Old 21st July 2012, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty
Default New to TOG? Joined for DayZ? This is for you.

Hi and welcome to The Older Gamers. If you joined the clan for people to play Day Z with, there's some things you need to know to smooth your path into Chernarus with us.

First of all, we mainly use our members only TeamSpeak server for voice comms. Everything you need to know about downloading, setting up and joining the TOG TS3 server is in this thread. Once you get TS up and running join us in the ArmaII DayZ channel. From there, we coordinate which server we're playing on, on any given day or night and all of our group actions. As a general rule, anyone not in the Clan TS is considered hostile.

Please note we have a members only subforum for Day Z, and that's where we post sensitive information, like how to identify other TOGgers, where our loot stashes are, plans for raids and other sorts of monkeyshines. As a general rule, if you have info or intel you wouldn't share with a stranger in game, don't post it in this (the public) forum.

Mashiro is our resident self-appointed arms dealer. If you're in need of a gun, a map or some healing, he's your man. Actually most of us, if we're free and able, will be glad to help another TOGger out in game, but Mash is your go to guy.

To identify yourself as a TOGger we have a clan face we like to use, ask about it in TS. Last night one of our favorite snipers shot and killed a random in Cherno, in spite of the fact there were easily a dozen of us running around, because the guy wasn't wearing the TOG face. So long story short, if want to seriously reduce the chances of being the victim of a friendly fire incident, it helps to look like one of us. Further to that, we use the format TOG | YourNameHere for our in game ID. If you've changed your in game name in your player profile once, you can edit it in ArmA II to add the clan tag. If you're using your PC name (lolnoob) you'll have to create a new profile. Don't worry, you won't lose your stuff with a name change.

Well, that's about it. Welcome to the family, have fun and see you in the game

Edit: 2_islands (FPS Admin) Please note that only full TOG members may wear TOG tags.

Last edited by 2_islands; 22nd July 2012 at 04:38 PM.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st July 2012, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 350

Dead

And don't click Respawn if you want to keep your current survivor alive, ain't that right Noises?
Old 21st July 2012, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
And I don't have the excuse of Rabies
Ace - Post: 9855 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranger View Post
And don't click Respawn if you want to keep your current survivor alive, ain't that right Noises?
Haha.....so I'm not the only one to have done this then. I accidentally clicked it. when I meant to click on "Options". Lost everything including NVG and GPS.

Sig created by Juganort
maddog2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1611

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog2204 View Post
Haha.....so I'm not the only one to have done this then. I accidentally clicked it. when I meant to click on "Options". Lost everything including NVG and GPS.
Ouch!

If you hit respawn does your body drop and your loot stay or is it gone gone?
Old 22nd July 2012, 01:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Fine

Your body drops and the loot stays. To rub salt in the wound, Suits was with me, and was just in the process of retrieving my NVG's and GPS when the server restarted. Upon restart, my body vanished, along with the good loot.

Sig created by Juganort
Old 22nd July 2012, 01:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Chatty

14 Days, 90 hours. Went to reset my graphics options and hit respawn instead.

I like how when you want to log out, it's half a dozen confirmation, Abort, OK, yes, disconect, OK, yes, Leave server, Yes I'm sure... But respawn?
NOWORRIESMATEPOOF!DONE. XD
Old 22nd July 2012, 04:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noises View Post
14 Days, 90 hours. Went to reset my graphics options and hit respawn instead.

I like how when you want to log out, it's half a dozen confirmation, Abort, OK, yes, disconect, OK, yes, Leave server, Yes I'm sure... But respawn?
NOWORRIESMATEPOOF!DONE. XD
That is exactly what happened to me. Went to change mouse settings, and hit wrong button. And like you , my character was about 2 weeks old.

Sig created by Juganort
Old 22nd July 2012, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1611

Lurking

How can ya tell how long your player has lasted?
Old 22nd July 2012, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Chatty

On logging in, for a few seconds you will see Day (number). That's how many days your current character has been alive. I only knew how many hours that head had been alive because I was keeping track myself.
Old 22nd July 2012, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Average - Post: 199

Happy

Does anyone else have a lot of trouble finding a server to join? All of the Aussie/NZ ones are full, and the others have too high a ping and I keep getting kicked off. Any solutions/tips?

thanks
BlueMonday is offline   Reply With Quote