|28th June 2012, 12:41 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Current changelog for 1.7.2
* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)
* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)
* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)
* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation
* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )
* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )
* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )
* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )
* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated
* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)
* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)
What do you think ? Some awesome ones - no more 1 hit kill/leg break for zombies (paulie and I got hit with this last night). Fixing of both exploits and bugs with ammo (sometimes magazine fills up or sometimes it dissapears when re-logging).
And of course the sound changes :O noise carries further in fog, less in rain. Plus solid objects now block sound - should make running in or behind buildings less likely to attract zombies which was pretty annoying.
Would love more clarification on inspecting body fix - how awesome would it be if inspecting a body told you the caliber and number of rounds that killed a given corpse?
|29th June 2012, 11:39 AM||#7 (permalink)|
Don't think there's much info on them yet?
Also for those playing from work and/or on mobile phone - this is a good bookmark:
You can read current patch notes - and when a new patch goes live, the link will be the same and will update (caching can cause issues of course) so you can check if new patch is live and/or patch notes very quickly/easily