move roughly towards me, and could I cover them with my L85?

Yup, no worries. You guys are safe with Biggus watching over you.

Roughly a third of the way across, I received a high ping kick.

I logged back in, listening to Veilo mention that there were a few zeds at a building not far from my location in the tree line. Well, that's strange. I haven't spawned yet, but there's zombies.

I spawn, hit up the thermals and have a bit of a look around. At this point, I'm not entirely sure where the guys are in relation to me. I spot a survivor running up to the edge of the treeline.

"All TOGgers, get down."

When this dude didn't get down, and I heard him shooting something to my south (with an M4 CCO SD, mind you), I put about eight rounds of Radway Green's finest 5.56mm NATO FMJs into his face. That did the job.

Looting his body, I found plenty of SD mags, antibiotics (which was handy, as Veilo had just started coughing), NVGs, pretty much everything bar cammo clothes or a ghillie suit.

Right around the middle of my looting spree, I was ping kicked again.

And wouldn't you know it? On logging back in, all the gear I'd grabbed had disappeared.

Such is life in an alpha patch.
Old 23rd August 2012, 05:11 AM   #368 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1742

Sleepy

Dear Diary,

Day 21 dawns and I still can't find a compass.

The stupid thing is that I don't really need one, I have a map and GPS but after a week of looting camps out in the wilderness I still don't have a stupid compass. I have everything else, and I mean everything, but the one item I'm normally tripping over in every building I go in is conspicuously absent from my tool belt and finding one is starting to become an obsession, like an itch I cant scratch.

After walking west to east and back along the northern border I'm heading south down the western edge raiding camps to try and find my precious.

I haven't seen another living soul for over a week and I'm getting pretty complacent as I thunder through the forest with all the grace and stealth of a heard of elephants so I don't see the bandit in the Wookie suit until he's 10 feet directly in front of me, staring down the sights of his gun.

A crack of gunshot and I'm back at the beach by electro and I have the unwanted attention of a Zombie before I even get my bearings. I run around the nearest building and then duck inside and pull the door shut behind me.

On the floor in front of me are three items, an Alice pack, a can of coke and you can probably guess what else .

Rog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 05:11 PM   #369 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

Dear diary.

Looted a guy in a ghillie suit on Dobry hill.

M4SD, AS50, NVG, GPS, etc.

Ever..y...thing.

Who needs The North?

Last edited by red_one; 23rd August 2012 at 08:28 PM.
red_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 05:48 PM   #370 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1613

Lurking

Dear Diary,

I was heading from Electro towards Cherno, as I neared Pridorodky I spotted what seemed like another survivor, he had a few Zeds on his tail and was moving pretty fast.

I moved in to track him, hoping that I would catch him unawares to see what he was selling

after tracking him through the first barn, I heard shots, moving through the trees I saw another Bandit and they were exchanging rounds, my target killed the other bandit so I moved in, aimed the double barrel at his head then BAM. Bandit down.

The Zeds cleared out and my heart slowed, so I moved in to check my loots. An AS50 was my prize! Too bad he wasn't nice enough to leave me any rounds.

I was now in cherno and I heard more shots from a pistol. I saw a pack of Zeds and another survivor, he was heading to the supermarket I was in, so I played the waiting game...he entered, I unloaded a clip of M9 into him and he ran, straight out the back door. I chased unloading another clip and a half into him. He was bleeding but not dead. He ran around a building and when I got around the corner he had logged

After surviving all of these encounters I broke my legs walking on a walkway in a building, and Im down to 3000 blood