Old 28th June 2012, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk
Default Truck!

How did you guys go with the truck last night in Vybor?

Old 28th June 2012, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1678

We bred it.

It gave birth to a red tractor.

I then found out that an AK-74 mag versus a tractor can end in a burning tractor.

Though we did adopt the Landrover that was driven by the people who tried to steal the tractor. The Landie also happened to have this cool thing called an AS50 in the back.

Oh there was also a bicycle and an atv that followed us home.
Old 28th June 2012, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1208

I'll do my part of the after auction report:

After you got out at Vybor, we drove south to pick up Fifty(sp sorry) south of zelnogorsk. This went mostly fine - Iron did very fine driving. We pick up our guy and head back through zleno towards berezino.

It was sort of like one of these zombie movies where finally the humans (I was going to say heroes but to me, zombies are the real heroes of zombie movies come up with some awesome plan involving a truck and/or weapons and/or castles and start feeling cocky when suddenly ...

Ironside girlfriend's desire to legally download from itunes a copy of a single episode from an 80's classic tv series "V" (I assume) caused him to lag and crash into a barrier - killing both front tires!

We all get out to repair and promptly get swarmed with zombies - they are comming frm all directions so we all sprint to a nearby building, setting up fields of fire we being to kill many tens of zombies. Our gunfire of course brings even more zombies and while our bullets bring many down, some get closer and closer before falling!

Eventually one of these zombies manages to get a hit on paulie, bringing him down! We all rush foward tryign to clear the zombies who are now swarming paulie's downed body! Some keep firing at zombies while others want to rush to Paulie to help him - neither group getting things done.

I am one of these, I rush through the door to adminster an emergency/combat blood transfusion but see some of zombies munching on him to come towards me so I unlaod with my m1911 - zombies start falling under the power of this hand cannon but ONE gets through and lands a hit on me, breaking my bones. I put him down but then another zombie gets a hit on me knocking me unconcious.

Paulie dies at this stage - 3-5 zombies were munching him while 20+ corpses were piled ontop of him.

I am almost resigned to my fate of bleeding to death while unconscious when ironside pulls me through the door into the house and promptly lags out (In his defense "V" was an absolutely stunning series when it was first released). Some other heroes rush in (speedy i think?) and adminster a bandage and a blood transfusion, saving me when i was on 1900 blood!

The survivors eventually manage to mop up the remaining zombies, get out of the house, notice that the tired are back (?!) so we pile in and drive out.

Paulie spawns near kamenka and starts running north, pulling some zombies and eventually doing circles in a field south of zelnogorks (I think - vehicles really mess with my otherwise perfect sense of direction/position). We drive through a forest and into a field, honking horn and plow through the zombies chasing Paulie.

We pick him up and drive to Berezino - we wanted to do a quick stop at stary sobor but it had zombies so we promptly drove past while honking the horn.

I had to go to sleep near berezino so I'll leave the rest of the story for the people who didn't have to go to sleep

Last edited by Veilo; 29th June 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilo View Post
I am almost resigned to my fate of bleeding to death while unconscious when ironside pulls me through the door into the house and promptly lags out (In his defense "V" was an absolutely stunning series when it was first released). Some other heroes rush in (speedy i think?) and adminster a bandage and a blood transfusion, saving me when i was on 1900 blood!
I think Ironside gave you the bandage as well before passing out, I just gave you the transfusion.
I was feeling a bit guilty as while you were all having the shootout in the building I had high tailed it off into the hills and was listening from a distance.
Old 28th June 2012, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I was feeling a bit guilty as while you were all having the shootout in the building I had high tailed it off into the hills and was listening from a distance.
After I got fully revived I did the same thing!

To do overwatch of course
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1745

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilo View Post
Best paragraph in an AAR ever!

Sounds like you guys had a ball
Old 28th June 2012, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

I was protecting the forests North West of Zelenogorsk from alien invasion. I didn't see one UFO so my contribution was, in my estimation, a resounding success.

hurr hurr hurr.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 05:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

Noises is a rock that keeps tigers away. :P