Old 25th May 2012, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk
Default Killing zeds quietly

Hi guys,

What's the most effective way to kill a zed without alerting his mates?

Old 25th May 2012, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 932

You would have to use a silenced weapon. From memory there's the crossbow, a silenced m4a1 and a mp5. Actually I'm not sure if you shoot a zombie this way they will briefly 'alert' before dying, possibly triggering others - anyone know?

Alternatively you could snipe them from far away, but with the current respawn rates it's pointless - it'd reappear by the time you get down.

Honestly though, you can avoid 99.9% of zombies through crawling. I've navigated plenty of places crawling with zombies through crawling. Note that you should always go to crouch before crossing into buildings however.

The scariest part is when you a crawling between two zombies and you can hear them on either side but you have to keep moving forward, holding your breath that they dont trip over you.
Old 25th May 2012, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

God damn I hate respawning zombies.

Makes half the strategies I Think of, useless.
Old 25th May 2012, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

I agree. There's no sense of 'clearing' a town so you can explore at your leisure.
Old 25th May 2012, 03:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 265

Cool

Sniper rifles appear to aggro vast groups of Zeds when fired within 5km of an area populated by said zeds. Use for pvp away from zeds
Old 25th May 2012, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Average - Post: 239

Lurking

Zeds.. are your shield.. you should not be killing them.

They are your defense against a trigger happy Bandit.. people are less likely to shoot you in the middle of town if it is still infested with Zeds, and if someone else decides they are going to take a few of them on... well.. you will know about it, and get the jump on them instead, depending on your persuasion
Old 25th May 2012, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Makarov if you don't have anything silenced. Makarov has a surprisingly small pull radius. Even the revolver has a pretty low pull radius. M1911 not so much, that's pretty noisy.

My sidearm is my anti zombie weapon. My main weapon is for... Other things... Pigs and cows and sheep... Yeah that's it.
Old 30th May 2012, 05:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

agro a zom? run. get away from his mates before you drop him. he won't catch you if you stand and sprint and when you turn around he'll be right behind you. you can kill him "quietly." Worst case Ontario, you pull one or two more zoms in your retreat, no problem, keep going, better to kill three out of town than kill one in town and pull ten more. and if you see me running out of a town being chased by zoms, please don't fire. I'm running them away from their mates so I can kill them without stirring up more.

Deerstands you can sneak into and out of without having to waste ammo, but don't forget to crouch again when you get up the ladder. Barns, 70% of the time I get in and out without agro, but if I pull one, I run inside, get up the first flight of stairs and let them all come to me. If you come to a barn with no good loot and a pile of zoms at the bottom of the stairs, noises woz ere.

Last edited by Noises; 30th May 2012 at 05:51 AM.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 12:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Having finally snagged a M9SD, I can report that zombies don't aggro if they're getting shot by a silenced weapon. There may be one random 'sprint' before they collapse however.
Old 30th May 2012, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

double post