Old 31st May 2012, 05:42 PM   #81 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_one View Post
That would tie us to one server though wouldn't it?
Yeah, to a fairly large degree. Can still play on any server we want of course but we will have invested a lot of effort into a specific server so I think we'll all be more likely to continue on that one. Not necessarily a bad thing, becoming regulars. Other regulars will get to know that if they mess with a TOGger they will end up on our KOS list.

Old 31st May 2012, 05:47 PM   #82 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4572

Fine

We should start tracking that list too... Kieran... Tom... Punzine... you know who you are!
Old 31st May 2012, 05:59 PM   #83 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghoidal View Post
We should start tracking that list too... Kieran... Tom... Punzine... you know who you are!
Totes man. Get a KOS list going.
Old 31st May 2012, 06:02 PM   #84 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4572

Fine

haha Bean bounty for heads.. 5 cans of beans from me for anyway that takes out Punzine!
Old 31st May 2012, 06:03 PM   #85 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

I'll chip in three second hand sardines!
Old 31st May 2012, 07:15 PM   #86 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 541

Chatty

I got 2 cans of pasta if you find a guy called Das..was killing everyone who spawned near him on the beach just for the hell of it.
Old 1st June 2012, 06:20 AM   #87 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

DEar Diary,

Had an interesting encounter today. Survivor spotted on the road between cherno and balota. I was in the woods, moving slowly and carefully to hook up with Jarni on his first Day Z and get him out of the coastal PK zone and up to the boys.

This guy was running towards cherno on the road. I laid down to watch someone kill him. Anyway, as I laid down, through the woods to my west another survivor appears., He's moving like me, real careful like, and he has a rifle on his back. White Wolf, his name was. Ten seconds difference and we would have walked into each other, who knows what would have happened.

As It was, I'd seen him, he hadn't seen me, so he was still alive. He was passing between me and the road, and had also spotted the other survivor who held his attention as he crouch walked past almost close enough to step on me. He continued on and when he got level with the servo, about 60m back the way I'd come, He called the other survivor out, asking him if he was ok. Either the guy was a total newb, a bandit who can't shoot for shit or just an idiot, but the guy opened up from what sounded like the far side of the road on the a guy in the hills across the road with a makarov. I hear one rifle shot and no more mak fire.

Later, Jarni, me`and a bunch of TOG survivors who'd spawned in at the coast after patching all hooked up around windy mountain. Killed stuff, cooked it with flames, ate it. Went into Bor to get water, all 6 or so of us. Speedy decides to use an assault rifle to down a Z. Game on lol. There were zombies coming out of the woodwork and those zombies had more zombies coming out of them, it was nuts. Somehow nobody shot anybody else in the head and there was enough ammo to clear the entire town, which handy because we pulled the entire town. And we all lived. No bandits turned up either, bonus. We had another togger on TS coming over from Kozlovka who said he could hear us shooting the place up from there, that's how loud we were. With canteens filled we stepped over the bodies of the no-longer-walking-dead and left Bor a ghost town.

Later myself and three others had an even closer shave at the supermarket in Zelenogorsk. A zomn opened the back door, a shot rang out, the town came running. Only this time, I had no ammo for the revolver or the winny. Somehow we got split up, I think it was either biggus or speedy who booked out after me across the carpark heading south with 8 or 10 zoms hot on my heels, 5 more coming from accross the lot and no ammo.

When the other guys came out from the market it was with another 10 or 12 in tow. I ran in circles trying not to get too close to other guys so they'd be free to duckshoot the zoms I was kiting around the carpark. Thing was, I'd been hit back at the market and I was bleeding out. The last zom was dropped and bandaids applied with around 1200 blood left in me. Luckily there was enough cooked meat between us to get me back to being able to see well enough to run and shoot in blurry black and white. We were down a man, who was kiting his own half a dozen zoms off to the southeast. Back to the barn we went, stirring up even more zoms, and glory or glories, rounds for the revolver in the first drop location I looked. I loaded up just as the zoms arrived, spent two rounds on two headshots. Hectic.

back to Bor and in to town again for another water run, and that was a whole other mission. This time, stealth, evasion, going the long way around, spotting and exploiting the gaps. Discovered raging zoms with smoke grenades is an excellent distraction. Damn that town spawns hard. Give me a lake in the middle of nowhere over a waterpump at the edge of town any day. Struck out to the east to log out spitting distance from the cities. Next time is raiding time ...maybe.

Last edited by Noises; 1st June 2012 at 06:45 AM.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 09:58 AM   #88 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 515

Angelic

Bravo noises!
damn good read first thing before work!

Nothing says "I'm a lazy-arsed console porting Dev" like 'Press Enter to begin' at the title screen. I have a "Loot" fetish. Pro Sig Courtesy of ONYX
Hell Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 10:37 AM   #89 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 265

Cool

Dear Diary,
I feel bad, actually bad, I consider myself a good person, a just person, but temptation has lead down an exciting, awesome, path!

While exploring the map and its constraints, I happened across a survivor camp.
Where I saw not one, but two wonders of the world we now live.

Motor cars! This/these survivors had two motor cars, a red sedan and a ural jeep. Also they had two tents of supplies.

I'm not an overly greedy person, so I stole just one car! Now I have a little of theft regret. I know that the owner probably worked hard collected parts and fuel, and I've just walked up and taken it.

I hope the second car serves them well.
Aussieamen

Last edited by Aussieamen; 1st June 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Aussieamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 11:30 AM   #90 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 541

Chatty

Awesome story Noise and aussieman did you atleast leave them a note? Wouldn't feel as bad if ya left a note.

Dear diary,

I finally had my chopper ride and was dropped in one of my fave locations. The lumber yard up the North east coast. From there I decided my best bet would be to loot as much as I could and then walk west inland to hit the towns and military bases. Re armed from the survivor camp as well as being given an Alice pack I began my hit on the nearby buildings. I found nothing really over the top just a few maps, a hatchet, a toolkit and some ammo for random assortments of guns. When hitting the final building before leaving for inland I saw a gun sitting there naturally I went over to check it out and safe to say I was happy to see it was an MP5SD, one of my all time favourite guns for being silent and small enough that not many people can see it on your back so it's not an attention grabber. I picked that up as well as the 2 clips of ammo and start making my way inland.

I managed to get lost on my trip and after hitting a few small towns I'm now on the outskirts of NW airbase. Only reason I didn't enter was because I could see 5 people shooting each other and last time I went in I got killed by a grenade so I sleep on the outskirts a few hundred metres away and wait for my opportunity to move.