|9th July 2012, 02:31 PM||#1 (permalink)|
dayz myth busters
DayZ Mythbusters ? Episode 1! - YouTube
tl;dr if you don't have time/playing from work:
- you CAN retrieve items dropped in water
- smoke grenades CAN partially destroy buildings O.o
- 1 shot 1 kill - bullets don't travel through bodies to kill 2nd person behind the 1st.
- chopper rotor blades can't mow down zeds like in 28 weeks later (insane scene)
- bigger backpack/long rifle does NOT slow you down vs someone without
- you CAN throw a granade through broken window of a car, and out the other end (provided all glass is broken of course)
- direct voice chat does not appear to be agroing zeds
decent video, will watch for others
|16th July 2012, 04:13 PM||#5 (permalink)|
great, now that i am back at work from lunch i have to do tldr from memory:
1. zeds can swim and kill you in water
2. bullets from different guns have different velocities (not sure if tested properly tbh)
3. when you jump off from great height you can avoid death by landing on an object (car/barbed wire/etc) - bug I assume
4. single as50 round to the engine block of a uaz (i think) can make it explode (other cars/guns not tested) - it's not instant though, car wasn't crewed/running at the time (not sure if that makes difference)
5. you can't kill those black birds flying overhead (author can't be that bad with SAW)
6. you can kill zeds using empty cans (3-4 i think)
7. it is possible to make jerry cans explode (in video it took 3-5 hatchet hits so i assume less with guns/bullets) - the explosion did no damage but did make a nice fire.
8. heli can do backflips/front flips with a chopper (i guess once they are enabled?)
9. it is not possible to avoid bear trap springing on you using crouching/sideways crawling/vaulting/etc.
Last edited by Veilo; 16th July 2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: voultige !?