Old 23rd August 2012, 06:56 PM   #371 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_one View Post

Who needs The North?

Indeed.

I had hung out at the NW airfield for a few days, looking for lootz and pvp. After bagging a couple of bandits and getting very little in the lootz dept (GPS was the only rare thing, despite trips to the barracks, station and tower), another band of survivors got the jump on me. They at least had the decency to check friendly, which is no small thing at NW airfield, but I think my reply was a bit too flippant as it was quickly followed by a round to the head and a trip to the beach by Kamenka.

Instead of heading east, on a hunch I went north/west to the border and low! I found a well concealed tent with as50 and L85 with lots of ammo (my first play with both), plus various other sundry items. I was pleased with the outcome of my own smart-assery back at the airfield. With the new toys, it is hard to resist the power of the dark side and turn bandit. Tonight we shall see .
HamiHarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24th August 2012, 10:53 AM   #372 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

There are no friendlies at the NW AF.

Sounds like somebody has a hankerin' for the Face First tribe
Old 24th August 2012, 12:39 PM   #373 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1613

Lurking

Friendlies are just people too slow to KoS

I died again (stupid barbed wire and sandbags) and spawned west of Kamenka.

Was running towards my body to get my gear back and happened to see a lovely chap running towards me.

After Identifying myself as a fresh spawn that has nothing on him I ran past him.

He stopped, turned and unloaded a clip of M4A1 into my back
Old 24th August 2012, 02:03 PM   #374 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

Some people just want to watch their humanity get lower :P
Old 24th August 2012, 02:55 PM   #375 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 555

Sneaky

Dear Diary,

Well nobody else is posting about it so I guess I will.

TOG Tribe presents...

"How to Succeed in Ambushing Without Really Trying"

I woke up just east of Elektro near the lighthouse. There's plenty of TOG chatter on the radio and Deadzy asks if anyone is keen to setup an ambush. I'm always happy to help emancipate other surviviors from this hellish existence so I let him know that I'm keen. He swings by to pick me up in a UAZ and we sweep by to pick up Bazz.

Completely ignoring Noises' well thought out strategy around ambushes I suggest we head towards Prigorodky. I know that I can camp up in the rise above the farms there and get a great sweeping 180 degree vista with my trusty DMR. We pull up on a nice little hill near the main road and leave the UAZ there as bait. Deadzy sets a satchel charge near the vehicle so we can incinerate any unsuspecting prey who try to jack the vehicle. I run towards the treeline on the northern rise to setup my sniping position and Bazz is clearing out zeds.

As I'm running north I hear an almighty explosion. I spin on my heels to see that the UAZ has exploded into flames with a mushroom cloud of smoke rising above it. Deadzy and Bazz's corpses are flung about 50 metres away from the explosion and land with fountains of blood spurting from them. It would seem that Bazz, in his eagerness to clear the area, shot the satchel charge and seriously compromised our mission success. Hysterical laughter fills the TOG airwaves.

It's a shame too because what followed showed that it would have been ambush heaven. Forgive me if I get the details or the order wrong because there was a lot going on.

Deadzy and Bazz start making their way back towards Prigorodky to loot their gear after spawning on the coast nearby. I keep my position up in the trees as overwatch on their corpses an the charred wreckage of the UAZ which has flipped onto its side. Fallen was cruising around on a motorcycle so he assisted with transport for Bazz and Deadzy (and ticked off a horde of zombies with the motorcycle. I sniped zeds and continued overwatch while the guys looted their corpses.

Now our server is usually a fairly quiet little spot when I've been on but for some reason tonight was full to the brim with 40 survivors (maybe something to do with our camp being advertised on YouTube). I spot a survivor coming into the barn nearby but can't get a shot away before he gets out of view. Fallen rides the mototrcycle right up to the barn (don't ask me why) and discovers that there's actually two armed survivors there and suddenly a firefight breaks out. TOG reigns supreme and the intruders are duly dispatched.

Next I see two apparently unarmed survivors coming in from the east. I inform my teammates and Fallen and Bazz ride up to them on the motorcycle. Bazz has a friendly chat with one of them just before Fallen kills them both (I think one of them was one of the previous survivors that Fallen had already taken out so he wasn't having much luck).

After Bazz and Fallen had ridden off Deadzy was up in the treeline with me when we start taking fire and Deadzy is killed by a sniper. I hit the deck to hopefully avoid detection (I'm in a ghillie suit so my odds are fairly decent) and make a nice long arc around where Deadzy was killed to see if anyone comes in to loot so I can take them down. While this is all happening a bunch of zeds had been pulled into the trees but were bugged so they weren't attacking, just occasionally running towards me and then standing in place just to make things even more unnerving than they were already. Meanwhile Bazz has come back with an L85 to scan the forest I'm in to see if we could spot the attacker but no luck. I can't see anyone either so after about 10 minutes I go down and check Deadzy's body and eveything is still there. I head back to my original location and take up my sniper position again to cover the approach for Deadzy.

Right then I see a guy in a ghillie suit and an AS50 come in from the forest from the west and he stands about 20 metres in front of me scanning the farms and completely oblivious to my presence. "Anyone on the hill in Prigorodky?" The answer comes back negative and Fallen yells "Shoot, shoot!". I land two shots into him and he tries to run to his left once he realises he's under fire but the damage is already done and he crashes to the ground. He's still breathing so I walk up to him and finish the unlucky bastard off with a shot to the head. He's down before he even has a chance to set up his sniper position. I check his body and he's fully kitted out with every single toy you can think of. I already had everything I wanted for myself...well except for an AS50 so I happily relieve him of that heavy burden. I let everyone know that he's there for the looting. Bazz, Deadzy and Fallen arrive shortly after and Deadzy is able to get his kit back and they get the bonus of looting the fallen sniper.

Not wanting to push my luck I decide to call it a night. So checking the tally, after botching the original ambush plan, we managed to take down five survivors and it all happened in the space of about an hour and a half. I also get an AS50 to play with for the first time and we get some more nice toys to share around. Overall a pretty successful night.

Last edited by Jacomus; 24th August 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Jacomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 03:17 PM   #376 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2774

Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacomus View Post
Overall a pretty successful night.
well....to a point
Not long after you bailed, I managed to run over fallen on the bike killing him, and then later whilst giving chase to a stolen pickup on the bike we both got wiped.

Good times!
(And a nice write up btw )
Old 24th August 2012, 04:14 PM   #377 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 33

Amazed

Heres a video of our side. Thanks to Bazz and Fallen for coming to my rescue.
Day Z - How TOG lose vehicles and annoy people - YouTube
Dayzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 04:22 PM   #378 (permalink)

Sneaky

So your kill count for the night was (including yourself):

TOG members 3
Other survivors 0

You're a real asset to the team, Bazz
Old 24th August 2012, 04:57 PM   #379 (permalink)

Sneaky

Thanks Dayzed. You guys had a pretty decent adventure as well.

It was cool hearing the commentary back. I've amended my write up to correct a few inaccuracies.
Old 26th August 2012, 03:18 AM   #380 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1247

Tired

So, I died again. I got careless and did something silly, and sure enough, I got shot.

I respawned at Elektro. It looked relatively peaceful in the only just fading afternoon light. I decided that it might be a good idea to hit up this seaside mecca for noobs and other idiots before heading off elsewhere. As I'm definitely in the 'idiot' camp in this game, I figured that I should make a beeline for the firestation. Surely a man can find himself some automatic weaponry in such a place, right?

Well, by the time I got to the top, I'd come up completely empty. I paused to ponder my situation: unarmed, alone and in a sometimes-busy town. My thoughts were interrupted by the impact of gunfire on the walls around me.

I ran downstairs and out onto the street. I'd pulled a few zombies, but they weren't my most pressing concern right now. No, the three bandits attempting to kill me at very close range were my biggest immediate problem.

They weren't armed with anything amazing. M4s and a shotgun. But in the land of the unarmed, the man with the Makarov is king, right? And as I didn't even have a Mak, well, I was just going to have to improvise.

I was roughly 20 metres from them when they first spotted me on the street. I zigged, I zagged, and I ran at them. As I did so, the zombies that I had pulled had become the problem of my would-be assassins.

The next five minutes or so were somewhat like Dawn of the Dead meets Benny Hill. I ran around them, I dodged, I weaved. I pulled even more zombies. One bandit would pursue me behind a nearby building, but I'd get out of the line of fire fairly quickly, and another few zombies would be added to the fray.

At one point, the chase reversed, and I was chasing one of their guys, despite being armed with nothing more than the direct chat channel and my winning personality.

Within a few minutes, there was enough chaos going on around these bandits and their fifty odd zombie 'friends' that I was able to slip away towards the coast and sprint as far away as Otmel. As I passed the craggy outcrop of rocks at the end of Elektro, I could hear those poor, incompetent bastards opening fire on the zombies in their own fight for survival.

The lesson is that no matter how awesome it is to have friends with you in a fight, there's always a knob with no weapons that can turn an easy kill into a complete and utter mess.

Last edited by Biggus; 26th August 2012 at 03:23 AM.
Biggus is offline   Reply With Quote