Old 27th June 2012, 11:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

Default Aus group startup

Hi All,
I want to hook up with other toggers on aus dayz servers and try to build a community or just repair vehicles and get wicked equipment. Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I usually end up playing solo. Other players met in game are way too unpredictable, every time I trust, I die. So if there are other toggers in Aus who want to group up, post here and hopefully we can meet up.
I am currently Trying to escape Cherno with some fairly decent gear. Need a transfusion. On ANZ9

Last edited by Elitch; 28th June 2012 at 12:10 AM.
Elitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th June 2012, 04:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 988

Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitch View Post
Hi All,
I want to hook up with other toggers on aus dayz servers and try to build a community or just repair vehicles and get wicked equipment. Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I usually end up playing solo. Other players met in game are way too unpredictable, every time I trust, I die. So if there are other toggers in Aus who want to group up, post here and hopefully we can meet up.
I am currently Trying to escape Cherno with some fairly decent gear. Need a transfusion. On ANZ9
I can help if you wish, I have blood and am at Cherno. Just find me in TS mate and I will come and help you.

If we got a problem, we can solve it, we just lock the thread, whilst we refuse to solve it.
Penthrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1185

Hey,

Jump on TS, go into the "Arma2 - dayz" channels with people and ask the good people there where they are.

They will generally say the name of the area - some are near cherno/balota, some are on the west side of the map (zelno/green mountain) others are in the north/north east.

When you hear an area that you are willing to run to (and/or interests you), ask what server and start running while asking for regular updates on the current location (a lot of the time some group might be in say Dolina ...you run for 1 hour to Dolina but they have only been passing through Dolina when you asked, they are now on the other half of the map so good luck running another hour). Ask for both their current location and destination.

Just make sure they aren't currently under fire and/or hunting a hostile If they can spare the the comms, all of our groups will tell you their location/destination/server - and as far as i know, every group is always happy to have more people join them.

As to vehicle hunting - i don't think many groups will ever say "what's that, a repaired truck full of guns? nah, pass, busy farming residential apartments" - those things are always fun

In regards to server - we generally pick 1 or 2 and stick with them until it becomes too dark to play on it, but it generally varies every night. We usually play on american servers with sub 250 ping - the aussie ones generally are too unstable at the moment or at the very least are hard to get into (always full)
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 33

I'm definitely keen on this too. I've been playing solo since I got the game and it gets pretty tough without anyone to play with.

Strength in numbers is definitely applicable in this game.

I'll hop on teamspeak after work tonight if anybody else will be on
choC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by choC. View Post
I'll hop on teamspeak after work tonight if anybody else will be on
I think we can pretty much guarantee that someone will be on.
Old 28th June 2012, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by choC. View Post
Strength in numbers is definitely applicable in this game.
Definitely but also do not forget that the strength of a group is limited by the strength of the weakest link.

At certain point, having more people becomes less and less productive - imagine you're looting some tents and the following happens within few seconds:

overwatch: all clear guys ... hold on who is that leaving the north tent?
someone: i don't know which direction is north is it to my left or my right?
looter1: that's just me
looter2: wtf someone just shot me! i don't know where i am though
everyone: who is shooting
overwatch1: i think we might have a hostile among tents
looter1: it's me guys don't shoot!!
looter2: i am bleeding
overwatch: who just left tent1 !?
someone: which one is tent1?
overwatch2: two hostiles approaching from the rightr
everyone: whose right!?

Meanwhile a single ninja-logger-in is cleaning out our guys

So yeah, the more people in the group - the more important is discipline:
- clear comms
- how important is what you want to say - does it even apply to current situation?
- if you're lost, find your own way, now is not the time to complain about not having 2nd monitor
- always announce ALL of your gunfire always, all of it - how many shots/what you are shooting at.
- if you're moving to a new location - attempt to announce it BEFORE one of our snipers tells everyone to get down because he's about to fire.
- never use left/right. it means nothing to anyone except you. oclock directions rarely, always use Never Eat Sour Wheatbix. If you don't know compass directions at all times/in all places - reconsider what you are doing in this game/in the group.

Now all this is pretty nice in theory - but under fire = stressful situation, people dying = people panic = comms ALWAYS deteriorate because people always forget discipline. It's part of the realism and ultimately part of the draw of the game I think

Still, adding more people is only as good as the discipline of the individuals
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 742

Cynical

I think it goes more like this.....

VEILO: (overwatch) I see someone in the bushes
MADDOG: what server you guys on?
SPEEDY: US blah blah

BANG....BANG...BANG

MASHIRO: wtf someone just shot me!
RED ONE: who is shooting?!?!?!? call your shots guys!
VEILO: i think we might have a hostile among tents
SPEEDY: Ohhhh an M4A3 CCO.....
MASHIRO: IM BLEEDING OUT!!!!
VEILO: who just left tent1 !?
1R0NS1DE: which one is tent1?
YVNU: two hostiles approaching from the right
Everyone: whose right!?

PENTHROX, 1R0NSIDE, MASHIRO, SPEEDY, BRU1ZER

SAY HELLOOO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND

BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
BANG....BANG...BANG
etc etc etc

then people can die, some can rage quit, bullets and grenades flying all over the place...

some like to take the game seriously, and some (like me) like to have fun with only a tiny bit of seriousness (and i think i die quite a lot)

so my advice, play your own style, you will have alot more fun that way
Old 29th June 2012, 03:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

Word. Had a great run with Toggers on dallas server. Ended with most of the group getting wasted by zeds at the nw airfield, but was def a fun time. I am kitted up again and looking forward to the next time we meet.
Elitch is offline   Reply With Quote