Old 26th July 2012, 12:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilo View Post
2. zombies now appear to have variable health levels - sometimes zeds die as they did before but sometimes they take more 3-4 m1911 hits. I have had zeds survive 1-2 hits from AKM last night O.O and it wasn't lag - these were MY zeds that I spawned - and tested this on 3 different servers!
Yeah same. Some infected will now take an entire makarov clip and keep going. With the damage you take, it's not worth carrying the lower-damage pistols anymore. The 1911 will sometimes take three-four hits to kill them, though my AKM, which has lower bullet damage according to the tables, was still always a one-hit kill.

Also, lots of zeds standing still. And fiends of mine were teleporting around the map, into and out of debug plains while still alive. Also losing weapons in backpacks when moving server again.

And I had a bear trap in my inventory (the first i've found) and when i jumped servers, to see if the zeds were modified there too, it glitched and went invisible. The line in my inventory is blank, the square on the picture is blanked out weirdly, and i cannot drop or move it. Well, i couldn't - me and three friends were running through the middle of nowhere when players started spawning in around us. We got two of them, but they got all of us Didn't *feel* like a hack, but they had no weapons at first, some with ghillie suits and some with civvies and coyote backpacks, then they had DMR's and M16's all of a sudden. This was actually the same server ppl were teleporting on, so i suppose more fool us really?

Ganny4Lyf!

Last edited by Buttersoft; 26th July 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Buttersoft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th July 2012, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1195

m1911/revolver mystery solved:

I was just reading official dayz forums and it appears that the issue is caused by the latest beta client patch O.o No server side stealth patch as red and I thought.

Whether it will get patched/fixed/reverted/changed - hard to say at this stage. Rocket hasn't messed with weapon balance in a very long time so this can go two ways:
1. "dont unintentionally mess with the weapon balance" - and this gets reverted
2. "rofl lets see how this plays out, might be good and i'll keep it, might be bad and i'll revert it" and it stays

Oddly enough - people who have not upgraded to the latest beta patch still get 1-zed-kill-per-one-45acp-round. Considering the beta client patch uptake isn't lightning fast I think this will get reverted/fixed for consistency reasons - if rocket wants to change weapon damage/balance etc it will be done via dayz_weapons
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 09:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

updated
Old 27th July 2012, 09:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 521

Was gonna say that zeds seemed to take a lot more killing the other night. Nearly out of G17 ammo now. At first I thought it was my bad shooting, but maybe not. I think it'd be an improvement if zeds took longer to kill. And more of them would be good. Once you know what you're doing, players are the only other major threat, zeds are just an annoyance.

Also, yay for possible return of heli's =)
Old 27th July 2012, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 64

Harder to kill zeds seems more realistic to me after watching all the movies where it doesn't matter how many body shots you get, they keep coming. I got a rude surprise or two last night. Engaging zeds in the open becomes more challenging as taking them down with body shots consumes lots of ammo, at least for ones that are aggro'ed and zippy-zagging all over the shop.
HamiHarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuggles View Post
Also, yay for possible return of heli's =)
Paging flight captain Noises, paging flight captain Noises. Please report to the flight deck - your aircraft is ready for departure to the ...FINAL DESTINATION

Old 27th July 2012, 07:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

laugh and I'll pull this thing over into the side of a building and you can get out and crawl home.

And no we're not stopping at maccas.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 07:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

BUT I HAVE TO PEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 27th July 2012, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

stop, stop, your wheels are turning!
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 02:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader

It appears that the source of the graphical glitches has been identified and a fix is in the works but won't be super fast:

Graphical bugs - Page 2 - Troubleshooting - Day Z Forums

prior that post most people in that thread were reporting the issue to be caused by the static soldier corpses (balota, berzino, stary tents, anywhere the map places soldier corpses basically)