Old 22nd June 2012, 05:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 33

Default Props to Bru1zer and Penthrox, TOG members

Just wanted to pop in while my application is pending to give props to a couple of TOG members, Bru1zer and Penthrox.

They helped me out quite a bit today on the TX20 DayZ server, and represented TOG very well. It's typically difficult to find good, trusting players in DayZ, I was lucky they were there, and just those kinds of players.

Thanks again guys!

Old 22nd June 2012, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1038

Lurking

Bru1zer and Pen certainly are quality. Keep rocking Old Dogs
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

Spy!

Old 22nd June 2012, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_one View Post
Spy!

I don't know Red, I reckon Pen's ok but you could be right about Bru1ser.
Old 22nd June 2012, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2895

Amused

Shucks lol.

Could have gone a different way depending on the mood we are in and tension in the server at the time.
The other day after the patch where you start with no weapon we were ferrying newly spawned players into churno and elektro and handing out smackdowns to anyone that was praying on the weak, giving away pistols like it was christmas.
The the next day we are are merciless, shooting anyone and everyone on sight.
Wounding those that would run away.

Last night was a bit of both, started out planning to do a bit of humanatarian stuff and I get killed, I had no back pack at all and a bloody crossbow, and I was protecting the guy from zeds not 30secs before he shot me.
Okay round two, get killed whilst I'm feeding the dog no big deal only had a dinner bell.
But that's the norm then weapons free so to speak.
After that I lost count of the casulties list between us.
One guy at bolota, 3 in electro (can you beleive there was no one in churno?)
One poor sap was riding a pushbike through electro, didn't even want the bike killed him too.
After getting sick of PVP we made our way to nitchoy grabbed a slow fishing boat and putted up the coast and answered your call for help at berezino.
Once we departed we ran around the lakes area looking for vehicles and truth be told as we made our approach into the NE airfield if pen had not had the foresight to ask where you were I probably would have shot you.

We had a bit of a discussion on it in this thread.
http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ors-sight.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru1zer View Post
After witnessing someone ask for someone to give them a blood transfusion, and then re paying the gesture with a bullet to the face, and getting shot at by anyone and everyone including those those should know better 3v1 etc.

I will murder you.
I will murder you on site, I will lie in wait for you, I will chase you down and murder you, even if you have crap gear, I don't care, the fact that you are within a square mile of my pressence and I don't know if you will come back and try something sneaky... I will murder you.

See me and don't shoot me, your loss I will murder you.
Spark up a friendly conversation? I don't know if you're legit I will murder you.

If you happen to be on the same server as me and in a similar location, and I ask "is anyone... something matching the description of what you are doing" best speak up quick lest be murdered.

PS.... I will murder you.
Old 22nd June 2012, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4587

Fine

Yep, you were lucky!
Old 22nd June 2012, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 992

Shocked

I was in a good mood and decided if you shot me, I really didnt care I myself had broken my leg not an hour before when at Balotta Airport and had to wait for Bru to run from Elek with Morphine. So when you said that I could completely understand your frustration!

If we got a problem, we can solve it, we just lock the thread, whilst we refuse to solve it.
Penthrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

I read your posts, Bru & Pen, in the other thread after I started this one. Indeed, I am a lucky chap and glad to have found you two in the mood you just happened to be in

So, is there a preferred format for the 'TOG' player tag? I have a feeling I'm gonna need it!
Old 23rd June 2012, 05:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2895

Amused

Looked like you had the tag right tonight.
Sorry we let you die at the NW airfield tonight, kinda hard without voice comms.
Old 23rd June 2012, 02:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru1zer View Post
Looked like you had the tag right tonight.
Sorry we let you die at the NW airfield tonight, kinda hard without voice comms.
Yeah, no problem. I'll probably stick to being a loner during the day since I'm on a comms-less PC, and try to find toggers at night since I'll be on a PC with comms then. Trying to keep each other informed and involved (and, alive) is too much work/risk when you have to stop and type it.

If you see me online during US-daylight hours, if I am close, I'll join you, but don't go out of your way or hold up somewhere waiting on me. And, if I do happen to join up with you, don't worry about trying to type too much to me, I 'll usually figure out what's going on soon enough. And never feel guilty if I die while without comms - it comes with the territory. Besides, I haven't perfected dying yet, once I have, I'll work on living.

Speaking of perfecting dying....

Found myself alone in an undisclosed location with nothing but an ax, a bandage, a broken leg, and a recently looted (not by me) chopper (not the one from when we played today, much further south). No loot on the hilo but a heatpack, so I figured someone must have simply discarded it while looting whatever dropped before. Anyway, I backed off and thought I'd try to camp it for a while in order to see what dropped. After a few minutes, the whole compliment of Z's had respawned. Hmmm...what's a broken-legged camper s'posed to do now? How about we try sneaking up on them 1-by-1, and chop'em down at the knees! Much hilarity ensued. No loot ever did spawn, but I ended up with 31 belly-crawlin' hatchet Z kills before finally bleeding out. A total waste of my evening, but I had a ball doing it.

Does one have to kill all the Z's in a group before loot will spawn on a downed chopper? Or be a certain distance away from it? The few times I managed to reach the chopper again during my Z hack fest, no loot had spawned.